DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Bit late to the party, but can anybody explain how the Charlotte-Becky match makes any narrative sense?

I'm not in the "Becky's Wrestlemania win absolutely must be one-on-one" camp, but if Becky has already beaten Charlotte to get to the match, what's the point of Charlotte being in the match? Shouldn't Becky have to beat Nia Jax or someone in order to get her shot back?

16 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The WWECW title got you consistently good main events between guys who wouldn't get the time on the A or B shows. The WWECW title was great. It was like the NXT belt before NXT. 

What the heck closes this show? Between Bryan-Owens, the Shield reunion, and Charlotte-Becky round 793, you've got a few options. 

I just hope they put the Revival on first and we get them in a hot opening match instead of filler later in the night.

Shield match as the main event. Roman Reigns first match back after kicking leukaemia's ass and may be the last time the three team up. Send the people home happy.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Bit late to the party, but can anybody explain how the Charlotte-Becky match makes any narrative sense?

I'm not in the "Becky's Wrestlemania win absolutely must be one-on-one" camp, but if Becky has already beaten Charlotte to get to the match, what's the point of Charlotte being in the match? Shouldn't Becky have to beat Nia Jax or someone in order to get her shot back?

WWE making a mess out of the bloody obvious. No need to add unnecessary shit. Case in point:

D1I-9ZkUcAAWsiD?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by The Natural

Yeah but between Raw and PPVs, there's something like 37 hours of TV to fill between the Rumble and Mania. Throw in Smackdown and Pre-shows, and it's up to two solid days. I don't know that it's possible to space out a sensible build to a singles match with that much time for stupid shit to happen screen time to fill.

25 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

Yeah but between Raw and PPVs, there's something like 37 hours of TV to fill between the Rumble and Mania. Throw in Smackdown and Pre-shows, and it's up to two solid days. I don't know that it's possible to space out a sensible build to a singles match with that much time for stupid shit to happen screen time to fill.

Training montages! Pure sports build.

• Like 1

Bryan vs. Owens vs. Ali had the hard task of getting the crowd back on their side with the crowd wanting Kofi. Reminded me of the crowd sitting on the 2014 Royal Rumble match when Bryan wasn't the 30th entrant and the 2015 Royal Rumble when he was eliminated early.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

give Ali,  Bryan and Owens a TON of credit.  They were in an impossible spot tonight and were nearly hijacked. They turned that crowd around and put on a great fucking match.  Ali is a special babyface...   I hope he continues this run.  

That Shield match was way better than I was expecting. It's amazing what can happen and how the crowd reacts when they book babyfaces like fuckin killers. 

• Like 7