DVDVR Message Board

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bob Iger himself said that they rushed this trilogy out there and there was no map of where they were headed when filming for TFA began.  To me that's a little bit of an issue. 

Except that's not what he said. This is what he said:

I just think that we might’ve put a little bit too much in the marketplace too fast. I think the storytelling capabilities of the company are endless because of the talent we have at the company, and the talent we have at the company is better than it’s ever been, in part because of the influx of people from Fox.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I took that as him saying they rushed these but we know that this trilogy wasn't mapped out beforehand and I think it'd have been a better idea to do that.  They needed a Feige.

That's an incredible inference to make from Iger directly speaking to and referring to the schedule of TFA, then Rogue One a year later, then TLJ a year after that, and then Solo not even 5 months later, but you do you.

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

From the current issue of Empire:

EHggq5iWkAE__9D?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And that's fine. It's also not what Niners was saying. JJ constructs these core Star Wars movies like throwing clay on the pottery wheel and seeing what develops. Feige is more of an architect or engineer who carefully develops the plan and then makes sure the right contractors are hired for the job. Each person has been successful thus far and it's rather presumptuous to say much of anything about Episode 9 before it's even come out. This far, this trilogy has been excellent and has gotten Star Wars back to the core of what it should be.

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

JJ constructs these core Star Wars movies like throwing clay on the pottery wheel and seeing what develops. 

People who are good at pottery know exactly what they're making before they put the clay on the wheel. Trust me. I've worked in potteries. I live 4 miles from the world capital of pottery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Zoom and enhance....

Carrie Fisher has top billing.  

I'm going to cry at the end of this movie, aren't I.

Fuck.

I hate you all for getting me emotionally involved.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'm going to cry at the end of this movie, aren't I.

Fuck.

I hate you all for getting me emotionally involved.

At the end? If this trailer had me ugly sobbing the whole way through, I'll be hearing the intro horns and losing it.

Edited by JLSigman
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, AxB said:

People who are good at pottery know exactly what they're making before they put the clay on the wheel. Trust me. I've worked in potteries. I live 4 miles from the world capital of pottery.

Robbie Williams, Phil Taylor and Nick Hancock's domain.

• Thanks 1

So at the end we hear Luke say "The Force Will Be With You", much like Obi Wan said to him after his trench run on the Death Star in A New Hope. But the LEIA is the one who says "Always" after. Is this possible foreshadowing Leia's death and becoming a Force Ghost along with Luke to help guide Rey on her journey?

10 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

So at the end we hear Luke say "The Force Will Be With You", much like Obi Wan said to him after his trench run on the Death Star in A New Hope. But the LEIA is the one who says "Always" after. Is this possible foreshadowing Leia's death and becoming a Force Ghost along with Luke to help guide Rey on her journey?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Leia the last human from the original trilogy that they haven't killed off?

The droids and Chewbacca are portrayed by people in suits, so there's no need to replace them.

With Leia's death they can finally rid themselves of any physical link to the old characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Amazing Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker TV Spot. Best thing from the film so far. For those who don't want to see it, I'll talk about the contents in a spoiler tag:

Hearing Palpatine, Duel of the Fates returning and the Imperial March!

• Like 1