DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/22/19

*Taped for Xplosion: The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) with the Hot Fire Flame

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 22, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Moose def. Trey Miguel after the Spear.

*Eddie Edwards & Eli Drake def. KM & Fallah Bahh when Eddie pinned KM with the Boston Knee Party after Eli used the kendo stick behind the ref's back.

*Ace Austin def. Damian Hyde after the Fold.

*Josh Mathews introduced Johnny Impact & Taya Valkyrie for an in-ring interview to explain their actions from last week. Johnny says he did it because of people like Josh and smart marks, fans weren't interested in his title defenses and just wanted him to wreck his body. Johnny calls Cage a big dumb rock and says the crowd are losers for cheering him. Josh asks Taya about defending her championship against Jordynne Grace next week. Taya makes a short joke about her and runs down the fans. Josh asks Johnny about defending against Brian Cage at the Rebellion PPV in Toronto. Johnny says he beat Cage once and will do it again so he hopes Cage stays healthy until then.

*Willie Mack def. Ethan Page after the stunner

*Rich Swann(c) def. Sami Callihan with a rollup to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Callihan attacks Swann and gets a chair but Swann fights back. A masked man comes out and chokeslams Swann. It's revealed to be Sawyer Fulton. Willie Mack tries to make the save but gets beat down as well.

Edited by DreamBroken

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Fulton being added to oVe, and it makes sense since he is from Ohio. I wish the Callihan Death Machine were in MLW more. Outside of Sami, I don't think they have been since War Games.

They haven't I think like Aria Blake they are probably done with MLW. 

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know what a money angle is? Basing it around smart marks

There is a clip of only the smart mark portion, but it's censored. Who the fuck wants the censored version of a classic promo? This would have been a money angle if Pillman never has his Hummer accident, and we eventually got Pillman vs. Shane Douglas. I liked Brian Pillman, Jr. paying tribute to this when he made his Philly debut for MLW.

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There is a clip of only the smart mark portion, but it's censored. Who the fuck wants the censored version of a classic promo? This would have been a money angle if Pillman never has his Hummer accident, and we eventually got Pillman vs. Shane Douglas. I liked Brian Pillman, Jr. paying tribute to this when he made his Philly debut for MLW.

Pillman Jr. cut a tribute promo to this one in the ep of MLW where he and his not so mysterious mystery partner, Davey Boy Smith Jr.., wrestled Tommy Dreamer and his not so mysterious mystery partner, Sandman.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Pillman Jr. cut a tribute promo to this one in the ep of MLW where he and his not so mysterious mystery partner, Davey Boy Smith Jr.., wrestled Tommy Dreamer and his not so mysterious mystery partner, Sandman.

I saw it, and made reference to it in my original post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The opening match had a few too many "You can't Huracanara Moose" spots to not have the finish be a Huracanrana. Although Trey did hit a reverse Rana at one point. Kind of a less than ideal feud for the Rascalz if they're going to be hooked up with Moose for a while. Them any of the regular tag teams in the company would be ideal.

Eddie & Eli vs Fallah & KM was pretty good too. Don't know what they'll be doing with Bahh now KM is gone.

Willie Mack vs Ethan Page in a battle of guys Impact signed even though they didn't actually have any plans for them. Willie should do OK because he's awesome. Ethan Page, he's just a guy. He's bigger than average for an indie wrestler, but he's just a guy.

James Mitchell and Rosemary's segment means there's going to be another Undead Realm deal next week. Cool. Tessa's angle with Gail is whatever, but the sudden backstage brawl between LAX and the Lucha Bros was one of the scrappiest, fightiest looking brawls in ages. Immediately followed by another backstage brawl in which Willie Mack (who had already wrestled) apparently beat down both Crist brothers (who were fresh and had the element of surprise) by himself, but it was off camera so it was different than just having two backstage fights back to back.

Callihan vs Swann I enjoyed. Sami Callihan is one of those guys who I don't think of him as a Wrestler I like, but he never seems to have a bad match. And indeed, this was a good match. It's just unfortunate for Sami that in the transition from being a guy who lost a hair match to being a guy with long hair, he's stuck in the GQ short neat hairstyle phase that doesn't suit his character at all. The spit in the face spot before the finishing sequence was fucking disgusting though.

• Like 1

The opening recap video was nicely done covering everything from last week. Moose/Trey turned out a pretty awesome big vs. little match. I was expecting more of a squash. Moose's early apron bomb looked killer and Trey's comeback hope spots were good stuff. Lots of fun little backstage story progression stuff throughout the show. Swann/Sami was a great brawl, been digging their feud a lot and the addition of Fulton should be cool. Agreed that the spit spots are horrible, with them tonight and Dreamer last week. Interested to see what happens in the Undead Realm next week. and I still don't want KM to be gone, especially not in just a randomly disappearing kind of way.

• Like 1

I remember seeing Sami wrestling live in 2016 Rumble weekend at Evolve and the spitting thing has only gotten worst since then. Swann vs. Sami was the MOTN but we got a lot of great storyline progression thru out the show. I have to point out that great tag finish of Eddie distracting the ref while tossing Kenny to Eli for the Cane shot that got them the win. 

• Like 1