DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

Yanks and Aaron Hicks reach an extension deal

7 years, $70 million

So it will give him a raise this season and the Yanks will have him until his age 35 season

No word yet on if the deal is evenly split over the 7 years

On 2/24/2019 at 8:39 AM, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Harper and Realmuto is as good as any 3-4 or 4-5. Phillies and Padres are the likely spot for Keuchel, with Houston still talking.

This is going to be a fantastic season and lots of buyers from what I see on paper

NL East - Phillies, Mets, Braves, Nats

NL Central - Brewers, Cubs, Cards, Reds, Pirates

NL West - Dodgers, Padres, maybe the Giants 

AL East - Red Sox, Yanks

AL Central - Indians, Twins

AL West - Astros, A’s

2019 Astros are pretty stacked

Chirinos, Stassi

Gurriel, Altuve, Bregman, Correa, White, Diaz

Reddick, Springer, Brantley, Kemp

Verlander, Cole, Miley, McHugh, James

Osuna, Pressly, Rondon, Devo, Peacock, Valdez, Harris

#25 Marisnick, Guduan, K. Tucker, C. Perez

The Cubs aren't "buyers" since they apparently have no money to buy anything and nothing to trade. The strategy for this year is to hope and pray that 1) everyone stays healthy or gets healthy and  2) everyone plays like they did in 2015 and 2016.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this strategy is going to work this year. I'm basically resigned to the team maybe winning the division, but more likely landing in 3rd and getting a better draft pick next year.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Per Passan, Nolan Arenado is about to extend with the Rockies.  8/255+

There's a 3 year opt out. 

It is supposedly $260 million

Arenado will have the highest annual salary for a position player ever (beating Miggy's $31 million)

It will be the second highest in AAV (behind only Zack Greinke's $34.4 million) and it will be the 4th largest deal ever

This is my fancy way of saying that the Bryce Harper signing will now drag out like another week

20 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

it's a 13 year deal 

Something tells me it will take Bryce less then 13 DAYS  to get Philly fans pissed at him.   Wait until they find out what his favorite teams are.

By the way, the first Nationals vs Phillies series is first week of April.  See it is going to get real interesting real quick

Obviously that's a shit ton of money, but it's actually kinda surprisingly low in terms of aav. About 4 million less per year than Machado got and Washington offered Harper. Was he really that concerned with just getting the largest total value ever?

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Good.  Now we can all shut the fuck up about where he's playing and start talking about how inconsistently he's playing.

Tabe would like to subscribe to your newsletter 

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, hammerva said:

By the way, the first Nationals vs Phillies series is first week of April.  See it is going to get real interesting real quick

Breaking news: The Nationals have signed Cole Hamels, Hunter Strickland, and Jonathan Papelbon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1