DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and Hunter Strickland is a Mariner

I'm sure @Tabe was joking.

Of course.  C'mon guys, do you not see the common thread in those three?

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

Pretty sure you've made spaghetti for Hunter Strickland.

• Haha 1

Just for the record - the Nats don’t have to sign anyone who hates Bryce to throw at him since it seems clear that his former teammates are quite ready to do so

• Like 1

I know Boras is get every fucking dime you can, but if you had the choice, wouldn't you rather live in San Francisco or San Diego(assuming they were actually in on Harper) than Philadelphia? Are California taxes really that much higher than Pennsylvania"s?

25 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I know Boras is get every fucking dime you can, but if you had the choice, wouldn't you rather live in San Francisco or San Diego(assuming they were actually in on Harper) than Philadelphia? Are California taxes really that much higher than Pennsylvania"s?

Personal income tax - CA 13.3%, PA 3.07% 

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Personal income tax - CA 13.3%, PA 3.07% 

In addition to that:

San Francisco - 1.5%

Philadelphia - 3.88%

I love this idea that Philadelphia of all places is sports heaven...

I love the city of Chicago more than anywhere else, I love the Cubs, I'm a Bears, Blackhawks, and Bulls fan, all of those teams have won plenty of championships, and even I wouldn't say Chicago is sports heaven.

In a follow up regarding the CA tax thing

One of the folks from the Athletic reported that Scott Boras told the Giants that they would need to exceed whatever top offer Bryce got "by at least $20 million" (So it would have had to have been $350 in this case)

So taking that at face value - it again points out that Boras and Bryce were always going to take whatever the biggest deal was.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:21 AM, RIPPA said:

Blue Jays signed/are about to sign Bud Norris and Clay Buchholz

Cardinals signed Matt Wieters to a minor league deal.

Padres signed reliever Adam Warren to a 1 yr deal.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

AP is reporting that MLB and the MLBPA are close to agreeing to raising the active roster to 26 players starting in 2020. The Sept roster will shrink from 40 to 28.

Apparently MLBPA is doing this in exchange for MLB committing to discussing "larger economic issues" after Opening Day

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

AP is reporting that MLB and the MLBPA are close to agreeing to raising the active roster to 26 players starting in 2020. The Sept roster will shrink from 40 to 28.

Apparently MLBPA is doing this in exchange for MLB committing to discussing "larger economic issues" after Opening Day

To also go along with this - supposedly the agreement will limit # of pitchers a team can carry to 13 and will put in some sort of 3 batter minimum for pitchers

There is some bullshit about All Star Game voting which really amuses me since THAT's the part that ESPN is making a big deal out of