DVDVR Message Board

Robert Kraft - The Dirty Old Man Thread

ChesterCopperpot

17 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Please don't play at classism regarding sex workers.

I don't think I'm playing classism as much as I'm pointing out the differences in agency.  You can be a cheap prostitute with agency or an expensive prostitute with agency.  It is fairly clear based on all of the reporting so far, that these women did not have the agency to say whether or not they'd like to be prostitutes.  I'm not someone who cares about prostitution as long as both people have the ability to decide that's what they want to do.  These women weren't in the position to make that choice.  These women were held against their will and forced into prostitution upon threat of harm to them or their families.  If he went and picked up a stripper who is willing to sell sex for a little extra cash, that's fine with me, that should be her choice.  My issue isn't that he went cheap, it is that he didn't find someone who actually wants to do sex work.  

• Like 6

I'm sorry @supremebve, I didn't mean to offend you, it was the others in the thread who kept going on about how he could have much more expensive sex workers, as though each one isn't a person unto themselves.  I feel sorry for the women involved in this story because they were given no choice in the matter.  I believe we're coming at this from the same angle.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

His 2 visits were the day before and the morning of the AFC Championship game

So he basically flew into Kansas City about 4 or 5 hours before the game just to get his jerk on for the 2ND day in the row.  I mean what Kansas City has crappy trashy massage parlors?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 6:31 PM, cubbymark said:

I was hoping it would be, "Individual One."

As for Robert Kraft, that's why he praises the Lord for prostitutes...

There is an "Individual One" connection after all. He was partying with the owner of said parlor on Super Bowl Sunday per the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article227186429.html

Former owner, it seems.

The Herald article is careful to mention that the places in question were bought out a while ago, but you can also pick up a distinct whiff of, "These places were always doing this; she just sold a bunch of them, and the new owners probably cut corners and made them sketchier than ever."

• 2 weeks later...

Florida state prosecutors have offered Kraft (and all others arrested in the sting) what is apparently the standard deal for first time offenders in Florida.   The 2 counts of soliciting prostitution will be dropped if:  

1) he admits he was guilty,

2) he pays a $5000 fine for each count,

3) he does 100 hours of community service, and

4) he attends a class on the dangers of prostitution.

His attorneys have made no comment. 

A slight correction: it's not exactly an admission of guilt, but rather an admission that he would've been found guilty. Which, you know, whatever.

I do sincerely wonder if he takes it or if he tries to fight what sure sounds like an open and shut case.

A slight correction: it's not exactly an admission of guilt, but rather an admission that he would've been found guilty. Which, you know, whatever.

I do sincerely wonder if he takes it or if he tries to fight what sure sounds like an open and shut case.

Based on the latest report he's still trying to fight it, but is asking for the video to be repressed, because they didn't have probable cause.  That is one hell of a request.  Just plead guilty, get no punishment, and go home man.  

23 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Robert Kraft has plead not guilty and is requesting a jury trial.  We're going to end up seeing his dick, aren't we?

We? You're on your own. I live by a simple rule of "Can't see an old man's dick if I don't look." Have for several years now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

We? You're on your own. I live by a simple rule of "Can't see an old man's dick if I don't look." Have for several years now. 

I'm on the same plan, but I'm also on Twitter a lot.  It's like one of those catastrophic injuries where someone's foot is on backward, and I try not to see it, but then I'll be scrolling down my timeline and *bam* compound fracture.  I'm never going to go looking for it, but it may come and find me.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, supremebve said:

Well, I guess I'll have to avoid the internet for the rest of my life.

Overnight, a judge has enjoined the release of the video.  So, at least one person is still sane down there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Overnight, a judge has enjoined the release of the video.  So, at least one person is still sane down there.

There's a conversation to be had between this and the Jussie Smollet case where cops are trying to publicly humiliate people outside of the law.  

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

There's a conversation to be had between this and the Jussie Smollet case where cops are trying to publicly humiliate people outside of the law.  

I don't think this is outside the law though. Florida has incredibly robust freedom of information laws. The prosecutors feel they are legally obliged to release the video.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think this is outside the law though. Florida has incredibly robust freedom of information laws. The prosecutors feel they are legally obliged to release the video.

Who is asking for this video?  I suppose someone has, but this hasn't even gone to trial yet.  Are they legally required to share evidence in a pending case with the public?  What about the people who plead guilty and are allowed to walk, are their sex tapes just free for the public too?  Can we just request all the videos from all the prostitution stings over the years?  

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Who is asking for this video?  I suppose someone has, but this hasn't even gone to trial yet.  Are they legally required to share evidence in a pending case with the public?  What about the people who plead guilty and are allowed to walk, are their sex tapes just free for the public too?  Can we just request all the videos from all the prostitution stings over the years?  

Various fortress Florida media outlets have asked for it, and from what I've read, yes, all evidence in a trial is a matter of public record in Florida.

In their motion, lawyers for journalists at the Associated Press, ESPN, Gannett (owner of Treasure Coast Newspapers), GateHouse Media (owner of the Palm Beach Post), McClatchy (owner of the Miami Herald), the New York Times, Orlando Sentinel Communications, the Sun-Sentinel company, and TEGNA (owners of WTSP-TV and WTLV/WJXX) explain the many reasons why the massage parlor videos are public records.