DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling 2019

RIPPA

47 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

He mostly posted in the wrestling forum his last year or so on here and then it was really sporadic and then it stopped entirely at the end of 2017. The hockey forum died a death, man. It was pretty good for a while there.

And, yeah, I miss FSdub too. 

While we reminisce about old members, I fucking loved the dude that posted in the old, old MMA sub-forum with the Bad News w/ hair avatar. 

Image result for allen coage

What was his username? 

TOM?

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Faithless Shitbum is my favorite username bet username. For a good week I'd laugh every time I saw it. I'm chuckling now just seeing it again.

Someone's Satchel Jockey was another username bet that someone lost. Can't remember the first part of it though.

Napao's Satchel Jockey. After Gabriel 'Napao' Gonzaga.

• Like 1

1. It's not about the quality of the missile dropkick itself but about the organic facial expression one makes while executing the missile dropkick and what that might reveal about one's overall character work and why you should vote for whatever luchador I happen to like more than 2013 Cody Rhodes for March Madness (or was I just trying to win the ballot?). Come on, guys. Get it right.

2.  I like how the AEW thread continues to morph into other things due to the dearth of information and our need to constantly talk about something. Now it's become a DVDVR retrospective.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

1. It's not about the quality of the missile dropkick itself but about the organic facial expression one makes while executing the missile dropkick and what that might reveal about one's overall character work and why you should vote for whatever luchador I happen to like more than 2013 Cody Rhodes for March Madness (or was I just trying to win the ballot?). Come on, guys. Get it right.

I hated you so much for that dumb argument.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tangentially related to AEW I guess

Meltzer mentioned on the radio show this morning that Conrad purposely waited to announce Ric Flair for Starrcast until after Monday because Ric legit thought Vince would change the Mania match as punishment

(Dave rightly pointed out that its not like Vince couldn't change his mind 942 more times before now and Mania)

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tangentially related to AEW I guess

Meltzer mentioned on the radio show this morning that Conrad purposely waited to announce Ric Flair for Starrcast until after Monday because Ric legit thought Vince would change the Mania match as punishment

(Dave rightly pointed out that its not like Vince couldn't change his mind 942 more times before now and Mania)

Aren't they doing a Ric Flair Birthday thingy on Raw in the next few weeks too?

Just now, Infinit said:

Aren't they doing a Ric Flair Birthday thingy on Raw in the next few weeks too?

On the 25th - yes

Yeah it was really amusing since Dave said it and Alvarez thought he was joking and Dave was like "No they really thought that"

I think at the end they concluded that Ric Flair is definitely going into birthday cake now though

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

ROCK TO AEW CONFIRMED!

To be fair, Taker's doing Starrcast and that already riffled the clickbait websites and fans going crazy on social media as if it's an indication he will be at Double or Nothing.

Okay - I am genuinely curious

Conrad is claiming that Starrcast is a separate entity from AEW (this is in the SI article announcing Taker) so I will take that at face value to ask this question

How is/would Starrcast be able to afford all the people they have? Do they have amazing sponsorship deals?

Since I have never listened to a single podcast affiliated with them ever I legit don't know but when Meltzer is saying Taker's rate is $25K a hour - they have to have a lot of money from somewhere????

(I assume Ric Flair is giving his son-in-law a deal)