DVDVR Message Board

Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Yeah, the only important takeaways from IM2 are the vibranium & Fury showing up.  Johanssen seemed comically bad as Nat, too, so it's a good thing her subsequent appearances make that easy to forget.  I wonder who gets the credit there: Scarlett, her stunt double, the directors?  I've seen blown Lucha spots that showed less space than some of those action scenes.

My favourite Black Widow scene is her very first taking Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and especially Happy Hogan by surprise in the ring. Only things the movie has going for it is Black Widow, Justin Hammer and the post-credits scene with Mjolnir.

Thor 2: The Dark World is NOT BAD. It's not great, I hesitate to say that it's even good, but I caught the whole thing on cable while house sitting for someone a couple years ago. It was good enough. It is completely replacement level.

Couple caveats though...The house was nearly a mansion and I watched it in their theater room that also had a popcorn maker. I could have watched Episode 1 and thought it was just OK in that environment.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Major cast member returning...

Hide contents

TWO major cast members returning. You'll know the other one at the end of the first trailer. It's a pretty big WTF/HOLY SHIT reveal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Following a Mark Hamill voice over with a villainous cackle is going to throw some people.

Spoiler

I could see some people thinking it's Hamill doing the laugh, but I assume it's Palpatine given that after the lights came up once the trailer played, Ian McDiarmid was standing there and in the Palpatine voice he said, "Play it again!"

Actually, I'm spoilering that just in case. It was shown during the Star Wars Celebration just a little bit ago so it might not be much of a spoiler, but it's related to the cackle at the end of the trailer.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So at first glance, this is going to baffle the MRAs because it seems to backpeddle a bunch of TLJ stuff but still has Rey as supreme badass worldkiller.

The gorilla glued Kylo mask is the perfect symbol for this movie, right?

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So at first glance, this is going to baffle the MRAs because it seems to backpeddle a bunch of TLJ stuff but still has Rey as supreme badass worldkiller.

The gorilla glued Kylo mask is the perfect symbol for this movie, right?

A few days ago Rian Johnson made a comment about how he's not going to be at all upset if something like Rey's parents are retconned. It was in response to a question he received, but he said that and said he's just excited to see where the journey goes and if that's something that is retconned then he trusts it will be done right. Doesn't exactly mean it will happen or anything.