DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, Glory, and LFA Thread (The Battle of Britain...in Connecticut Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

3 hours ago, Setsuna said:

Really awkward ending to that Bellator show.

Rory and Fitch go to a majority draw with (48-46 Fitch, 47-47 X 2 ) so Rory advances because he's the champion. To be clear, I'm fine with that rule because they did need to add some sort of championship clause in a tournament to deal with draws. However, Rory sounds one foot out the fight game door in the post fight interview, stating God has a plan and he's not sure he has the drive to hurt people anymore. BJM plows ahead anyway, hyping the Neiman Gracie fight while Rory sounds uncommitted going forward. Just weird all around.

Didn't watch the show but I saw a few people say the exact same things on Twitter. That begs the question why you would commit having the next round so close. PFL can do that because they have guys who don't really make all that much so there is incentive to fight ASAP after already having an abbreviated camp for your prior fight. What Rory said doesn't sound like a fighter ready to get back in the gym on Monday.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Didn't watch the show but I saw a few people say the exact same things on Twitter. That begs the question why you would commit having the next round so close. PFL can do that because they have guys who don't really make all that much so there is incentive to fight ASAP after already having an abbreviated camp for your prior fight. What Rory said doesn't sound like a fighter ready to get back in the gym on Monday.

That and quick turnaround. The second fight with Robbie Lawler took it out of Rory.

Can I just say how happy I get seeing Mike Kendall every Friday, grinning his ass off? He looks like he's got the best job in the world, happy to be flanked by pretty women, ready to watch some people get their asses beat, then fly back to his Akron homebase where he presides over meetings of the Satanic Temple. I wanna have many drinks with that dude. 

On 3/9/2019 at 11:05 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

The prospect of Kayla Harrison vs. Larissa Pacheco is the equivalent of a Vader or Sid WCW squash match from the early 90s. She could powerbomb Larissa Pacheco and place one finger on her for the pin.

HERE WE GO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Is that a real thing? Guy looks like the only thing he's fought is type 2 diabetes. Even for bellator that's absurd. 

Bellator tried to put an 0-12 (10 losses as an amateur) IG model who moonlights as a fighter against hot taekwondo lady for her debut before Mike Mazzulli stepped in and said no fucking way. They're not above Swagger fighting character actor Paul Walter Hauser.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

He's Jack Black's shitty brother. This is amazing and so sad.

Since WWE has Lashley, Swagger is the new Lashley. He's not going to fight anyone good (or anyone who remotely looks good). Based on who makes up the Bellator heavyweight division, it's not like he would be forced to.

I'm watching the PFL prelims on ESPN+, and Lillian trying her best to break her WWE habits to do MMA intros and reading official decisions is sorta surreal I must admit.

Also: As you can see from the step-and-repeat, Bellator is doing champ vs. champ again with Mike Chandler against Patricio Pitbull and Douglas Lima vs. Michael Venom Page.

That was a wild ending and an ugly KO. Queue a million LOL MVP threads on every other mma forum on the internet. Outside of this board, I hate the vast majority of the internet mma fans.

I was hoping Bellator would end before the Aldo fight but looks like I'm going to be multi-screening these two fights.

Edit : nvm, Pitbull finishes it early. Did not expect that.

Edited by Setsuna

I'll go ahead and say LOL MVP.  You can't use a stance like that and expect to effectively defend leg kicks, let alone get back to your feet without any apparent awareness that your opponent can slug you, either.  He could get away with that sort of thing against most of his other opponents but not against a guy who is better than your average UFC fighter, to say nothing about Bellator.

Edited by AA484

D6cxOkRV4AAqj0f.jpg

Big One Championship show tomorrow night with:

the first round of their kickboxing tournament

first semi-final of the LW GP

Aoki-Lee for the LW title

Holzken - Eersel for the Kickboxing LW title

Northcutt - Alexandre

Plus some other interesting fights in Silva-Naito, Geje in a Flyweight GP Alternate, and Garry Tonnon back in action.

On 5/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, Setsuna said:

D6cxOkRV4AAqj0f.jpg

Big One Championship show tomorrow night with:

the first round of their kickboxing tournament

first semi-final of the LW GP

Aoki-Lee for the LW title

Holzken - Eersel for the Kickboxing LW title

Northcutt - Alexandre

Plus some other interesting fights in Silva-Naito, Geje in a Flyweight GP Alternate, and Garry Tonnon back in action.

Sage Northcutt is making a lot of money to do Flair flops at age 23

Also, Shinya Aoki got pasted by Christian Lee.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Anything worth watching besides the main event? Poor Aoki. 

If you like kickboxing, the co-main and all of the quarterfinal tournament fights were good with some surprises. If you're not a huge fan of kickboxing, definitely take the time to watch Yod vs. Sana at least.

For MMA, definitely check out Saygid vs. Khan as it was the semi-finals of their LW GP and Tonon's fight on the undercard. Dej vs. Miao was a slugfest too.

23 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Also, Shinya Aoki got pasted by Christian Lee.

It was a bit of an early stoppage but Aoki didin't complain and he's got a history of wilting to strikes. Lee got out of an early armbar attempt that looked tight so it wasn't like he just walked through Shinya. Odd match-up to make as Lee was coming up in weight and was basically gifted the shot. I'm not sure if that was more about One gifting the Lee family with high profile fights, everyone else tied up in the GP or a combination of both.

• Thanks 1