DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is JUSTICE FOR THE REVIVAL - 2/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I was going for the “Kid of a legend, who has more title reigns then they probably should” thing.

If that's what you were going for, you failed.  Good try though and I get your logic.

As for the other hypotheticals, the third party you're inserting adds value to the match-up on paper and the parties involved clearly were comfortable in their roles and there is no real way to prove or disprove how better or worse off the matches would've been if the angles were booked similarly to this one.

Are you really going to be the guy that tells Diesel, Rhodes, or UT to wait his turn if he absolutely wanted in on those main events?  Probably not.

46 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

She needs to beat Ronda one on one, and hopefully win new fans over in the process. Charlotte will take away from that.

How so?  If Becky wins, she beats the self styled Baddest Woman on the Planet on the Grandest Stage of All and has done so by also outwitting the daughter of the Dirtiest Player in the Game.

46 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hence why I said "to a larger audience" man. Mania is the one show that draws a significantly larger then usual audience, and that's the people they need to have come out of that show thinking Becky Lynch is The Man, and adding a third person to a match always muddies the effort to put someone over.

Becky Lynch will still be The fucking Man regardless of the competitors in the match..

The only thing that can hurt her is not winning the belt and even that can be spun as THE AUTHORITY conspiring against her.

How long was Sting considered to be the Franchise for WCW before they finally put the World Title on him?  Fucking years, man.  Becky has barely been The Man for nine months.

When she finally wins, it will be like if Wile E Coyote finally caught the Road Runner.  Then what?  Eventually she'll have to drop the belt guys.  No one is champion forever.  What then?  Who beats her?  Charlotte?  Ronda? 

If Becky won, I'd put the belt on Ruby next because at least the title will be on someone that could use the push and doesn't mind being a heel but the internet will probably implode anyway.

Remember when we all thought that Impact / TNA would die because Jarrett never dropped the belt to the person we all thought should be next?  Never happened and Impact is still on television for the time being at least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If that's what you were going for, you failed.  Good try though and I get your logic.

As for the other hypotheticals, the third party you're inserting adds value to the match-up on paper and the parties involved clearly were comfortable in their roles and there is no real way to prove or disprove how better or worse off the matches would've been if the angles were booked similarly to this one.

Are you really going to be the guy that tells Diesel, Rhodes, or UT to wait his turn if he absolutely wanted in on those main events?  Probably not.

If I am the booker? Yes, absolutely. Hey we have a chance to have Hart vs. Michaels in a 60 minute match the entire card is built around, know what we should do? Throw big ol Diesel out there. 

Singles Matches will have more weight then a triple threat 9 times out of 10.

oh, and the “we are arguing super early so they did something right” doesn’t work great for me cause I’m on an overnight. Can’t speak for others though.

I don't know about that man.  Sting vs. Flair at the Clash was in like '88 and they put the title on Sting at The Great American Bash ;90. In between Sting had torn up his knee.  So they didn't really waste a lot of time pushing Sting to the moon. Clash was his arrival as "Oh, this fucking guy got next". 

28 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

If I am the booker? Yes, absolutely. Hey we have a chance to have Hart vs. Michaels in a 60 minute match the entire card is built around, know what we should do? Throw big ol Diesel out there. 

Dude, you're not going to book a 60 minute match if Diesel is one of your contenders.

28 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Singles Matches will have more weight then a triple threat 9 times out of 10.

Depends on how the match is booked. 

In the singles match version we have someone who everyone wants to win up against someone no one wants to win.  Where is the surprise in that booking? Nowhere because only an idiot would put Ronda over Becky in a singles match right now.

In this case of the Triple Threat, we have someone who everyone wants to see win against someone who everyone things should get beat against someone who no one wants to see win and might be booked to screw over the person that everyone wants to see win.

Since one of my people is drawing legit heat and it's my own damn fault for putting her in that position, I have to take this booking angle to take the pressure off so that she can get ready.

As for the angle, I can go one of two ways.

1. Have Charlotte take on the role of arrogant condescending asshole and build on Charlotte giving Ronda the impression that the match is really about Becky and her and that Rousey is just there to hand her belt over to the winner. Ronda takes offense and beats down Charlotte on the go home Raw so that the match is mano y mano again.  Then have Becky beat Ronda at WM and they hug it out in mutual respect during the finish.  Becky's shine helps Ronda get her glow back.

2. Have Becky beat Charlotte for the belt, turn Ronda heel at the Raw after WrestleMania via ambush when Becky comes out to celebrate, and then book the Armbar Vs. Armbar rematch at SummerSlam.

23 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Dude, you're not going to book a 60 minute match if Diesel is one of your contenders.

Depends on how the match is booked. 

In the singles match version we have someone who everyone wants to win up against someone no one wants to win.  Where is the surprise in that booking? Nowhere because only an idiot would put Ronda over Becky in a singles match right now.

In this case of the Triple Threat, we have someone who everyone wants to see win against someone who everyone things should get beat against someone who no one wants to see win and might be booked to screw over the person that everyone wants to see win.

Since one of my people is drawing legit heat and it's my own damn fault for putting her in that position, I have to take this booking angle to take the pressure off so that she can get ready.

As for the angle, I can go one of two ways.

1. Have Charlotte take on the role of arrogant condescending asshole and build on Charlotte giving Ronda the impression that the match is really about Becky and her and that Rousey is just there to hand her belt over to the winner. Ronda takes offense and beats down Charlotte on the go home Raw so that the match is mano y mano again.  Then have Becky beat Ronda at WM and they hug it out in mutual respect during the finish.  Becky's shine helps Ronda get her glow back.

2. Have Becky beat Charlotte for the belt, turn Ronda heel at the Raw after WrestleMania via ambush when Becky comes out to celebrate, and then book the Armbar Vs. Armbar rematch at SummerSlam.

This is the crux of it for me. Fans weren't hyped to see Becky and Ronda fight, they were hyped to see Becky beat Ronda.  Adding Charlotte not only properly pays off the story they've been telling since November (especially the Survivor Series and TLC endings which strongly hinted at a three-way), but also adds that element of doubt that will make Becky's eventual win all the sweeter. And frankly, it'll make for a more interesting build than Becky smirking at every Ronda promo (hurt even more by the crowd rattling Ronda) and repeatedly 'owning' her on Twitter for the next two months.  Like, that moment on Raw when they first confronted each other? Great, but it would have been very hard to keep up that energy the whole way, especially with WWE wanting to use Becky so heavily on both shows.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Peck said:

That Tag Title match was the Bee's Knees.

I'm still not sold it's going to be a 3-way at WM.

It's going to be a four-way. Gotta add Nia Jax.

For all the talk of Becky Lynch marks on this board, this thread attracted all the Charlotte stans to come out of the woodwork. I guess in Roman’s absence, we need about 15 people to defend the WWE’s choice of who we should like instead of our actual favorites.

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

On a completely unrelated note, I guess this means that Asuka will be defending her title on the WM pre-show because I can't think of a main show match with her now.  

I'm sure WWE will find someone. Just sucks that Ember got hurt, ,that would have been amazing.

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I'm pretty certain that things are going to work out ok for Mania but then they're going to be in a position where no follow-up will possibly work. 

I am just thinking "Boy - if people are this worked up now, I dread the planned Becky/Steph Summerslam match"

• Thanks 1

I always thought that they could have gotten away with Arn vs Hogan as the January 1990 program instead of Hogan vs Perfect (which was the worst drawing Hogan WWF feud ever). Obviously things like the Tully drug bust only happened because they were already on their way back to WCW, but it works in my head. Hennig was a billed 6'3" though.

It's the slang kids use

One of the safer things to look up on Urban Dictionary

Based on the central character in the Eminem song of the same name, a "stan" is an overzealous maniacal fan for any celebrity or athlete.

A Typical Kobe Bryant Stan would say something like. 
"Kobe Bryant scored 81 points last night. Kobe could beat God himself in a game of 1 on 1 hoops. To hell with Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain, they arent on Kobe's level!"

• Thanks 1

Listening to WOR now and either Dave or Bryan just said something about Seth's promo which I didn't think of. It was in regard to Seth's line about selling his soul to the devil if it mean Brock wouldn't hold the title hostage anymore and Dave or Bryan's prediction was that Heyman was going to turn on Brock at WM.

At first I thought, nah, but I could see creative being dumb enough to do it.