DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling 2019

RIPPA

All we know about Conrad is that he is in real estate.  So in order to afford he is doing, he is working on some really expensive houses or he is putting the "sponsor" in sponsorship's concerning Starrcast.    

By the way is it possible that Taker is doing this as his leverage to get into a WM match.  If Vince puts him into something would he back out 

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - I am genuinely curious

Conrad is claiming that Starrcast is a separate entity from AEW (this is in the SI article announcing Taker) so I will take that at face value to ask this question

How is/would Starrcast be able to afford all the people they have? Do they have amazing sponsorship deals?

Since I have never listened to a single podcast affiliated with them ever I legit don't know but when Meltzer is saying Taker's rate is $25K a hour - they have to have a lot of money from somewhere????

(I assume Ric Flair is giving his son-in-law a deal)

Well, Conrad's day job is a loan shark. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has a lot of money, and also knows how to get his hands on a lot of money quickly.

1 minute ago, Fallacy! said:

Well, Conrad's day job is a loan shark. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has a lot of money, and also knows how to get his hands on a lot of money quickly.

That has to come in handy to bail out his Father-in-law.

• Like 3

I always got the impression that Conrad was a super nerd money mark who befriended some high profile folks like Flair and parlayed that into his podcast business.

I know he has been on Richard Deitsch's pod, so may have discussed his origin story there. 

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I always got the impression that Conrad was a super nerd money mark who befriended some high profile folks like Flair and parlayed that into his podcast business.

I know he has been on Richard Deitsch's pod, so may have discussed his origin story there. 

Conrad has talked about spending at least 100k on Flair memorabilia so he definitely has/comes from money.

15 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

Of note is that Starrcast is also advertising Arn Anderson and Shane Helms, both of whom are WWE employees.

Spoiler

tumblr_oupeccg1M31rumiojo1_400.gif

WWE to AEW confirmed!!

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

Foley tweeted at Jericho and the Elite!!

He must be friends with them, which can only mean one thing...

Foley's been on BTE before. Marty tried to recruit him for Villain Club.

54 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Tony Kahn could pay Park crazy money to drop his mask. 

I don't ever want to see LA Park unmasked. 

I'd like to see LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park in AEW. They'd be great additions for both singles and tag matches.