DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is JUSTICE FOR THE REVIVAL - 2/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Just now? Most of us have had that lingering urge for twenty years now.

Oh trust me, i have that urge at least 5-6 times an episode of raw. My wife will even ask me the next day "how much did cole piss you off this time?"

Just knowing that's how wrestlemania will end. Fireworks going off. Seth spinning the belt around over his head. And stupid, stupid Michael Cole announcing him as the beast Slayer....theres that urge again

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It literally has nothing to do with adversity in Becky's way. It has to do with it being fucking stupid booking.

Shawn shouldn't have been in the Mania XX match. Batista shouldn't have been in the Mania XXX match. Charlotte shouldn't be in this match.

I don't entirety disagree. In a perfect world, Rousey would be playing the heel role as Vince's ace, and Charolette would be facing Asuka.

Unfortunately, we live in this world, where Rhonda can't handled being booed. It is what it is, and I think they handled it the best they could on Monday.

Usually Ronda is spelled with a H after the R, because the name is taken from the Rhonda valleys in Wales (Welsh is a Celtic language so the spellings and pronunciations are all over the place). But Ronda Rousey has no H because her dad was Ron Rousey and wanted his daughter to be named after him. Like Nigel Lawson or something.

• Thanks 2

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, mystman said:

Regarding the Lynch apology, I might be in the minority, but I think it was fucking brilliant storytelling. People often compare Becky to Austin, but there's a flaw in that. Austin, from day one, was Austin. Even when he was the Ringmaster, he was a pretty vicious heel.

Becky, on the other hand, only became The Man a few months ago. Before that she was just a spunky, whitebread babyface. She played the game the "right way",until she saw that it was a sham.

So then you put in "NXT Daddy" HHH into the mix. He tells Becky she should put her pride aside, apologize, and go to Wrestlemania.

Of all the authority figures, Becky would trust HHH the most. If it wasn't for him,after all, she probably wouldn't be there. If anyone could convince her to play the game again it would be him. So she does, and amazingly it turns out he wasn't lying. He declares that Lynch-Rousey is back on.

Only HHH doesn't run this game. Vince does. And the old man pulls the rug out from under her. Now she knows better. If The Man is going to become the next Stone Cold, Monday night was when it started.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They're gonna fuck you any which way they can (which they did) even if the laptop GM suddenly emanated from Corey's ass to tell Becky it was in charge again and she could kiss WrestleMania goodbye. She becomes the next Stone Cold when they find Vince on his weight bench murdered because somebody caved in his skull prison style with one of that old prick's very own dumbbells. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:20 AM, Brian Fowler said:

It literally has nothing to do with adversity in Becky's way. It has to do with it being fucking stupid booking.

Shawn shouldn't have been in the Mania XX match. Batista shouldn't have been in the Mania XXX match. Charlotte shouldn't be in this match.

The problem with leaving Charlotte out is there's no promise women will headline WM again. We all hope this year will lead to more opportunities, but we don't know. Even if they do, she could be sick or injured, thus missing that moment. So if they want to get Charlotte in the WM main event, this is the best chance. That's a bit of pre-revisionist history on my part, but I think there's some truth to it.

Plus, too much effort has been invested in Charlotte to leave her out of the match that was hers in the first place. Folks keep saying she could fight Asuka again, but Asuka hasn't even been on TV the past three weeks. Who knows what they're going to give her for WM.

Not to mention she has done the wrestling gods' work in the second half of 2018. She's put over Becky every step of the way and now serves as the clear-cut villain in this story.

• Like 2

Some people just aren't meant to main event WrestleMania. Lots of better wrestlers and bigger stars than Charlotte never got, and will never get, that opportunity. It's clear (to me at least) that this is Becky's time, and that the match the majority of people want to see is Becky Vs Ronda, 1 on 1. That's the hottest story they have at this time, and the biggest match they have on the table, so it makes sense that it should be the Mania main event. Adding Charlotte just dilutes the match and the moment, and I'm confident in saying that that's how the majority of fans feel. 

• Like 2

The YouTube video of Vince bringing out Charlotte is the most disliked video on their entire channel.  That's not "ooooh they hate her and are going to pay to see it! HAR HAR!"  

That's a clear "get her out of here" response. and by the way the ratings for it being Mania season are abysmal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The problem with leaving Charlotte out is there's no promise women will headline WM again. We all hope this year will lead to more opportunities, but we don't know. Even if they do, she could be sick or injured, thus missing that moment. So if they want to get Charlotte in the WM main event, this is the best chance. That's a bit of pre-revisionist history on my part, but I think there's some truth to it.

I agree that Charlotte should be in the match (she compliments Ronda and Becky's biggest weaknesses very well and fits in the story perfectly), but using "you have to put Charlotte in because women may never headline WM again" is kind of a weak argument.

If that's the argument, then going further by the same logic, WWE should make the triple threat match a lumberjill match so that every woman on Raw, Smackdown, and NXT/NXT-UK can be involved in the match- solely because "well, women may not headline Wrestlemania again, so EVERY WOMAN in the WWE deserves to be involved with the match so that they can all headline Wrestlemania". 

That, of course, would be bullshit: It sounds beautiful on paper, but in practice is the same "throw them all into one segment" bullshit that ruined the "Lost Era" of women's wrestling. 

The difference is, they’re going to declare Charlotte the greatest womens wrestler ever before she’s retired—not anyone else on the roster—and they want every accolade possible to support that, and every possible “moment” to add to the video packages celebrating the fact. I don’t think this is being cynical or conspiratorial, and I think, in a vacuum, that Charlotte improves both the build and the match. But I also think the booking towards legacy-making and around moment-manufacturing turns a lot of people off, and people detect that here.