DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is JUSTICE FOR THE REVIVAL - 2/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What? Why do we want Ronda protected?  For what purpose?

If you are Vince, you protect Ronda because you fucking booked her into a corner by putting her in a match against the most over person in the federation and clearly Ronda isn't comfortable in the role of drawer of X-Pac Heat.

She may have put on an arrogant veneer when she was in the UFC, but there is a difference between having warrior's pride and smarmy confidence vs. being a heel. 

If you are in the fight game and you don't think you're the world killer, you're in the wrong line of work but that doesn't necessarily make you an asshole on cue like pro wrestling heels in character are supposed to be.

She's getting legit boos and she's uncomfortable being the unintentional heel in this angle, so Charlotte is in there to help take the heat off of Ronda.

Defeating Ronda ADVANCES the story..  Now Ronda has suffered her first defeat and THE MAN is the new BADDEST WO-MAN on the planet.  

Becky Lynch does not need that belt to be over.  She will be just as over as a face chasing a title as she will be as a face champion.  

That sets up Ronda as facing adversity for the first time,  how will she react to it.  

Ronda is not facing worked adversity.  She's facing legit animosity and she's not handling it well.

Charlotte's in there to help take the pressure off of Ronda so that maybe she can go out there and work a match without blowing a spot.

• Like 2

Man, fuck Ronda Rousey. I look at her not liking the boos and I'm thinking, well, you wanted to get into this business you fucking dummy. This is pro wrestling motherfucker. This ain't UFC where you can act like a piece of shit, have a fight, and then go into hiding for awhile. This shit is week to week. 

Honestly, who gives a shit what this fucking turd burglar thinks? Why does she need to be protected or coddled especially when she's just going to be part time after WM? Fuck her.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, fuck Ronda Rousey.

The perfect answer to "Why is Charlotte in that match?"

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Why does she need to be protected or coddled especially when she's just going to be part time after WM? 

Maybe because I want her in the right frame of mind so that she doesn't fucking hurt someone during the match while trying to be a superhero?

Nervous performers make dumb mistakes.

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The perfect answer to "Why is Charlotte in that match?"

Maybe because I want her in the right frame of mind so that she doesn't fucking hurt someone during the match while trying to be a superhero?

Nervous performers make dumb mistakes.

Above all else she's a professional in the ring. She's not going to purposely hurt someone and her style is too safe to accidentally hurt someone.

If there's any risk that she buckles like a belt, gets shook, and winds up hurting someone, then she shouldn't have been put in this position to begin with. I think she'll be just fine getting booed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

I find it hard to believe that Ronda, someone who is a huge fan of Roddy Piper and got his blessing to use the name Rowdy would not get the concept of getting hate.

Got nothing to do with Pro Wrestling, really.

When you are a pro fighter, you get your share of admirers and haters, but if you are not confident that you are the best there ever was then you are in the wrong profession.

But we're talking about shoot vs. work now and you've just thrown a hot-shotted fairly green champion whose been working face up against the most over person bar none in the organization.  

Now, all the crowd animosity about how Ronda might not deserve her title run begins to come out in its ugliest form and the bookers have put Ronda in the position of being the unintentional heel.  

Ronda's never really been a talker, so she won't be able to out gab Becky and the negativity from the crowd is obviously flustering her.  And then there is supposed to be a title match where Ronda as a pretty green title holder is matched up against a really good worker that nearly the entire world wants to see beat her.

The book got Ronda in that situation, so it's up to the book to get her out.

By the way, something that hasn't been mentioned is how they completely threw Ruby Riott under the bus tonight. I'm thrilled that Dori is going to get a title shot at a PPV because that is fucking awesome, I'm a big baby and I'll probably have tears in my eyes for that match, but Vince, HHH, Steph, the announcers, and hell, let's just thrown in the rest of creative basically made it a completely foregone conclusion that it's still going to be Ronda vs Charlotte or Ronda vs Becky or however you want to look at it at WM. Way to train your audience to think someone has any sort of a chance. Fucking idiots.

• Like 3

Ehh the difference is deep down everyone realizes Roman should probably be THE guy. The booking sucked but he always got a big reaction and he always sold a ton of merch.  That is not Charlotte Flair.  There is zero evidence to point to that says she is a bigger star than 4-5 other women on the roster. She has a name and the office tries but she has never shown she's bigger than the collective. Becky is more over now than Charlotte has ever been,  that isn't hyperbole. 

Roman Reigns was never the guy and deep down everyone knows that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Above all else she's a professional in the ring. She's not going to purposely hurt someone and her style is too safe to accidentally hurt someone.

Maybe she injures herself trying to have a big match moment like....

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

By the way, something that hasn't been mentioned is how they completely threw Ruby Riott under the bus tonight. 

Craig sees the big picture. 

You've already got a perfect heel for this situation and a not only is she a good worker that could use a push, she LIKES working heel.

But do you give her a shot?  Nope, you kill her dead.

I don't get what the problem is with just letting Ronda Rousey play the heel? Give the fans a reason to boo her. This is pro wrestling. It's good guy bad guy schtick. It's a show. It's a soap opera. Rousey considers herself the heir apparent of Roddy Piper and Ric Flair two of the biggest heels in their heyday.

Rousey should just be like, "if you're gonna boo me, then fuck you too!" Just say she runs the show just like she did UFC and she calls the shots. 

The problem with the whole Lynch/Charlotte thing is that WWE was adamant about keeping Charlotte Flair the face even though fans had already turned on Charlotte and taken to Becky and saw Charlotte as the opportunist jerk in all of it. Then you have Becky Lynch handpicking Charlotte Flair to face Rousey after they were at each other's throats for months? It was garbage.

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It’s been a slow burn since she caned Ronda at Survivor Series. This didn’t just happen.

And Ronda pushed both her and Becky off the ladder at TLC. As much as some fans claim "its' Becky's time!", the story's been built as a three-way for some time now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Ronda needs to eat a pin or submit and it needs to be to Becky and it needs to be at WM. 

And you wonder why it might be a good idea to have Becky lose. :D

Having Becky chase the title actually adds value to the belt, so if I were Jim Crockett and this was 80's NWA, she'd be chasing the belt forever because Becky chasing the belt would be more profitable for me.  It would put asses in seats every fucking week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Craig sees the big picture. 

You've already got a perfect heel for this situation and a not only is she a good worker that could use a push, she LIKES working heel.

But do you give her a shot?  Nope, you kill her dead.

I'm just looking out for our hometown girl. On the one hand I'm thrilled for her, but on the other hand, it just bums me out how they're treating her match on Sunday.

• Like 1

Making the first all women's main event at WrestleMania Triple Threat is garbage. It should be one-on-one. You know what Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant needed? Ted DiBiase. Throw in Honkytonk Man into Ricky Steamboat vs. Macho Man.

Charlotte is a third wheel here and everyone knows it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I don't get what the problem is with just letting Ronda Rousey play the heel? Give the fans a reason to boo her. 

They already have reasons to boo her, but they are not the kayfabe reasons that help promote a match.

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Charlotte is a third wheel here and everyone knows it.

I honestly believe that this will ultimately end up being Ronda vs. Becky once the tone of the match becomes less about heel vs face and has more of a Respect Match feel to it.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

They already have reasons to boo her, but they are not the kayfabe reasons that help promote a match.

The fans love Becky and can't stand Ronda Rousey. Just embrace that and see what happens. Rousey is really awkward and unbelievable as a virtuous babyface here. 

Enjoyed the triple threat tag. Dug the general story.

That six-man tag went on way too damn long.

Mean Charly is still around going off of that Becky interview.

Poor Ruby looked terrible the way no one has really given her shot. Even her match was interrupted for a Becky/Ronda faceoff.

Speaking of which, there was actually just a bit too much Becky tonight. There was really no need for that many segments of her questioning to apologize. Also the apology was total bullshit. That made no damn sense and did more to kill the crowd than anything else. Becky's apology should have been immediately followed by her punching HHH and/or Steph in the face. It would have also made way more sense of Vince coming out to replace Becky with Charlotte.

At this point I'm still not convinced we are getting a triple threat. WM is still two months away and there is one more ppv before then to sell. Feels like the obvious place to do Charlotte vs. Becky for the spot. While I do think a triple threat has always been in serious consideration at this point it feels more like they are playing with fans expectations the way they have kept Charlotte involved.

Revival vs. Roode/Gable was fantastic and an easy MOTYC that will only lose ground so quickly in the next couple of months because it didn't have the good build and hot audience it so well deserved.

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

And you wonder why it might be a good idea to have Becky lose. :D

Having Becky chase the title actually adds value to the belt, so if I were Jim Crockett and this was 80's NWA, she'd be chasing the belt forever because Becky chasing the belt would be more profitable for me.  It would put asses in seats every fucking week.

I have always felt that aside from rumors of Ronda leaving post WM, they should totally go for a WM 13 style finish. That way they could do a big money rematch for the next women's ppv.