DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NBA: SECOND HALF

Dolfan in NYC

God damn it.  Last night's loss hurts bad for Miami.   Still got games with Minnesota, Toronto, Philly, and Brooklyn.   They need to at least go 3-1 in that stretch to have any kind of shot at getting back in the playoffs.  

C'mon baby.  3 wins for #3.   

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

God damn it.  Last night's loss hurts bad for Miami.   Still got games with Minnesota, Toronto, Philly, and Brooklyn.   They need to at least go 3-1 in that stretch to have any kind of shot at getting back in the playoffs.  

C'mon baby.  3 wins for #3.   

The will beat Philly.  Embiid has been sitting out a bunch and the rest of the guys are mailing it in.

Tough stretch of games if you need to win 3 though. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Giannis put on a show last night, and retook the lead in PER.

Harden puts up 9 50+ games, including 2 60+ games. 

NBA media: meh.

Giannis puts up 45 including 21 FTA.

NBA media: OMG

It's all but over for Miami.  Might as well tank these last two, give Wade (and Haslem) the deserved send off, and earn another ping pong ball for Zion. 

• Sad 1

Ballin' my eyes out. Thanks.

Was so happy to have Wade come home to Chicago for a season. Wish that worked out better. But it was still cool to see him in a Bulls jersey. One of my favorites ever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

He is still, and will forever be, Dirk Nowitzki. My basketball fandom won't be the same without him. I can't put into words what he meant to me as a personal hero of mine.

Growing up in the 13-69 Dick Motta years, I can say I never thought the little Mavs would ever hoist the trophy. 

Dirk was and is the man.

Harden’s missed free throw and missed game winner feels like that’s going to cost him the MVP. 

Which is horseshit.

Rox potentially fall to #4. Theoretically, if Denver loses tomorrow and blazers win tonight and tomorrow, Rockets could still end up at 2 in a 3 way tiebreaker. We’ll see. 

Does anyone believe in Denver as a 2 seed in the playoffs?

44 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Harden’s missed free throw and missed game winner feels like that’s going to cost him the MVP. 

Which is horseshit.

Rox potentially fall to #4. Theoretically, if Denver loses tomorrow and blazers win tonight and tomorrow, Rockets could still end up at 2 in a 3 way tiebreaker. We’ll see. 

Does anyone believe in Denver as a 2 seed in the playoffs?

Denver in the playoffs has always looked shaky because they don't have that guy to get baskets down the stretch. Basically, nobody is going to believe in them until they get the job done.

That said, they have absolutely made that roster work, and Jokic is probably the best passing true center ever. So that's something.