DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is JUSTICE FOR THE REVIVAL - 2/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

And just like that the women's title match just had the wind taken out of it's sails.  

But, fuck it, Revival and the Glorious Ones just had a MOTYC.    Lord almighty was that a delight. 

Now that was some real good old fashioned Vince McMahon fuckery that I can get behind.

RIP THOMAS, YOU AREN"T GOING TO WIN THE BATTLE OF THE TOUGH GUYS BECAUSE INSTEAD I BRIGN YOU ZEUS!!!!!

zeus.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So simple and basic and cartoony and I kind of love it.

• Haha 1

I wish The Revival had gotten that win at Mania, but then again the match would have been nowhere near that long or as good.

That opening six man went on for seemingly the whole show.

We were all just dreading the moment where they'd fuck up a can't-miss match for the mania main event and here we go.

• Like 2

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

We'll see how this plays out obviously Becky will be in the match but I really think a triple threat with Charlotte is a big mistake. Nobody wants her in there at all.  

Hopefully she's just a big subsidiary boss that Becky has to get through before then. That would make a nice strong compact storyline between Becky's turn and Mania.

So of course that's not what will happen.

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Hopefully she's just a big subsidiary boss that Becky has to get through before then. That would make a nice strong compact storyline between Becky's turn and Mania.

If this ends in a Becky/Charlotte Fastlane match for the #1 Contender spot and Becky goes over, then great. Of course we know what happens when we ask for nice things...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, piranesi said:

triple threats just aren't hot matches. There's been a couple in history but as a hot mania main event program Ronda vs. The MAN one on one is the story they should be going for and EVERYONE knows it....   except maybe them.  

I'll laugh when it gets shit on. 

• Like 1

Wrestlemania isn't just for diehards. It's the show to bring in fans who don't watch wrestling. It's the show to bring back fans who used to watch wrestling. And it's also for us. 

1) Ronda brings in the fans who aren't WWE fans but know who she is. That's a selling point.

2) Charlotte is the athletic freak daughter of the most beloved wrestler of all-time. And she's now in her wheelhouse of the spoiled brat heel being gifted her spot. That's a selling point.

3) Becky Lynch is The Man to us... but she's not known to anyone outside of this bubble. The whole point of this match and feud is for her to win so she can become 1 or 2. 

Also: Charlotte's been in the mix of this feud since the beginning. And of the Top 30 matches in WWE/NXT history, how many has Charlotte been in? Maybe half of them? 

Charlotte rules. The match is going to rule. Becky's going to win.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

triple threats just aren't hot matches. There's been a couple in history but as a hot mania main event program Ronda vs. The MAN one on one is the story they should be going for and EVERYONE knows it....   except maybe them.  

It'll be fun to see Charlotte do the exact moves she did in her last WM triple threat three years ago to show how little she's progressed.  Meanwhile 2016 Becky and now are almost two different people.

• Like 1

I’m ok with the Triple Threat.

People hated HBK getting in on Benoit’s match at Mania XX but it just made things more complex & compelling.

Becky wins but that smark seed of doubt has well & truly been planted.

Vince & co have to play 4d chess now.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Revival and the Glorious Ones just had a MOTYC.    Lord almighty was that a delight. 

Going to have to give this a watch now. How would you say this compares to the #DIY NXT series they had? I know it's entirely different opponents and thus most likely worked differently, but are they on that level of goodness?

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Going to have to give this a watch now. How would you say this compares to the #DIY NXT series they had?

I loved tonight's match so much. It was awesome. The DIY matches were better, but this was still a banger. They had a disinterested bleh crowd in the palm of their hand at the end. 

• Like 2

The problem with the triple threat matches is the formula for multiperson matches for a while now has been "two people get their shit in while the others lay around outside".  This also means two of the top women on Smackdown are now going after the other brand's title. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

2) Charlotte is the athletic freak daughter of the most beloved wrestler of all-time. And she's now in her wheelhouse of the spoiled brat heel being gifted her spot. That's a selling point.

Charlotte is Tanahashi's daughter? Are you sure about that?

• Like 3

I fucking hate overbooking. I fucking hate how WWE creative just has to troll its audience. I fucking hate how the authority figures flip flop between heel and face. Whatever. We all knew this was coming, but I think many of us really wanted the 1 on 1 match.

BTW, to what Gregg said, exactly what audience is Ronda bringing in? Viewership is down. Subscriptions aren't moving that much. The audience that is here is the audience that's been here and it's the audience that continues to erode week by week for the last however many years. They finally have an opportunity to do the straight forward and right thing.

So what do they do? They have Becky Lynch apologize. They completely fucking gut her and her stand up take no bullshit character. Would Steve Austin apologize? Would the Rock apologize? If anything, this needed the 2019 equivalent of "YOU TREAT ME LIKE A DOG AND EXPECT ME TO SMILE? YOU REMIND ME OF A JACKASS!" But no...

EVERYONE MUST BOW DOWN TO THE AUTHORITY

And don't any one of you fucking tell me that "this is how it's supposed to be" or "they got you" or "let's see how this plays out" or any of that bullshit. What matters the most is what you do in that moment because there are no guarantees who is going to be watching next week or the week after. So seeing how this plays out is the dumbest fucking thing anyone can see because we just saw how it played out this week. Anyone watching saw how it played out. They saw that the person who shouldn't be taking bullshit from anyone took a big, steaming, heaping pile of it, swallowed it down, and there went any aura she had because...EVERYONE MUST BOW DOWN TO THE AUTHORITY.

Maybe Becky comes back again next week even though she's been suspended again and maybe she kicks Steph's ass, but honestly, who fucking cares at this point.

At least the Revival fucking killed it tonight.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Yeah - I don’t get the Charlotte hate. She’s been killing it all year, has a fantastic real life story that will be all over the New York and national media and her being in the match takes some of the pressure off Rousey to deliver and guarantees the match will work (albeit it’ll be tropey.)

I mean, I get the push back against a three-way in general but the idea that Charlottle is ruining the main event just seems like hyperboleLike, it feels like copy and pasted Roman Reigns complaints from last year.

• Like 10