DVDVR Message Board

Gravity

Jrag

a friend of mine hadn't seen it so i went along with him yesterday-Imax 3D again--it's just as gripping eventho you know what's going to happen--made me appreciate the ending more seeing it the second time as well--also spent more time just appreciating the beauty of the film

• Like 1

Everybody is giving this strong recommendations, yet everybody is using words like "anxiety attack", "disoriented", and "nauseous". "Feel sick for so many reasons." "We needed slurpees to cheer us up." "I want to cry just typing about it." I'm trying to figure out why I want to pay $15 in order to feel all gross and sad. I'm sure it's excellent, but I'm just finding it funny that these positive reviews sound like they're coming from the sole survivor of a nerve gas attack.

Just go see the movie ya fuckin dickhole or stop posting in here. No one is going to hold your hand for this and lead you in. So shit or get off the pot already.
  • Like 2

As far as sound design goes, the last bit of score at the end of the movie was fucking amazing. I still want to take a deep breath and pump my fist just thinking about it. Why? Because I'm alive.

If this doesn't win every award, it will be a robbery.

• Like 1

Everybody is giving this strong recommendations, yet everybody is using words like "anxiety attack", "disoriented", and "nauseous". "Feel sick for so many reasons." "We needed slurpees to cheer us up." "I want to cry just typing about it." I'm trying to figure out why I want to pay $15 in order to feel all gross and sad. I'm sure it's excellent, but I'm just finding it funny that these positive reviews sound like they're coming from the sole survivor of a nerve gas attack.

Just go see the movie ya fuckin dickhole or stop posting in here. No one is going to hold your hand for this and lead you in. So shit or get off the pot already.

Does seeing this movie make people irrationally angry, too?

The movie is a harrowing experience, but rewarding in every way. It will make you feel good to be alive. Go see it.

No, Banky was like that before the movie.

No, Banky was like that before the movie.

Or I'm just fucking around.

Saw this in 3D Friday night. Visually spectacular, best use of 3D I've seen, but maybe not quite the revelation others have hyped it to be. The wife thought it was but not quite for me. Still 8.5/10.

So, because I haven't seen anything to tell me otherwise, I'm supposed to spend $20 to watch Open Water in Space because it has *really* good effects?

Sure. The 4 pages of glowing reviews, the 97% on the tomatometer, box office supremacy and a bunch of Oscar buzz is all meaningless because you wanted to make that Open Water joke for the 2nd time.

• Like 5

But nothing outside of "Visually Stunning"

I need more than that and sucking up to Clooney/Bullock to make me want to drop $20 and 2 hours.

And looking at Tomatos, they all say the same thing.  Visually Stunning, but nothing else really.

And Oscar buzz ain't what it used to be.

I need more than that and sucking up to Clooney/Bullock to make me want to drop $20 and 2 hours.

And looking at Tomatos, they all say the same thing.  Visually Stunning, but nothing else really.

Ok, kindly fuck off then and let us circlejerk in peace.

• Like 1

Beyond visually stunning, as mentioned repeatedly in this thread:

It is a masterpiece of sound design.

It is an incredibly gripping, nail biting story that left nearly all of us shook to our very core.

Bullock gives a fantastic performance, and Clooney nearly matches it.

You're a terrible person and your family is equally terrible for producing you.

Obviously this one was made for IMAX and 3D audiences.  I saw it last night in boring old 2D and I thought it was good space flick, but nothing overwhelmingly awesome.  The visuals were indeed spectacular, even in 2D, but the plot was just... there: when disaster strikes, astronauts must overcome the odds.

I'm thinking that had I seen it in IMAX/3D, being fully immersed in the situation would have given me that rush you get in a race against time, and a life-or-death one at that.  2D gave me Sandra Bullock as a flailing damsel in distress and George Clooney playing himself.  It left me wanting more action and more plot, and I've no doubt I would have gotten that in IMAX (or at least 3D).  This is way too short a movie in 2D.

Maybe I'll give it another go.  The IMAX in St. Louis has moved on to Ender's Game, and I usually only see 3D movies by accident (3D glasses plus my regular glasses?  Bah, I'm a wimp and can't be bothered!), but it really does seem like I'm missing out on something here.