DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling 2019

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

We don't have nearly enough bets around here.

That's because nobody is dumb enough to bet something silly like "DVDVR posters won't like a Samoa Joe title match" or whatever.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Thinking about it, and I could be wrong, but I think it was the Shunsuke Nakamura game against Manchester United. 

Wrestling fans only are thoroughly confused now with that sentence. 

If so, I can’t believe he put his faith in his hated rivals.

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I wonder how many people here remember FSW actually hated CM Punk. There is a reason he specifically picked him out.

I used to lurk here at that time. Isn't that also why it was thought FSW was Punk because of the irrational hatred?

I remember Punk (and Chris Hero) posting here as themselves. There was this backyarder who'd tried to go legit who showed up here, starting telling everyone how The Rock was the best worker of all time, and started YNBITR*'ing everyone who disagreed. Then he did it to American Kickboxer, who's been in more rings thabn the kid had had hot dinners, and suddenly Punk and Hero showed up to say shut up yardtard. Hero stuck around long enough to post something about Johnny Saint that was in Bix's sig for years.

* You've never been in the Ring, obviously.

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I wonder how many people here remember FSW actually hated CM Punk. There is a reason he specifically picked him out.

The greatest disappointment of my gaming life is FSW playing the bitch card and not playing GTA online with the rest of us (on PS3). Because I played with Gonzalez a few times, and I really wanted them to run into each other. They fucking hated each other, it would have been brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Magnificent 7 said:

Thinking about it, and I could be wrong, but I think it was the Shunsuke Nakamura game against Manchester United. 

Wrestling fans only are thoroughly confused now with that sentence. 

If so, I can’t believe he put his faith in his hated rivals.

I fucking love that match. Five stars.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I used to lurk here at that time. Isn't that also why it was thought FSW was Punk because of the irrational hatred?

Wouldn't be shocked if some thought so, but I always thought it was obvious he was just fucking around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Didn't someone have to change their name to Faithless Shitbum over a bet? How long ago was that?

That was Charlie Murphy DVDVR (whom I miss desperately!) when he believed the Blackhawks would complete the comeback against the Canucks in 2011. I won. :D

edit: FSW was generally good people even if he took things too far.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Kind of unrelated but this almost makes me want to come up with some kind of DVDVR Bingo.  If such a thing were to exist it'd be fun to see what to add to the board.  Would come in most handy everytime there's a long thread about something.

In no particular order:

1. Mark Henry air bill

2. Inside a steel Davey Richards

3. Pants Free Punk

4. How’s his missile dropkick

5. Stuffing instead of potatoes

6. Chris Masters is better than x

7. Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are overrated because of X

8. Settle down -netico

9. BEN bunkhouse booking

10. piranesi fashion watch

11. Piranesi dean ambrose alternate hobo reality (I miss these...)

12. Vince hobo army

13. X throws the best punches

14. Who / Jim Neidhart pun

Yes I’ve mostly lurked for 13 years, reading  DVDVR threads. What have I done with my life...

On topic, couldn’t be more hyped for Double or Nothing, PAC/Hangman should be amazing and the rest of the card is rounding out to be pretty solid. How do they continue to sustain the buzz for the next 3 months? Will people start to fatigue with the general ‘we’re doing it different, we’re doing it for you’ and demand more specifics before they’ve even done their first show?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wouldn't be shocked if some thought so, but I always thought it was obvious he was just fucking around.

How would Punk know that particular Twitter guy was FSW though? That's either a crazy coincidence or I'm going full tin foil hat.

46 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That was Charlie Murphy DVDVR (whom I miss desperately!) when he believed the Blackhawks would complete the comeback against the Canucks in 2011. I won. :D

edit: FSW was generally good people even if he took things too far.

I miss FSW so, so much. I am not ashamed about that. Dude was hilarious.

Shit, Charlie M was a great sports board poster too. How long has he been gone for?

1 hour ago, elizium said:

I miss FSW so, so much. I am not ashamed about that. Dude was hilarious.

Shit, Charlie M was a great sports board poster too. How long has he been gone for?

He mostly posted in the wrestling forum his last year or so on here and then it was really sporadic and then it stopped entirely at the end of 2017. The hockey forum died a death, man. It was pretty good for a while there.

And, yeah, I miss FSdub too. 

While we reminisce about old members, I fucking loved the dude that posted in the old, old MMA sub-forum with the Bad News w/ hair avatar. 

Image result for allen coage

What was his username? 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Custos said:

In no particular order:

1. Mark Henry air bill

2. Inside a steel Davey Richards

3. Pants Free Punk

4. How’s his missile dropkick

5. Stuffing instead of potatoes

6. Chris Masters is better than x

7. Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are overrated because of X

8. Settle down -netico

9. BEN bunkhouse booking

10. piranesi fashion watch

11. Piranesi dean ambrose alternate hobo reality (I miss these...)

12. Vince hobo army

13. X throws the best punches

14. Who / Jim Neidhart pun

Yes I’ve mostly lurked for 13 years, reading  DVDVR threads. What have I done with my life...

On topic, couldn’t be more hyped for Double or Nothing, PAC/Hangman should be amazing and the rest of the card is rounding out to be pretty solid. How do they continue to sustain the buzz for the next 3 months? Will people start to fatigue with the general ‘we’re doing it different, we’re doing it for you’ and demand more specifics before they’ve even done their first show?

I feel like "Terry Funk ain't wear no mouthpiece" would also make a DVDVR bingo board.

• Like 2

Faithless Shitbum is my favorite username bet username. For a good week I'd laugh every time I saw it. I'm chuckling now just seeing it again.

Someone's Satchel Jockey was another username bet that someone lost. Can't remember the first part of it though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1