DVDVR Message Board

NXT - March 2019

The Natural

That actually kind of pisses me off.

Spoiler

That was seemingly the biggest match they could do for the UK brand and they are giving it to the main NXT for no real reason. Beyond that with the other titles on the line they really didn't need another from the UK brand. This show is either going long or more likely one of the other matches is getting screwed for time (likely the wome's match).

• Like 1

Usually there's five matches on NXT TakeOver, perhaps we get six bouts here like we have in the past. Last time was at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II 2006. Time management for this is key, someone will likely miss out.

I can see the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship instead of the NXT Women's Championship defended. Big getting Sasha Banks and Bayley inside an NXT ring again. Banks' since NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015 and Bayley at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II 2016.

The NXT world is revolving around whether or not Ciampa's neck is going to hold up long enough to make it to TO:NY.  Reports are though that it's a neck injury.  

We'll definitely know more at the next set of tapings in a few weeks.  Til then, let's see this heartwarming reunion from Wednesday:

• Sad 1

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - since someone was asking (possibly Edwin)

It appears that the big name on the Florida loop this weekend is Matt Riddle

And EU, 1-2 and the Street Profits!

Not big names, but those guys are all fun at least.

I'm going to the Orlando show tonight, so I'll post some thoughts later.

Maybe I can sneak a match for you peeps... ?

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin

Went to the NXT show today. It was not good, but Riddick Moss/Stacey Erwin Jr., Chelsea/Deonna Purrazzo and Montez Ford/Danny Burch/Fabian Aichner ruled.

I enjoyed IO/Conti vs Marina/Duke just for the ref confusing Marina and Duke and Duke calling him out on it. But yeah the show was rough. Montez Ford ruled in that main event. At least there was no Bugenhagen.

Pittsburgh show was fun per-the-norm. Gargano/Kassius, Lee/Roddy, Aleister & Ricochet/Fish & O'Reilly, Punishment/Dijak, Reina & Ripley/Candice & Bianca, War Raiders/Forgotten Sons and Velveteen/Cole.

Had an aisle seat and marked out for Rhea's entrance so she walked over and flung her wet hair at me, dousing me. I may or may not have had a Settle Down, Pecknetico as a result. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I'm a little behind on my NXT, but when is that big huge Montez Ford singles push?  That dude is awesome.  Dude can fly, but not in a flippy way.  It's cool.  He's cool.  I'm fine with Angelo being his muscle.  They go good together. 

Also, when is Stacy Ervin Jr. going to be a regular thing.  Holy shit that was the most gorgeous moonsault I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

Well a major NXT reset is clearly coming after the Mania Takeover

It is possible Ervin will start to be on TV more but remember he also has only been wrestling for less than a year

On 3/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The NXT world is revolving around whether or not Ciampa's neck is going to hold up long enough to make it to TO:NY.  Reports are though that it's a neck injury.  

To go with this - and I mentioned it in the Indie thread - Ciampa has been pulled from next week's appearance for Harley Race's fed

The WWE is sending Adam Cole in his place

Guest Edwin

NXT Orlando results:

Humberto Carrillo def. Luke Menzies
Io Shirai & Taynara Conti def. Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir
Babatunde def. Kona Reeves
Cezar Bononi & Adrian Jauode def. Denzel Dejournette & Mohamed Fahim
Kairi Sane def. Aliyah
Riddick Moss def. Stacey Ervin Jr.
Chelsea Green def. Deonna Purrazzo
Three Way Match: Fabian Aichner def. Montez Ford and Danny Burch

That was a rough show to sit through. The show started at 7:30 PM, I arrived at 7:40 PM and missed Carrillo/Menzies and Io & Taynara/Jessmyn & Marina so that should tell you how long those 2 matches went...

As we arrived there was a segment with the Street Profits, the EU and 1-2 which we all thought would lead to a 3 way tag match, but nope, it instead leaded to a Fabian Aichner, Montez Ford and Danny Burch main event with the winner earning his team a tag title match when they returned to Orlando in April.

Babatunde/Kona was exactly what you'd expect it to be, so I don't really have much to say about that...

I'm not a massive fan of Bononi and Jaoude, but they showed a lot more personality here than any other time I had seen them previously. Jaoude was wearing a wig and Bononi was dressed Julius Caesar. They of course used that as a distraction to attack Denzel and Fahim from behind. The match of course was exactly what you would expect it to be also... I had no idea who Denzel or Fahim were and I don't think I've ever seen either of them previously.

Kairi/Aliyah was OK for what it was. Aliyah and Bourne attacked Kairi after the match and Io made the save. So I'm sure this will lead to a Sky Pirates/Aliya & Borne match at the next Orlando show.

Moss/Stacey was entertaining with Stacey using his speed advantage to cut down Moss. Moss looked far better working with someone much smaller than him than he usually does working against guys bigger than him. Stacey is still relatively inexperienced, but locals like him and I think other fans will catch on as he's a smaller cruiserweight that can hit some cool flips and take some brutal bumps.

Green/Purrazzo was far better than it had any right to be. Green isn't that great in the ring, but has a ton of personality and Purrazzo is pretty good in the ring. Purrazzo took a nasty corner shoulder ring post bump like Bret used to take and everyone legit thought she got injured.

Main event was fun, but nothing mindblowing. All 3 guys worked extremely hard and got some neat things including that 3 Stooges let's all hit big strikes spot that seems to occur in multi man matches. Ford hit a Frog Splash on Burch and Aichner got in the ring and pushed out Ford to break the pin and got the pin for EU. So EU will face the War Raiders for the tag titles at the next Orlando live show.

The Street Profits and 1-2 did the Too Cool dance routine I posted before to close out the show and send the fans home happy.

So yeah, that was a rough live event despite it being in front of one of the bigger crowds I'd ever recall seeing at an Orlando live show. I would say there was around 600 - 700 people in attendance easily.

I'm really hoping they begin stepping it up for these Florida loop live events because they keep getting rougher and rougher to sit through, but I doubt it as long as they can continue to draw 400 - 500 crowds.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, RIPPA said:

Well a major NXT reset is clearly coming after the Mania Takeover

It is possible Ervin will start to be on TV more but remember he also has only been wrestling for less than a year

There's also a non-zero chance he was only signed because of who he is dating. I mean, that moonsault really was something and recruiting gymnasts makes a lot of sense in modern wrestling, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if "maybe we get Simone on TV" played a big role in their decision to sign him with zero experience.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, Lawful Metal said:

I'm a little behind on my NXT, but when is that big huge Montez Ford singles push?  That dude is awesome.  Dude can fly, but not in a flippy way.  It's cool.  He's cool.  I'm fine with Angelo being his muscle.  They go good together. 

Also, when is Stacy Ervin Jr. going to be a regular thing.  Holy shit that was the most gorgeous moonsault I've ever seen. 

I've been calling for the Montez Ford singles push for awhile now. Dude is the best. His whole bit with Ohno a couple weeks ago was one of the funniest things I've seen in WWE in a long time.