DVDVR Message Board

Raw is NXT - 2/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

There does seem to be a competent of no one being prepared for Vince being old and starting to have his meltdown

Dave had another blurb that was how there is basically no semblance of a Mania card which for this late in the game, Dave can't recall ever happening before

• Like 1

Yeah, outside of Seth-Brock and maybe Ronda-Becky they sound like nothing is planned yet.  Which is usually the sign a very bad Mania is coming.  

A thing I take heart in, is the piece that's buried in Dave's ramblings that they see Ruby as a very good hand, which in my opinion lends itself very well to her future in a post-Ronda world. 

--

Also, I can't believe I'm calling it now, but Ronda's going over at Mania. I'm betting a shiny Dolfan makes Rippa Review A Show He'll Hate $20 on it. 

This was the exact blurb - which against shows you how they think about Mania

Everything is still changing. Very little of Mania this year is finalized, which is unprecedented for this late in the game. Cena doesn't even have an opponent yet. When Lars Sullivan fell through, they credited Drew McIntyre with taking Cena out of the Rumble match, but then never followed through on that. Situations with Undertaker and Batista as far as their status on the show is unclear, as is the case with Kurt Angle and the idea of a retirement match.

I read that and think the usual "Yeah they could give a fuck about most of the regular rosters and titles and think they can just throw it all together in a month"

At this point, Mania sells Mania and they could trot out whatever they want and it'll sell.  Any way you do it, the crowd is gonna be burnt out by the end of the night and there hasn't been a real GOOD Mania in a while, yet they still sell it out.  Until people stop buying, they can literally put the card together in a week and it'll still sell out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, I can't believe I'm calling it now, but Ronda's going over at Mania. I'm betting a shiny Dolfan makes Rippa Review A Show He'll Hate $20 on it. 

I think I said it a month ago or more, but I said something to the effect of don't be surprised when Mania ends with Brock and Ronda both still champions.

Bryan's response was that would then finally be 2000 WCW levels of badness.

I trust that Vince and creative can fuck this up. A perfect outcome for WM is way too easy to book this year and whenever that happens, lately anyway, they royally fuck it up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, outside of Seth-Brock and maybe Ronda-Becky they sound like nothing is planned yet.  Which is usually the sign a very bad Mania is coming.  

A thing I take heart in, is the piece that's buried in Dave's ramblings that they see Ruby as a very good hand, which in my opinion lends itself very well to her future in a post-Ronda world. 

--

They only have one match and it's Seth-Brock.

I remember the year when everyone got injured and how messed up that was. 

This is somehow worse. 

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

Hunter's spent his entire career being too smart/savvy to end up in situations like this. So I guess it's kind of amusing if nothing else.

My guess is that hunter knew and didn't like it but Vince makes the call and then hunter told them get ready you've been called.

I kinda like that things for Mania are so up in the air. It makes a change from knowing you've got this Taker match you're gonna have to suffer through, that Hunter match that's gonna make you feel nauseous.

I feel like instead of being on a death march to my inevitable doom, I'm on a bit of a country ramble where someone has brought sandwiches and it might not be sandwiches I actually like but it was nice of them to make the effort, and ooh, is it going to rain? Because I didn't bring an umbrella, but there's some nice scenery over there. 'We're getting a bit close to the edge of that cliff'. 'Just enjoying being outside in the sunshine.'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

They don't plan out wrestlemania anymore now that Roman is gone. But there should be less booing now that Roman is gone. Might even be a safe wrestlmania where even Becky wins (making Charlotte tap). But Rollins lose.

55 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I wouldn't be so sure about these predictions.  I think Triple H will work a match.  I don't mind him wrestling it just depends on the opponent and how long they want to drag it out. 

The person I'd want to see HHH have a WM match with is Vince. Let Hunter take all his frustration out on the old man for fucking up most of nxt's call-up's.

• Like 4

I don’t know about you guys, but imma start a “You still got it” chant for Vince.

In a big rebound from recent weeks, Monday's Raw scored the show's biggest TV audience since before the start of the most recent NFL season. 

Buoyed by a first hour that broke three million viewers for the first time since last August, Raw had an average audience of 2.771 million viewers, the largest total since September 3, 2018.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I don’t know about you guys, but imma start a “You still got it” chant for Vince.

You conveniently left out the gigantic drop in viewership throughout the show.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, Overly Critical Man said:

Has there ever been a "You never had it" or a "You have lost it" chant? I know there has been at least one "This is awful". We need more chant reversals.