DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane V - 3/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Card is in 3 weeks!  Oh boy, let's fill this card out quick.

Announced:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Kofi Kingston  Kevin Owens

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Usos (c) vs. Miz/Shane

FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Boss Hug Connection (c) vs. Nia Jax/Tamina

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Asuka (c) vs. Mandy Rose

FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP (if Lynch wins, WM35 will be a Triple Threat) - Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch

TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Revival (c) vs. Roode/Gable vs. Ricochet/Black

The Shield vs. Baron Corbin/Bobby Lashley/Drew McIntyre

Andrade vs. Rey Mysterio

The New Day vs. Rusev/Shinsuke Nakamura

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

After watching Ricochet and FInn vs Lashley and Rush I was thinking what if they tie all of that Raw mid card stuff together and run Braun, Kurt, Fin and Ricochet vs Corbin, Drew, Lashley and Rush?

A rare WAR 8-man Tag? I'm in.

5 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

Not likely if they go Boss & Hug vs Semi Somalian Slaughterhouse for the Tag Titles.

That's what I was thinking at first, but is that a match anyone really wants to see right away?  We've seen a combination of the four wrestlers against each other for months now.  If they're really serious about making the women's tag titles cross branded, IMO they should have Boss & Hug defend against a Smackdown team, even if it's the Iiconics assuming they're having Asuka defend against Mandy Rose.

1 hour ago, muhammedboehm said:

Not likely if they go Boss & Hug vs Semi Somalian Slaughterhouse for the Tag Titles.

Nia and Tamina as Somali pirates would be the best way to repackage them. It won't change how dangerous and shitty they are in the ring, but watching them trying to pull off the gimmick would be a fun trainwreck.

• Haha 3

I like Huggo Boss vs The IIconics.  The former need an emphatic win to start the reign off right and the latter are hilarious when wigging out after a loss & taking their frustration out on the backstage interviewer.

(and if/when they're ready to reignite the dissention between Bayley & Sasha plotthread The IIconics would make wonderful instigators/shit-stirrers on that front.  "If we can't beat them in the ring we'll break them up and get 'em that way" etc.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They could take the all brands thing seriously and run them against the Sky Pirates.

I would so be all in on this at Takeover:New York, but I bet you are right and they won't double book them WrestleMania weekend. If I'm a betting man, we get Rose and Deville at Fastlane.

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Mandy Rose versus Asuka for the SD Women's Title is official.

This should be a squash. Mandy has improved a lot since she was first called up, but she shouldn't be presented as being anywhere close to Asuka's level. Her victory over Asuka was a fluke and should be acknowledged as such during the title match.

I would have rather seen Boss 'N Hug vs. Fire & Desire rather than the Samoan Shithouse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This should be a squash. Mandy has improved a lot since she was first called up, but she shouldn't be presented as being anywhere close to Asuka's level. Her victory over Asuka was a fluke and should be acknowledged as such during the title match.

I would have rather seen Boss 'N Hug vs. Fire & Desire rather than the Samoan Shithouse.

Second all this.

• Like 1