DVDVR Message Board

Raw is NXT - 2/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

This would have been a brutal show without #DIY, Ricochet, and Black. While I enjoyed them being on the show and they were the only reason I watched, I wish something would be done with EC3, Heavy Machinery, Lacey Evans, and Nikki Cross. They've been given absolutely nothing.

It was nice to see Ruby Riott get some shine back after last night. I'd have the Riott Squad show up on Smackdown and attack Asuka to set up Asuka vs. Ruby. WWE creative isn't going to come up with anything better. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peck said:

Interesting Tweet/topic-of-discussion. Thoughts?

Pretty much. None of the matches were bad but those debuts (if they were actually debuts and not just one-offs) were completely heatless. They still aren't doing much of anything with Heavy Machinery, Lacy, EC3, and Nikki but at least they got a couple weeks worth of previews to at least hype up their characters a bit. 

I said on PWO board that it felt like the ECW invasion of RAW in 1997.  Just something to put on to fill some time while they actually figure out what most of Wrestlemania should be.  And if it helps the other brand that's just extra gravy.   Although even that got more buildup than tonight

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ricochet, DIY, and Black all tried their fucking best, but the worst crowd in maybe a decade was having none of it.  

Fuck them. 

Cole's shitty commentary didn't help either.  I enjoyed the DIY/Revival match and then...oh it was non-title?  RAW can go fuck itself. 

Oh and they make Ricochet CUT A PROMO?  "I'm from Kentucky. I'm just some dude."  FUCK YOU Vince.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Also, please never let Bayley and Sasha cut promos alone in the middle of the ring ever again. 

Nia and Tamina should never be allowed to speak again, period. They took a small pile of dog shit, backed up a dump truck full of elephant shit, and added it to the pile. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nia and Tamina should never be allowed to speak again, period. They took a small pile dog shit, backed up a dump truck full of elephant shit, and added it to the pile. 

That entire segment was like the 9th circle of Hell of bad promos. At least with other bad promos, there's something so awful you can laugh at it. That was just like...entropy.

• Like 2

Gotta assume it's a one-off as the DIY story is still headed towards its Lord of the Ring-esque (in scope and length) conclusion though honestly there is no reason guys shouldn't be shuffled in and out of these brands. At this point there's no reason to have church and state separation between the NXT brands and the main roster. Have guys do both as needed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

MORELOCK should be happy. They let Black debut with his awesome entrance.

And then struggle mightily against Elias’ dreaded chinlock.

Elias should have walked into a Black Mass, that's it. Black shouldn't have had a competitive match with the guy that just struggled to beat Jeff Jarrett.