DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling: Against All Odds Spoilers for 3/29/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Su Yung def. Alisha Edwards via mandible claw submission

Impact Wrestling: Against All Odds - Airing March 29, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Konnan and LAX come to the ring with a message for the Lucha Bros. Konnan says they are both his family and he's tired of the disrespect that has come since they started feuding so they need to settle this. The Lucha Bros come out and get in a pull apart brawl with LAX. They get into it with chairs and it ends with LAX putting the Lucha Bros through tables. LAX stand tall over the Lucha Bros with the tag titles.

*Scarlett Bordeaux def. Glenn Gilbertti with a powerbomb out of the corner.

*Tessa Blanchard comes out for a promo and calls out Gail Kim. Tessa demands that Gail apologizes for the suspension and costing her the title so she does. Tessa then pushes Gail to quit and Gail says she is resigning. Tessa says she's been main eventing Impact while Gail was making a fool of herself in bra & panties matches and that Gail could never compete with her. Gail announces that she put in her resignation so that she could return as a wrestler. Gail declares she's coming back to kick Tessa's ass as she attacks her around ringside until Tessa escapes.

*Jordynne Grace def. Taya Valkyrie(c) via countout. After the match, Johnny Impact came out to help Taya to the back but Brian Cage arrived and chased Johnny around the ring until Killer Kross attacked Cage leading into the main event..

*Killer Kross def. Brian Cage after Taya Valkyrie interfered and low blowed Cage. After the match, Johnny Impact attacks Cage and smashes his arm in a steel chair.

Edited by DreamBroken

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The whole angle is basically for her to come out of retirement to face Tessa

No one wants to see that now that there are at least four or five women you could rotate through the title scene.

57 minutes ago, J.T. said:

No one wants to see that now that there are at least four or five women you could rotate through the title scene.

Then you are going to be disappointed with the next PPV's card

EDIT: Plus Tessa's not champ anymore so I am not sure why that would be a factor in the Tessa/Gail angle

• DreamBroken changed the title to Impact Wrestling: Against All Odds Spoilers for 3/29/19
  • 3 weeks later...

The Gail Kim unretirement angle came right after Madison Rayne's return video. Which actually, if they want to argue that it proves that the Knockouts division is the place to be, having two division legends return at the same time works out pretty well.

LAX vs Lucha Brothers in a FMM (TLCC) match? They usually take ungodly amount of punishment when they wrestle unstipulated, I dread to think what they'll do with Ladders and that.

The actual Main Event was the Undead Realm stuff. As soon as I saw Keira Hogan had sneaked her way in, I thought they were going to do a thing where she got stuck and took over the brainwashed heel spot, but they didn't, Instead they just wrote Allie out by having her sacrifice herself for Rosemary. Oh, and the King of the Undead Realm was Kevin Sullivan.

Killer Kross, he's like Randy Orton, only if Randy Orton was both motivated and good. And was willing to attempt power moves on people of his own weight. He's definitely a better psycho than Orton though. I knew Jordynne Grace wasn't winning the title because it makes no sense to take it off Taya at this point, and I figured for a screwy finish, but I thought they'd job her out by screwjob, not have her win by countout. It's an odd thing, the Knockouts division doesn't have the strength in depth that WWE's women's divisions do, it's a much smaller roster, but it feels deeper because everyone they have is doing something, and none of them have had any devastating, credibility erasing losses. Whilst WWE has sacrificed it's entire women's division outside of a few headliners, and now hardly any of the women there seem to have any value at all.

• Like 4

Really liked the opening video, set the stage and made everything feel like a big deal. Scarlett/Gilbertti was a pretty fun basic match even with the ridiculous commentary condemning Gilbertti anytime he was on offense. Wouldn't mind him sticking around, he's been a fun character addition to the show.  Tessa was greatness all through her segments, definitely looking forward to her and Gail. Kross/Cage was solid, loving the build to Johnny/Cage even with all the twists and turns to get there. They've done a great job making the typically unstoppable Machine come off as a sympathetic underdog at times. Sad to see Allie get murdered as her write off. Sullivan as the Devil was perfect.

Edited by DreamBroken

Allie got murdered by a Freddy Claw no less. Tessa was so great as a bratty Heel then when Gail got the advantage her cockiness completely vanished. Kross/Cage was very solid and Grace/Taya was until the screwy finish to establish Taya is willing to do all the things Tessa did when she had the belt. 

• Like 1

Not going to lie, I held back a tear or two when Allie got her ending.  That last segment was really something else. I wish Impact could just stick guys in the Mortis and Wrath get ups and just have Sullivan and Mitchell send guys from the undead realm to invade Impact, that would be incredible.  Kevin Sullivan being the ruler of the underworld was so obvious but a great reveal.  This might have been my favourite wrestling segment of the year.

The Lucha Bros / LAX brawl was really fun.

Disco v Scarlett was way better than it had any right to be. Disco was really fun in this and I really bought the near fall after the stunner from Scarlett.

• Like 1

That ending was amazing. Retconning all of the evil undead pro wrestling gimmicks to originate from a single source, with Kevin Sullivan at the helm no less, is some top notch shit. I presume Kevin got the promotion from Taskmaster when King Curtis died.

Think of the possibilities! Now we know where Bray Wyatt has been this whole time.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Not going to lie, I held back a tear or two when Allie got her ending.  That last segment was really something else. I wish Impact could just stick guys in the Mortis and Wrath get ups and just have Sullivan and Mitchell send guys from the undead realm to invade Impact, that would be incredible.  Kevin Sullivan being the ruler of the underworld was so obvious but a great reveal.  This might have been my favourite wrestling segment of the year.

The Lucha Bros / LAX brawl was really fun.

Disco v Scarlett was way better than it had any right to be. Disco was really fun in this and I really bought the near fall after the stunner from Scarlett.

Well, Luchasaurus being there is kind of close to Mortis.

• Like 2

DVR had issues with how Pursuit schedules Impact (4 half hour blocks instead of one 2 hour block) so I only got the first half hour. I'll try to check out Impact's youtube page to see the Undead Realm stuff.

@AxB is 100% correct with saying that Impact uses their women's roster way better than WWE. You can cycle Gail in for a feud since Tessa doesn't have the title and it gives her something to do. Allie, Kiera, Rosemary and Su have had a long term story going on that kept everyone involved and even Tessa and Jordynne were bit players here and there since it intertwined when needed. Even Alicia gets a match here and there (and always jobs but looks good before she loses).

• Like 2