DVDVR Message Board

Small/Unusual/Grungy Venues you've watched wrestling at

Swift

15 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

I always wished someone could get some sort of wrestling show on TV where every week it takes place from a non-traditional venue. Like if Adult Swim greenlit a wrestling show where one week it took place at a rooftop pool party and the next week it took place at a cracker factory. 

That's why the first month or so of Shotgun Saturday Night back in the day was pretty amazing. Did a show in a bar and in a subway concourse, among others, before it reverted to pre-tapes before RAW and becoming another forgotten C-Show. But man, those first few weeks were pretty great for the atmosphere alone.

• Like 3

I always enjoyed going to APW Gym Wars shows in the garage in Hayward. It wasn't anything special, just a small space in an industrial area, but goddamn did I get to see a whole ridiculous shitload of talented people come through there.

17 hours ago, Ace said:

We in SoCal lucked out with Jewish Community Centers in the early '00s. That's where all the MPW v1 shows were at.

One of the places Nova Pro runs is the local JCC that we also partner with at work.

It actually is a really nice location to run a show.

4 hours ago, Mick32 said:

Last week, I went to NXT at Toms River North High School in Jersey. It honestly reminded me a bit of the WWF shows they had at the local middle school when I was a kid. Pretty awesome throwback feel. 

I went to that show as well.