DVDVR Message Board

NXT - March 2019

The Natural

I believe Ford has all the ability of Ricochet if not the experience putting it together, but he also has a ton of charisma that a lot of highflyers lack. I like the slow burn push he's been receiving and his team with Angelo is a great way to keep him high profile without forcing him into the crowded upper card singles arena. Once Black et al are gone, I could see Ford challenging Dream for the NA Title and all of us losing our shit.

30 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I believe Ford has all the ability of Ricochet if not the experience putting it together, but he also has a ton of charisma that a lot of highflyers lack. I like the slow burn push he's been receiving and his team with Angelo is a great way to keep him high profile without forcing him into the crowded upper card singles arena. Once Black et al are gone, I could see Ford challenging Dream for the NA Title and all of us losing our shit.

Ricochet is a tall mountain to climb athletically.  I was talking to a friend and we were trying to figure out if we've ever seen a more spectacular athlete in wrestling.  We didn't come up with anyone.  Seriously, Montez Ford is an absurd athlete, but Ricochet doing double moonsaults and 630 sentons is something that is just something different.  Montez Ford is an athletic freak, but he isn't even the best athlete in his family.  

Meltzer and other sites reporting Ciampa will be undergoing neck surgery, out 6+ months. Hopefully he recovers fully and doesn't rush back. 

No idea what they do with the NXT title. Abeyance returns! I vote Adam Cole for champion. Seems pointless to have Gargano win it with Ciampa vacating.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Ugh.

If UE and Gargano are in the NXT title scene post-WM instead of called up, that's probably what will get me to stop watching NXT. NXT has always been a lot of things, but I've never been able to call it boring until the last year when they just let everything go way, way past its expiration date.

• Like 1

given how much they already taped to set up the match for Takeover, it is going to be one hell of a hatchet job in the next 3 weeks.  Or they will show the full thing and then we get this swerve in the last week.

I haven't followed NXT TV lately but when Dream won the North American title was that his "cash in" for winning the Worlds Collide show?  

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I haven't followed NXT TV lately but when Dream won the North American title was that his "cash in" for winning the Worlds Collide show?  

Yes

It's too bad that the shakeup is AFTER Takeover

Because - again assuming here - that they having guys drop down to NXT - using the motivation of guys going after a vacant NXT Title is a easy story to explain the movement

This really, really, really sucks about Ciampa. Damn that guy's luck. Hopefully after this he stays healthy for a good long while.

As for the next champion, I'm all for Adam Cole winning it.

• Like 1

BTW in case anyone was all ITS MELTZER! CLEARLY IT IS FALSE!!!! - PWI has confirmed that Ciampa will be having said neck surgery

They did note that the time table of when it will happen has not been confirmed

The decision that he was going to have the surgery was made late last week

Guest Edwin

Given how things have developed, I can see Ciampa running it out and some odd finish occurring at TakeOver.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Recovery time for a anterior cervical fusion is estimated to be 2/3 months according to google. 

The bigger issue will be whether the WWE ever clears him to wrestle again

Ciampa being out and having to relinquish Goldie makes me sad. He has been one of the biggest highlights in NXT for me the past year. As for who wins it. Honestly Cole would be the worst option for me, but it would at least give the UE story of all wanting to hold belts some push. I'd rather see Dream hold the belt, but that won't happen with him being NA champ. Could they possibly forgo a decision match at Takeover New York?

It's not completely unthinkable... I could see a Gargano suspension or expulsion, and then a Takeover with

Spoiler

Walter v Dunne

Shayna / Kairi / Io / Bianca

Raiders / Sons

Dream / Cole

Dijak and Ohno / Lee and Riddle 

and then a summer angle leading to a tournament final at the Summerslam Takeover for Goldie?

That's an awful long time with no champion.  (Especially with another Takeover in between) 

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they actually crowned a new champ during the next tapings. NXT has never been shy about running a title switch during the TV show. 

• Like 1

If you really want to appease the internet fans that NXT is largely booked for you can swerve with Harper going down while he has nothing else going on and running with the belt for a few months having great matches with everyone before putting e.g. Riddle over strong at the Spring Takeover and heading back up.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Peck said:

Has Ciampa's injury just been one of those things gradually building up over time or was he injured from a specific spot/match?

I thought Sheamus landed with his knee on Ciampa's neck when #DIY faced The Bar.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I thought Sheamus landed with his knee on Ciampa's neck when #DIY faced The Bar.

No Sheamus' body landed on Ciampa's knee

tommaso-ciampa-injury.jpg?quality=100&w=

• Thanks 1