DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/22/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Kiera Hogan & Jordynne Grace def. Allie & Su Yung when Kiera pinned Allie after the fishermans neckbreaker

Impact Wrestling - Airing February 22, 2019 from Las Vegas, NV

*Impact Worlds Champ Johnny Impact opens the show with a promo. Johnny talks about being a fighting champion as he promised and last week he beat not one or two but three men at Uncaged and finally closed that chapter. Johnny says it's time to move on to the next challenger. Moose interrupts and says he would be champion if not for Brian Cage & Killer Kross. Moose says Kross stabbed him in the back. Killer Kross then interrupts and calls Moose the betrayer and a son of a bitch. Kross mocks Moose. Moose says Kross had his chances and it's his time now. Johnny decides on Moose vs. Kross for #1 contendership. Moose cheap shots Kross and the match is on...

*Moose vs. Killer Kross went to a no contest when Johnny Impact attacked both men after Kross threw a drink on Johnny and Moose accidentally kicked Johnny while he was on commentary. After the match, Moose & Kross beat down Johnny until Brian Cage makes the save. Cage & Johnny take out Kross & Moose. They have a staredown but Cage hands Johnny his title and leaves.

*The Rascalz (Trey Miguel & Dezmond Xavier) def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) when Trey pinned Raj after diving double knees.

*Eddie Edwards def. Eli Drake with a rollup after Eli had grabbed Eddie's kendo stick.

*Alisha Edwards vs. Delilah Doom went to a no contest when Tessa Blanchard came out and destroyed both.

*The Lucha Bros. (Fenix & Pentagon Jr.)(c) def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana w/ Konnan) to retain the tag team championships. After the match, Konnan tries to get everyone to shake hands again like last time but the Lucha Bros taunt LAX so LAX attack them and take their masks off.

20 hours ago, caley said:

I’m sorry...Mike Mucus?!?!

I had a friend in college when I was taking prerequisite courses before I could get into the funeral program, nicknamed Marcus Mucus. He actually introduced me to the DVDVR. I'm not sure what happened to Marcus Mucus. 

“Hello darkness my old friend... it’s time to watch Impact once again”

Rascals v Desi Hit Squad was the best Desi Hit Squad have looked in any match in Impact.

Disco was enjoyable in his cameo “hey let me in.... I’m a really big star!”

Eli Drake boggles my mind, he looks like a million bucks, can go in the ring, has a good promo, but it just doesn’t quite fit. I can’t explain it. The match with Eddie was just... eh

Kross referencing Jean Paul Gaultier got a pop from me.

but, yeah, Impact is on life support at the minute.

All this talk of Rich Swann's opponent, and the match wasn't even on the show. He just did an angle from hospital. Well, he lay there and didn't say anything while Callihan did an angle.

That hookah was blatantly not lit. I think the DHS are cemented as a jobber team now, if they can't even beat the Rascalz when Gama intoxicates them before the match. Odd that right before that, the flashback match was from Wrestlecon last year, Impact vs Lucha Underground, and Impact was represented by DJ Z, Andrew Everett and serious wrestler Dezmond Xavier. And straight after he's out there doing his dopey stoner gimmick. What a difference 10 months makes.

Not having read spoilers, I wonder who is going to be on Rosemary's dark army. Not that they've mentioned how many members an army is supposed to have. Be a bit embarrassing if one side assumes' assemble your army' means 'prepare for a six person tag like The Outsiders vs WCW', and the other thinks 'that must mean like a ten person survivor series team' and shows up with two more people. Most likely it's Jordynne Grace and Keira Hogan with Rosemary, obviously, but it might be nice if they could recruit someone unexpected somehow.

Johnny Impact is being disingenuous, saying We need to team up to take those two out, because there's no way to stop them from interfering if we try to go one on one. No way to stop them? Have you not noticed you're talking to a guy called Cage? If only there was a type of Wrestling match designed to make sure no-one gets out and no-one gets in.

• Like 2

Felt like a lot happening all throughout the show setting up various things, progressing feuds throughout the night and setting things up for next week, good stuff. Really liked the different look of the various backstage scenes,  cool backdrop for Eli's interview. Fun opening with Johnny/Moose/Kross. Enjoyed Eddie/Eli and getting a longer listen on the full version of Eddie's theme before the match began. Always liked Delilah Doom since she started, so great to see her get a shot and always good to see Alisha too as brief as it was. Main event was a condensed version of their last matches. Didn't get why the Lucha Bros were dicks in the post-match so I wasn't sure if that was an LAX heel turn or just a proper reaction to their handshake getting rejected.

On 2/22/2019 at 5:59 PM, Ultimo Necro said:

Eli Drake boggles my mind, he looks like a million bucks, can go in the ring, has a good promo, but it just doesn’t quite fit. I can’t explain it. The match with Eddie was just... eh

If I could give Eli one note, it'd be to consider doing less back-and-forth with the crowd at TV tapings.

Lucha Bros vs LAX continues to be fun, but there was too much time in the middle of this match where Penta was standing around watching Fenix get double teamed. 

• 10 months later...

Watching Pluto TV and ran into this caught from Rascals vs Desi Hit Squad forward.

That match was good i guess. I dig The Rascals I'm not sold on the Desi Hit Squad is there much function to them other then being Comedy Jobber Heels?

Eddie vs Eli I  thought was tight as fuck. That Eli promo about not wanting a hardcore match and wanting to wrestle Eddie straight up was good. Be careful what you wish for pal cuz Eddie may be batshit crazy but the dude can go. Eli found that out as the match progressed. Was the camera hitting those Dutch Angles to let us the viewer feel how off kilter Eddie Edwards really is or was it just lazy camera work? As a Film Major I choose the former or the latter. Drake made all that fuss about not going hardcore then Eli in an act of desperation introduces the kendo stick and Eddie pins him with a wrestling move, to a nicer guy it couldn't have happened.

Disco looks like a jerk so it's funny when he's the butt of the joke. Getting locked out of the building is always funny.

Alisha Edwards vs Delilah Doom was a fun competitive squash. Delilah was a tad too chipper for someone named Doom. The jazzerise gimmick is random but boy was she obnoxious. Alisha rallies back of course and then Tessa comes out and press slams Alisha on the ramp, goes for Doom but Doom gets some hit on her before eating a sitout  powerbomb and a buzz saw DDT. Tessa was ready last year I hope she pins Sami next weekend. Lets have a women as World Champion, do it before WWE. 

I love these IMPACT mini movie things. James Mitchell vs Rosemary over the soul of Allie. I say bring on the B-Movie Cheese i'm all in for it. I wish James Mitchell was still around.

Taya is showing shades of mean girl in her promo she's a tweener here but you can tell the heel turn is coming.

The Main Event between Lucha Bros and LAX was really good as to be expected. If LAX ever break away from the Inner Circle I'd love to see Konnan come in to be their manager again. These four really like to brawl with each other which i'm more than ok with. The always dip and dive with random abandon it's a ton of fun to watch. They also wrestle and thats the most fun of all, the wrestling. Lucha Bros retain. LAX may have taken the loss hard as they removed the Lucha Bro's masks after the match.

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1