DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're a great pairing. I hope Fire & Desirel are never broken up. Now, that they have a team name, they need matching gear; something with flames like Harlem Heat's gear.

Take inspiration from the late, great Sherri Martel:

file_187759_1_harlem-heat.jpg

Entrance.jpg

• Thanks 2

From F4W

The Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio is advertising Reigns & Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre & Bobby Lashley in a two-on-three handicap match for Fastlane. The pay-per-view is taking place at the Quicken Loans Arena on March 10.

Took awhile of racking my brain to figure it out without looking it up, but I believe this is the full card for Sunday, right? This is why a show between the Chamber and Mania is a bad idea. Can't throw away any big matches because Mania is right around the corner. No real time to build the matches because it's only been 3 weeks since the last show and it's only a month until Mania. So you end up with a card like this where several big names aren't on the show and everything is hastily thrown together. 

Bryan v Owens - WWE Title

Asuka v Mandy - SDL Women's Title

Usos v Miz/Shane - SDL Tag Titles

Revival v Black/Ricochet v Glorious - RAW Tag Titles

Bayley/Sasha v Tamina/Nia - Women's Tag Titles

Shield v McIntyre/Corbin/Lashley

Becky v Charlotte

Rey v Andrade - Preshow

The card actually doesn't look that bad. All of the singles matches should be good save Asuka/Mandy. The tag titles matches also have potential to be solid with Raw's triple threat likely to be good. Even Shield vs. Corbin/Drew/Lashley will probably be decent at worst. The card just had shitty building. We could blame the lack of time, but lets be honest, they just did a shitty job. Only Owens/Bryan really got screwed for time and that was because it was switched from its original position as a WM match. Most everything else either suffered from half ass build (Rey/Almas, Asuka/Mandy) or weird mental gymnastics like Charlotte/Becky.

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

What's the latest on Ambrose? If he's actually leaving, he should snap on Reigns post-match because tying that off is way better than Reigns-Corbin at Mania.

The current reporting is that he's still gone when his contract expires in late April.

My favorite bit of Payback build:

• Like 7

WWE Watch Along to debut during WWE Fastlane on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

This Sunday, you’re invited to the ultimate WWE Fastlane party. WWE Superstars and Legends will join host Pat McAfee to watch WWE Fastlane backstage at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, and you can watch with them live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

Guests who will be popping in and out of this special WWE Watch Along livestream include Alexa Bliss, The New Day, Mustafa Ali, The IIconics, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Christian and Cathy Kelley. And that’s just the names we know so far. There’s no telling who might crash this party.

You’ll hear candid commentary from our guests, get live reactions from the Superstars after some of the night’s biggest matches, and might even have the opportunity to throw out some questions and commentary of your own.

You won’t want to miss WWE Watch Along, so tune in to WWE Fastlane, streaming live on Sunday, March 10, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network, and watch along with the Superstars on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

On paper, it's really not a bad card, outside of Black and Ricochet feeling like a third wheel in that tag team title match. I think it's way too soon for both of them to be in that spot, and I don't like either of them as a team. It's just another odd makeshift team pairing between two singles guys from NXT. It makes no sense. 

I imagine a Samoa Joe vs. R-Truth match will get put on the pre-show at the last minute. That's just a prediction.

Also whatever happened to Jinder Mahal? This is like how WCW just completely abandoned Ron Killings after his title run and just demoted him to the midcard scene.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Matt D said:

What's the latest on Ambrose? If he's actually leaving, he should snap on Reigns post-match because tying that off is way better than Reigns-Corbin at Mania.

They messed up the booking already.

Ambrose should still be 'umming' and 'ahhing' about joining up with Reigns and Rollins.

Fastlane is Reigns/Rollins v MacIntyre/Corbin

Heels go over with a Lashley run in. Lashley loses to Balor later on to keep the crowd happy.

Balor offers to help and says that "The Shield is welcome into the Balor Club anytime". Shield boys refuse to take a back seat. Strowman refuses to help because he hates Roman more than he hates Corbin.

Then the heels have the edge for a week or two of beatdowns before Ambrose hits the fist bump the week before Mania to set up the 6 man.

15 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

On paper, it's really not a bad card, outside of Black and Ricochet feeling like a third wheel in that tag team title match. I think it's way too soon for both of them to be in that spot, and I don't like either of them as a team. It's just another odd makeshift team pairing between two singles guys from NXT. It makes no sense. 

I assume the original idea before Chiampa got hurt was to do Revival vs DIY vs Blacochet - which would have made a lot more sense and neither NXT team would have felt like a 3rd wheel.  

I actually like the card.  Give me some variety like this as opposed to running the same card 3 months in a row with different stipulations tacked on.  

Edited by CSC
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Yeesh. So in one year, Nakamura's gone from winning the Royal Rumble and facing AJ Styles at WrestleMania to basically being the WWEs new Kenzo Suzuki. 

Okada, really think hard before you think about possibly going to WWE someday.

20 hours ago, Casey said:

Did you forget that Rollins is facing Lesnar at 'Mania? Unless he pulls double duty, I don't think a SHIELD six man at 'Mania would be feasible.

Honestly, yes I did.

I don’t care about the lowest ranked title on RAW. It’s not even at the level of the WWECW title.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

It’s not even at the level of the WWECW title.

The WWECW title got you consistently good main events between guys who wouldn't get the time on the A or B shows. The WWECW title was great. It was like the NXT belt before NXT. 

What the heck closes this show? Between Bryan-Owens, the Shield reunion, and Charlotte-Becky round 793, you've got a few options. 

I just hope they put the Revival on first and we get them in a hot opening match instead of filler later in the night.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 2