DVDVR Message Board

NXT - March 2019

The Natural

Guest Edwin
43 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

No. A punisher is someone who severely annoys you or makes you socially uncomfortable to the point of physical agony. It can be done in a number of ways, such as close talking, talking too fucking much, using the term "amazeballs," excessive use of ironic/big humor, etc. In Bugenhagen's case, it's all secondhand embarrassment. 

This.

I had no idea what you meant either, but I agree.

EU and 1-2 are amazeballs, though.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I want Bugenhagen to have an air band faction. I don't get the hate with the gimmick.  Do I think it's a character for your top guy to have? No. It's a harmless mid-card comedy act. Would it succeed on the main roster? Probably not. 

I also think Bugenhagen's a midcard guy, but devil's advocate on this one...yeah, it's not like a guy who comes to the ring air guitaring could ever be the ace of a promotion, am I right?

(Of course I'm not doing a damn fool thing like saying Bugenhagen's got any bit of Tanahashi in him, and in all likeliness Heath Slater's the guy who should be sending out feelers- but it is there.) 

1 minute ago, SorceressKnight said:

I also think Bugenhagen's a midcard guy, but devil's advocate on this one...yeah, it's not like a guy who comes to the ring air guitaring could ever be the ace of a promotion, am I right?

(Of course I'm not doing a damn fool thing like saying Bugenhagen's got any bit of Tanahashi in him, and in all likeliness Heath Slater's the guy who should be sending out feelers- but it is there.) 

We both know there's more to Tanahashi than the air guitar. I honestly don't even think about it that much with him, whereas the air band is Bugenhagen's whole thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, New Japan has a worthless trios title, as does ROH, so I think it's time WWE introduce their worthless trios title. First champions, the Lone Rangers: Heath Slater, Eric Bugenhagen, and Rhyno.

There's three of them. They're not exactly lone. 

• Haha 5

59 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

I think a Trios tournament could definitely be a lot of fun.

It could be some direction for guys creative has nothing for. Mix it up with guys on the main roster; NXT; and NXT UK, and have it defended on all brands.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Jose is relatively young at 30, billed 6'3" and 240 i.e. he's main-event sized. Unless he has an attitude problem he's not getting canned.

He's underseasoned; they should probably send him on excursion to the UK or something. 

He’s absolutely a guy I see pulling off a Juice Robinson type turnaround.

• Like 2

I'm all for a trios title. Shit, these days the roster is so bloated that they really get their money's worth out of having more than two people in the ring. Of course, this is the same company that generally treats tag teams as unimportant so who knows...

• Like 1

The inaugural Fabulous Freebirds six man tag team title tournament. A piss drunk and pilled up Michael Hayes presents the belts and a fanny pack full of somas to the winners, the New Day, while repeatedly dropping the N-bomb. That turns out to be Kofi's WM moment. Michael Hayes is thrown into a car trunk and is never seen or heard from again.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

WWE prefers 3 man groups for their factions instead of 4 or more that I'm actually surprised they don't have a cross brand trios title. At the moment, the 3 man teams are a little low, but hell, I wouldn't mind watching the New Day feud with Sanity. At least Sanity would have something to do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

WWE prefers 3 man groups for their factions instead of 4 or more that I'm actually surprised they don't have a cross brand trios title. At the moment, the 3 man teams are a little low, but hell, I wouldn't mind watching the New Day feud with Sanity. At least Sanity would have something to do.

If they were to do a trios tourney, I'd go with

Undisputed Era (Strong, O'Reilly, Fish)

Forgotten Sons

Sanity

Lucha House Party

EU (Walter, Aichner, Barthel)

British Strong Style (Dunne, Bate, Seven)

The New Day

The Kings of Bar Wrestling (Cesaro, Sheamus, Ohno)

If you wanted to make it 16 teams.

Jinder Mahal & the Singhs (somebody has to be an obvious first round out)

Danny Burch, Oney Lorcan, Keith Lee

Drake Maverick, Rezar, EC3

Finn Balor, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson ( I know the Good Brothers are leaving when their contracts are up, so they probably wouldn't be used)

Gallus (Joe & Mark Coffey, Wolfgang)

Heavy Machinery & Rhyno (That would be an awesome hoss team)

Zack Ryder, Curt Hawkins, Apollo Crews (It's something for them to do)

Jack Gallagher, Drew Gulak, Mike Kanellis

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, New Japan has a worthless trios title, as does ROH, so I think it's time WWE introduce their worthless trios title. First champions, the Lone Rangers: Heath Slater, Eric Bugenhagen, and Rhyno.

Early last year/late '17, I honestly thought they might be getting ready for this. They had New Day, the then three member UE, the Miztourage, Sanity, the Shield, and had just thrown the Balor Club together. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Early last year/late '17, I honestly thought they might be getting ready for this. They had New Day, the then three member UE, the Miztourage, Sanity, the Shield, and had just thrown the Balor Club together. 

I could see a six-man title being introduced after Vince dies. It's probably one of those things that's "too southern 'rasslin" for him.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie