DVDVR Message Board

All Elite Wrestling 2019

RIPPA

I think I'm less concerned about The Elite booking themselves as the focus, and more just annoyed that they are being billed as Executive Vice Presidents. It's created funny stuff on Being the Elite, but I can already feel it getting weird as they run more wrestling angles.

Like from a storyline perspective, how can we take the Bucks seriously if they are in charge of signing their own competition? This feels like a conflict of interest. 

I also feel weird about rooting for Executive Vice Presidents on a wrestling show just on principle. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's a bit of a case for the "Paul Levesque and Hunter Helmsley are two different people, one's an executive and one's a Wrestler" distinction. Maybe they should have gone shoot names for the I'm the EVP bit.

On the other hand, everyone knew Jim Cornette owned Smoky Mountain, but they still bought him as manager of the Heavenly Bodies. If you hate Ricky Morton so much, why don't you fire him? Said no SMW fan ever.

I’m not worried about their egos, but I do think it could be a weird crowd dynamic. Too much of a broken fourth wall. We’ll see how it turns out, bte is great and I’ll stay optimistic. 

Since they held tickets back, I’m going to try again for lower bowl tickets. If I get them I’ll sell my upper level tickets for face. 

I live like a mile and a half away from the MGM and with the way presale went I don't think I'm getting a ticket for this show come Wednesday.

I was at work at 9am when the presale went up I couldn't buy a ticket then. I thought I'll just do it after work at 4pm. No such luck. If I gotta watch it on PPV at least it means I don't have to drive to the strip on a saturday evening.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I live like a mile and a half away from the MGM and with the way presale went I don't think I'm getting a ticket for this show come Wednesday.

I was at work at 9am when the presale went up I couldn't buy a ticket then. I thought I'll just do it after work at 4pm. No such luck. If I gotta watch it on PPV at least it means I don't have to drive to the strip on a saturday evening.

Stub Hub and Craigslist.

I have no clue if Wrestle Talk had any credibility or real sources, so grains of salt:

On Monday a new report from WrestleTalkdropped that said AEW had montly events planned from May through September, culminating in a sequel event to All In titled All Out that would likely take place once again at the Sears Centre outside of Chicago. The report included that one of the events would take place overseas at the Royal Albert Hall in London England, and that the promotion's weekly television show would debut in October.

49 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I have no clue if Wrestle Talk had any credibility or real sources, so grains of salt:

Alex Shane (who owns Wrestletalk) is kind of the British version of Konnan* at this point. If they're booking the Albert Hall, most likely they're going through him. So that part might be credible.

*Only vastly more annoying in a 'this guy thinks he's funny and he really really isn't' type sense.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, hammerva said:

That is why I put the part about guys Dave thinks nobody knows.  Like I am picturing him talking about this brand new never seen before talent like the Ugly Ducklings or Arik Royal or Gary Jay.  Guys that most hardcore fans know pretty well but maybe the Bullet Club fans in their bubble have no clue who they are.  But even they don't deserve 6 figures.  

Maybe Dave is using the stuff after the decimal places ?

You're right. Arik Royal deserves 7 figures.

• Like 1

This morning I got an email, a bunch of Bret Hart designs ive had up on Redbubble for years just got taken dow by Creative Ventures Inc, who I believe own Pro Wrestling Tees. But the subject matter given for the takedown was “all elite wrestling”. 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae has been added to Double or Nothing.

In the part where Cody’s opponent is blurred, look on the cabinet. When he comes in and plays with the dog there are some funko pops of the elite guys. When the shot goes to behind Brandi, there’s a figure in a pot that wasn’t there before. What figure is that? Is it a clue?

1 hour ago, Mr Harms said:

This morning I got an email, a bunch of Bret Hart designs ive had up on Redbubble for years just got taken dow by Creative Ventures Inc, who I believe own Pro Wrestling Tees. But the subject matter given for the takedown was “all elite wrestling”. 

Bret signed to do Starrcast didn't he? 

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae has been added to Double or Nothing.

Nothing against any of the ladies involved in this match, but it's probably the least interesting match I can recall being announced for such a major show. Like the 4way at All In, I can imagine it being a well worked match, but failing to really propel anyone (4 stars who weren't going to be incredibly affected by W/L). The difference here I feel is the dynamic that everyone in the match needs the win, but no one in the match really has that name value on paper to make the winner walk out looking like a star.