DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

This is a feud that’s been right there for them for a while. I think they were gonna run with it last year when one or the other dude got hurt (can’t remember).

Anyway the inevitable Joe promo about being boys in UPW while Cena went Hollywood and Joe took the hard road will be incredible. Cena’s shooty mcshootshoot stuff about “Orlando” notsomuch.

Horrendous WWE booking aside, all the elements have already been seeded in. Now they just have to let it play out. 

What a body of work Daniel Bryan has put on inside the ring and cutting promos since turning heel in November 2018:

vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series 2018. A match we didn't think we'd ever see.

vs. AJ Styles at TLC  2018 (*****)

The Gauntlet match on the go home show to the Elimination Chamber 2019 event.

vs. Kofi Kingston vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton inside the Elimination Chamber at the Elimination Chamber PPV. Still my worldwide MOTY.

vs. Kevin Owens vs. Mustafa Ali from Fastlane last night.

The promos particularly on the show going into TLC, the concession stands on Smackdown Live and introducing the new eco friendly WWE Championship also on Smackdown Live.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

I'll pass on Joe/Cena. I don't need to hear how they used to freestyle against each other when they were breaking in, but then Cena made to the big time while Joe had to wrestle in bingo halls and rec centers. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll pass on Joe/Cena. I don't need to hear how they used to freestyle against each other when they were breaking in, but then Cena made to the big time while Joe had to wrestle in bingo halls and rec centers. 

That sounds like it would be an awesome promo, and I'd like Joe to cut it.

3 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

If it is Nattie/Beth vs. Tamina/Nia at Mania that match will be a car crash that you can't look away from. 

Whenever Bayley and Sasha do finally have their feud I hope Bayley brings up it took her winning the match for Sasha to finally have a successful title defense on the Main Roster. 

If I had more faith in WWE's capacity for long-range/subtlety in booking, I'd feel really good about the last month or so of foundation work for an "Is Bayley Carrying The Team?" angle leading to the eventual split [either Sasha getting tired of hearing about it or Bayley tiring of doing the carrying].  Bayley basically winning matches solo for a while when Sasha was hurt the last couple weeks, Bayley beating Nia while Sasha lost to Tamina [?!?!?] in singles matches.  Stuff like that.  Follow that up with a consistent pattern of Sasha in the Ricky Morton roll with Bayley getting the hot tag & the winning fall in their successful defenses, while the broadcasters start to point it out without beating it into the ground, and....

But, you know.  If, and all that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

McMiz vs. Usos was solid. Shane turning heel in the angle felt wrong but whatever I guess.

Really? I've been expecting it literally since the first time Miz asked Shane to team with him.

27 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

If I had more faith in WWE's capacity for long-range/subtlety in booking, I'd feel really good about the last month or so of foundation work for an "Is Bayley Carrying The Team?" angle leading to the eventual split [either Sasha getting tired of hearing about it or Bayley tiring of doing the carrying].  Bayley basically winning matches solo for a while when Sasha was hurt the last couple weeks, Bayley beating Nia while Sasha lost to Tamina [?!?!?] in singles matches.  Stuff like that.  Follow that up with a consistent pattern of Sasha in the Ricky Morton roll with Bayley getting the hot tag & the winning fall in their successful defenses, while the broadcasters start to point it out without beating it into the ground, and....

But, you know.  If, and all that.

I'd love to see a redux of the Bulldog/Owen feud of 97, them finally having a match, only for Charlotte or Becky to come out and get them to reconcile.

17 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Really? I've been expecting it literally since the first time Miz asked Shane to team with him.

Curious to see what their plans are for Miz past this feud. I hope Miz/Bryan being re-done is the goal for Summerslam with the title, but is Miz over enough as a face? Is it worth Kofi dropping the title back to Bryan a month later or so?

• Like 2

While the women’s tag match wasn’t all that good, I dug the post match and am here for the return of the Divas of Doom. This is probably leading to a triple threat or four way tag at Mania.

Charlotte is such a great heel that it’s even more amazing that they wasted her for months as a face. I’m one of the few that doesn’t mind a triple threat at Mania. I’m sure it will be fantastic. 

• Like 1

Also good if you want to see everyone hate Sam Roberts.  Billie Kay was just brutal to him and it was awesome even if her accent is so strong you can't understand a damn thing she is saying

By the way we can talk about how awful Nia is in the ring but Tamina almost killed her own partner by whatever she was doing to the ropes as Nia was about to splash Beth.  She has been around for almost 8 years and she may be worse than Enzo Amore in the ring

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I would love to hear a little more about why The Rock isn't black enough to be a black world champion and the specifics about how he "clearly identifies as Samoan."

I'd assume the best answer to that:

...we just want an excuse to keep complaining that Triple H was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MEAN at Wrestlemania 19 when he didn't lay down for Booker T, okay? (Never mind that match was also for the Big Gold Belt, and Booker T eventually won it anyway...)

• Like 1

I would love to hear a little more about why The Rock isn't black enough to be a black world champion and the specifics about how he "clearly identifies as Samoan."

Absolutely the fuck not.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eivion said:

Felt more like a multi-team set up. I wouldn't be shocked if the IIconics bully their way in pissed at Bayley and Sasha fir not coming to SDL to accept their challenge.

When she was talking about being in Rousey’s head, I half-expected her to say “She doesn’t even know what’s real and what’s not anymore” and it would have salvaged Rousey’s comments for me.

I had this debate on Twitter last week, and the argument boiled down to Rock not sufficiently portraying himself as a black man while champion or in his acting roles. There was a similar backlash when he announced he was going to star in a movie about John Henry.

I was more upset about the “there’s never been a black champ in WWE” argument slandering Mark Henry’s reign.