DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/8/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Trey Miguel def. Daga after diving double knees

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 8, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Rich Swann def. Ethan Page with the Phoenix Splash. After the match, oVe come out and Sami Callihan declares tonight is the night that Rich Swann finally joins oVe. Callihan talks about being the only one always there for Rich and says family is everything as he tosses him the shirt. Swann puts on the oVe shirt but then attacks them when they turn their backs. Swann takes out all three and escapes then rips off the oVe shirt.

*Ace Austin def. Jake Atlas after a running neckbreaker

*Alisha Edwards comes out for a promo. She thanks Impact for the opportunity and asks what's next. Alisha announces that her contract expires at the end of the month so it's time to figure out if it's time to stay home and start a family. The Desi Hit Squad interrupt. Gama says he's glad she is leaving because he's sick of the women's empowerment movement. Raj adds that there's no better place for a woman than at home. Alisha slaps Gama. Eddie Edwards runs out for the save and takes out the Desi Hit Squad with his kendo stick but they overcome him and triple team him until Eli Drake runs out for the save, surprising Eddie.

*Kiera Hogan, Jordynne Grace, & Rosemary def. Allie, Su Yung, & The Undead Maid of Honor when Rosemary pinned the Undead Maid after a spear. After the match, Rosemary took Allie to the back with her.

*Josh Mathews introduces Scarlett Bordeaux for an interview and asks why she chose herself in the worldwide talent search. Glenn Gilbertti interrupts, who Scarlett says was the worst out of everyone she saw. Glenn says all she has done is show her body and become a big star but if she wrestles, she's gonna suck. Glenn says women's wrestling hasn't been good since the bra & panties matches. Scarlett slaps him and says she could kick his ass. Glenn tells her to go do the dishes in the kitchen. Scarlett says next time she sees him, she's going to make him her bitch.

*The Lucha Bros. (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.) def. The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz)

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Marty Sugar said:

So the show has TWO angles with men saying how much women's wrestling is garbage?

EDIT: and it's two old men who are past their time to be wrestling at all?

And both angles feature stereotypical Italian and Indian cultural misogyny!

Keep it classy, Impact!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was expecting the Dark War to be some sort of No DQ or Streetfight deal, but it was a regular six-person tag with bad lighting. Possibly it would have looked alright in HD, but 5Spike isn't. Seemed a pretty good match though. Rosemary looked a lot bigger than she was before she got injured. Presumably we've got a series of vignettes over the next few weeks of Rosemary trying to make Allie return to her bunny form or something.

Is the backstage reporter guy a trained Wrestler? Because it seems like they're building him up for an ass-kicking.

The build up to Gilbertti finally finding his way to ringside was good, but it seemed like that was a few week's worth of segments all in a row. Maybe if they'd been spaced through the show instead of in one block. Plus if he really got his ass kicked by Killer Cross, he should have been selling it. On one level, it makes sense to have Scarlett starting out in a semi-comedy intergender match, because presumably they're trying to give her a bit of a push (to start with at least), but I don't see anyone in the Knockouts division who should really be putting her over. They're all either tough, hard hitting professional athletes, or magical zombie wizards. If Su Yung is going to be doing a losing streak gimmick for a bit now she's lost her pet maybe she could lose to Scarlett, but when you consider she was unstoppable unbeatable a year ago... it's one of those things, to go from female Undertaker if Wrestlemania was every night of the year, to losing to a girl doing a pretty girl gimmick seems on paper like you're wasting the previous push. But it could make sense in storyline.

The main event was crazy. Floor to floor Tope Con Hilo over the top turnbuckle crazy. Nice to see the Lucha Bros borrowing Rey Mysterio's comic book tribute routine, with Fenix as Venom and Penta as Carnage. Assuming that's what they were doing. Seemed like it.

• Like 1

I wanted to see the Dark War, but I tapped out after the segment where 6 people were on the mic and only one of them could cut a promo that didn't sound like they were reading it poorly. And the "investigative reporter" guy was Abrams-UWF level bad.

Edited by Ace
  • Haha 1

Swann/Page made for a good opener and I loved the post-match angle. the oVe music hitting in celebration when they hug was great and it almost made me want to see Swann in the group for a moment. the Gilbertti stuff was hilarious, laughed out loud when he thinks he's found Cody, Matt, & Nick and wants to be an executive VP too. Another week, another epic Moose outfit while Kross must've switched shirts between his segments. The Dark War was pretty good and had a nice big fight feel during the intros. Main event was an awesome sprint, crazy spots and fast pace as usual with them.

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Konnan setting up Disco was all kinds of Bugs Bunny setting up Elmer Fudd. Really great stuff.

Nice attention to long term storytelling, considering they feuded with each other like 20 years ago.

• Like 3

That they did including Disco do his own version of Konnan's music video at the time. 

The episode was pretty good it will be interesting to see what backstage segments we get with Rosemary/Allie/Keira and maybe Su in the coming weeks. 

Grace vs. Tessa next week should be great if given time. 

• 9 months later...

This was on Impact's Pluto channel after the 2/22 episode they skipped 3/1 but hey it's Impact so who knows who programs the Pluto channel.

Swann vs Page was a good opener. Page got heat on Swann as the crowd boos. Page is a good wrestler but he's really good at getting the crowd to rally against him. Swann starts a comeback and the crowd is more than happy to get behind him. Page got a lot of offense in on Swann, all hope looked lost for Richard but a couple hard rights and things started to pick up for him. Swann wins with a Phoenix Splash.

Sami has been trying to get Swann to join OVE, so of course after the match Sami and The Crists come out cuz it's time for Swann to make a decision. I keep up with Impact through spoilers but it's cool to see this angle play out.  The crowd really doesn't like Sami or OVe but they do seem to like Swann, they don't want him to join. So of course Swann puts on the T Shirt then kicks Sami in the head, a double handspring elbow on the Crists, then rips off the shirt as the crowd roars.

Ace Austin debuts on this show, what a year he's had this year going from card tricks to hitting on Eddie Edwards wife to becoming X Division Champion and it all starts here with some goober named Jake Atlas.There two have a match, it's not a one sided affair Atlas has the upper hand early on. Of course Ace comes back and gets a quick victory. 

They do an interview with Taya and Johnny via "satellite" and Johnny has a neck brace on. I love pro wrestling melodrama. Johnny and Taya are just becoming heels here. Johnny needs a neck fusion but he's gonna defend the title against Cage anyway. I feel like he's gonna try to back out.

You gotta love a good old fashioned wrestler retirement speech that gets interrupted and it's really not a retirement speech what so ever. This was Alisha's turn to do one of these angles. The Desi Hit Squad with Jinder Mahals uncle Gamma Singh come out. With all the sexist things the Hit Squad was saying did anyone not expect Alisha to slap Gamma or Eddie to make the save. I wasn't expecting Eli to save Eddie from a triple team after being defeated by him in not so flattering fashion two weeks before. The run in save was a saunter turned swerve on the Squad but what an interesting turn maybe Eli wants to bang Eddie's wife like everyone else seems to want to do. Of course Eddie and Alisha argu afterwards cuz why would those two ever got along, this turns into an argument over Eddie getting back into the tag scene. Sadly Eddie and Alisha may be the most functional relationship in Impact and all they do is argue.

The flashback of the week was Eddie vs Sami from LU vs Impact from New Orleans. I was at that show it was a fun show that place was packed. I havent seen any of this show since watching it live so this was fun to see. Just a wild brawl with chairs and Crist brother run ins and a bump on the guardrail that dent the guardrail. There's a bat spot cuz remember Sami broke Eddie's face with a bat and I forgot that Don Callis came out and threw in the towel before Sami could break Eddie's face again. Eddie was still wrestling in gear.

The Rascals stoner gimmick is alot of fun, as a big That '70s Show fan i do love the ode to the show with these segments the dark room the smoke the camera pans the laugh track even. They are goofy stoners but they do take wrestling serious and thats whats important in gimmicks like this you have to take the wrestling serious.

We get the Dark War that James Mitchell alluded to two weeks prior. Allie's soul is up for grabs in this one. What a stip, a persons soul. This had different lighting which is all the more better. A Dark War should be under red lights thats just common sense. Dark Allie is such a fun character led astray and her friends want her back so bad that they are willing to go to war (a dark war) with her. Maybe they think they can beat the evil out of her. Say what you want but Rosemary and Kierra are pretty good friends. Rosemary has to join James Mitchell if they lose. This was a war too there may not have been blood but they all beat the hell out of each other this was personal. Rosemary gets the pin over the Undead Maid of Honor which of course why else would she be in there but they got Allie back so thats all that matters.

I had to take off after the Dark War so thats all of the program that I watched.

• Like 1