DVDVR Message Board

NXT SPOILERS - 2/20 Taping Results

RIPPA

I am going to keep the format where the TV threads will be spoiler free so here is one giant block from the tapings

Spoiler tags just used due to text size. You don't have to spoiler tag things in here.

Per PWI

Spoiler

Here are full results from NXT TV at Full Sail Live on February 20, 2019

Dark match: War Raiders def. Chico Adams and Vandal Ortegon

As always, these segments are subject to airing in different orders or not airing entirely. For the record, I'm especially unsure about what will air in week 3.

Week 1

- Johnny Gargano says he's showing the WWE Universe what NXT is all about by debuting on Raw and SmackDown, but also by fighting one of his toughest opponents in Velveteen Dream. He says he failed his first test as champion. He says he still feels like a champion, but the harsh reality is that he doesn't have a championship. Johnny comes to a realization, but Tomasso Ciampa interrupts him before Johnny can speak. Ciampa says Johnny is at his best when Ciampa is in his life. Ciampa says it took Johnny a year and a half to realize they need each other. Ciampa wants to team with Johnny in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic. Ciampa says that's where the magic all started. Johnny reluctantly accepts the offer. 

- Vanessa Borne and Aliyah def. Xia Li and Taynara Conti

- Dominik Dijakovic and Keith Lee fought to a double count out

- Shayna Baszler def. Mia Yim

Week 2

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Aleister Black and Ricochet def. Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Forgotten Sons def. Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch

- Velveteen Dream stands on top of the announce table to remind everyone he's the North American champion. Matt Riddle comes out to congratulate him on the win. Riddle wonders what the belt would look like around his waist. Dream says the spotlight belongs to him, snaps his fingers, and the lights go out with a spotlight only on Dream.

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: Moustache Mountain def. Street Profits

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: DIY def. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly)

Week 3

- Luke Menzies def. Eric Bugenhagen (possible dark match)

- Sasha Banks and Bayley come out to a huge ovation. They talk about how their road to the Women's Tag Team Championship started in NXT. They want the titles to be the most sought after in the company. The next time they come to NXT, they may just be defending the titles. 

- Adam Cole def. Punishment Martinez. Pat McAfee joined the commentary team. 

Post match: Adam Cole is frustrated that he still can't get a one on one rematch for his North American title. He calls Velveteen Dream the biggest moron of all. Dream comes out, teases that he's gonna speak, but slaps Cole instead. They brawls, but Punishment Martinez comes in to help Dream. They both lay Cole out. 

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic (Semi-Finals): Forgotten Sons def. Moustache Mountain

- Number 1 Contenders Match: Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai ends in a no contest after Shayna Baszler attacks both of them. Kairi Sane attempts a save, but is also laid out. 

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic (Semi Finals): Aleister Black and Ricochet def. #DIY

Post match: Candice LeRae comes out to check on Gargano who "injured" his knee during the match. Ciampa and LeRae help Gargano up the ramp. Johnny collapses at the top of the ramp. Ciampa helps him up, but goes to throw Gargano into the LED board. Johnny stops him and shows he's been taking the injury. Gargano tosses Ciampa into the board and hits a couple of super kicks on a prone Ciampa. Gargano takes the NXT championship and poses with it. 

Notes: 

- The finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic will take place at the next taping. The winner will get a title shot at Takeover: New York

- Aleister Black's entrance was changed. He longer was using the board that lifted him off the ground. He now walks up a set of stairs through a hole in the stage. 

Per WON

Spoiler

Pre-show --
- It was announced that the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic is returning. The winning team will get an NXT Tag Team title shot at TakeOver: New York on the Friday of WrestleMania week. There will be another set of NXT tapings on Wednesday, March 13 leading into TakeOver.

- NXT Tag Team Champions War Raiders defeated Chico Adams & Vandal Ortagun

NXT TV tapings

- Johnny Gargano opened the tapings with an in-ring promo. They recapped him losing the North American title to Velveteen Dream, and Gargano talked about failing yet again.

Tommaso Ciampa interrupted and wanted to team with Gargano in the Dusty Classic so TakeOver: New York can be “their moment” again. Gargano shook Ciampa's hand.

- Vanessa Borne & Aliyah defeated Xia Li & Taynara Conti

Borne assisted Aliyah to hit a neckbreaker.

- Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic ended in a double countout

Great action here. The fans chanted to restart the match, but that didn't happen.

- NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler defeated Mia Yim

Good, hard-fought matchup with Baszler working the leg of Yim before eventually getting the submission.

- Aleister Black & Ricochet defeated Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

Excellent match -- the crowd was going wild for everything these four did. The Black Mass on Aichner got Black & Ricochet the win.

- The Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler) w/ Jaxson Ryker defeated Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

The Forgotten Sons took the advantage late and were able to put down Lorcan to advance in the tournament.

- Velveteen Dream made his way to the commentary desk to talk about winning the North American Championship. He was interrupted by Matt Riddle, with Riddle wanting the first shot at the title.

Dream made the spotlight show only him to end the segment.

- Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) defeated The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match

Another good matchup in the tournament. Bate and Seven survived the frog splash and hit a rack-assisted flying knee off the top to win.

- NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano defeated Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly

DIY used their individual entrance songs first and then the team’s song after making it to the stage. They worked together as a team the entire way and didn't miss a beat.

This was an excellent match -- the best of the first round. The running knee and kick combo won it for DIY. War Raiders then came out to the stage and had a staredown with Ciampa & Gargano.

- Luke Menzies defeated Eric Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen, who is a Full Sail favorite, got a big pop. The crowd loved his post-match air guitar encore.

- WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks & Bayley returned to Full Sail for an in-ring segment. They reiterated that they'll be defending their titles on Raw, SmackDown, and NXT and put everyone else on notice.

The crowd was electric for this. Great moment.

- Adam Cole defeated Punishment Martinez

Martinez's leg gave out late in the match before Cole was able to put him down. Cole then called Velveteen Dream a moron and said he wants his North American title rematch soon.

Dream made his way to the ring and slapped Cole. They brawled, with Martinez getting back in the ring to help lay out Cole before Dream gave Cole a Purple Rainmaker elbow drop.

- The Forgotten Sons defeated Moustache Mountain in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic semifinal match

The crowd was not expecting this finish.

- Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai in a number one contender's match ended in a double DQ

Baszler got involved and attacked both for the finish. Kairi Sane tried to make the save and was choked out by Baszler. Baszler stood tall over all three as the crowd chanted “boring.”

- Aleister Black & Ricochet defeated NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic semifinal match

Black and Ricochet advanced to the finals to face The Forgotten Sons. Another great match in this tournament with Ricochet hitting the 630 on Ciampa for the pin.

As DIY made their way up the ramp in defeat, Candice LeRae met them up there. Ciampa tried to throw Gargano into the LED board, but he was reversed and Gargano got the best of him.

Gargano destroyed Ciampa on the stage, then even held up the NXT Championship, giving it a kiss and laying it on Ciampa to close the show.

Assuming (hoping) we get Banks & Bayley vs Sky Pirates, what would be the appropriate venue? Nxt tv would feel too “small time” for this match imo. Takeover would be good, but if they stick with a five match format Bayley and Banks would be “taking someone’s spot” right? Raw is frightening because the crowd could shit on the match. Evolution would be perfect but that’s presumably happening in October. Wrestlemania would be great but would Vince want other main roster women featured? I guess the solution could be wrestlemania and they get called up to the main roster, but then it wouldn’t be the tag titles being defended elsewhere.

I don’t know, I’m just excited about this match happening.

Unbelievable set of tapings. Watch every single one of these episodes. Every Dusty Rhodes Classic match delivered. EU/Ricochet+Black was incredible. I lost my voice. EU are the most underrated tag team in the world.

That Velveteen/Riddle segment was great too.

Forgotten Sons getting the finals is an interesting choice. It makes sense if they want the War Raiders tot take on fresh heels, but I so would have preferred EU in the spot.

Starting to wonder if Shayna defends in a triple threat. I was really hoping we would get Io vs. Shayna.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Starting to wonder if Shayna defends in a triple threat. I was really hoping we would get Io vs. Shayna.

No, it's going to  be a 4 way if anything. Shayna choked out Bianca, Io and Kairi when she ran out to make the save.

The Sasha/Bayley return was insane. It's been years since I've heard Full Sail be that loud. The crowd was hot all night actually. I'm guessing the first women's tag title defense will be vs Marina/Duke cause they have to do one on NXT tv before getting to the Sky Pirates takeover match. I agree with Edwin about this being a great taping. Eu vs Alister and Ricochet was incredible. Eu is so good, especially Fabian. Dug the DIY stuff even though I'm not a big fan of the feud. Hope they realized how big of a mistake it was to turn Gargano heel. Also the Bugenhagen hype is real. I don't get it but the guy is over huge.

• Like 1

Question for those who were there, knowing Ciampa is now injured and possibly can't make it to Takeover, could the Gargano segment after their elimination be cut to make *Gargano* look like the aggressor?  

Just a theory I'm thinking of.   

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Question for those who were there, knowing Ciampa is now injured and possibly can't make it to Takeover, could the Gargano segment after their elimination be cut to make *Gargano* look like the aggressor?  

That could work out quite nicely.  Johnny's been flirting with the dark side a lot but never fully committed to teaming with Ciampa.  And I love the idea that Ciampa drove Johnny so mad that he inadvertently sent him too far off the deep end and paid for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That could work out quite nicely.  Johnny's been flirting with the dark side a lot but never fully committed to teaming with Ciampa.  And I love the idea that Ciampa drove Johnny so mad that he inadvertently sent him too far off the deep end and paid for it.

Like at NXT TakeOver: Chicago II and NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Given the heroic reaction Gargano got when he rammed Ciampa's head into the screen and then ran to the ring to grab the title and his celebration with Candace, no unless they heavily edit the crowd.

Yeah I don't think they need to make Gargano the heel in that scenario.

So whether they knew it was coming or not - they got lucky by having an out