DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think it is pretty safe to say that if the league folded today - Cardale Jones and PJ Walker would be getting NFL contracts

I would imagine Ta’amu would probably get a look too. Yeah, he threw two picks against Houston, but those were also just about his only incompletions for most the game. And he’s just 22. 

• Like 1

In St Louis - the Battlehawks drew a better rating than the Blues game at the same time.

Obviously a lot of factors go into that but if nothing else - I expect St Louis to have a big crowd for their first game next week

Although the ratings were down, at least for ABC, they didn't fall in half like the AAF or XFL 1.0 both did in week 2.

If they stay relatively steady at 2.3-2.5 million viewers, then the league is probably in decent shape.

Just now, Hail Sabin said:

Attendance did go which is a good sign and means more Merch Sales. 

It's definitely a good sign, but they'll never make a profit off ticket and merch. They need to prove to TV networks the games are worth paying $100 million+ a year for.

Wonder how much of a problem it could be for the league that the team in the biggest market (New York) is easily the worst team in the league.  I mean not sure if they can beat a CFL team worst

And Cardalle Jones is coming back to reality.  Pretty awful performance so far

Edited by hammerva

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm loving XFL way more than I'd like to admit.   PJ Walker has been incredible so that's a team that's become must watch to me.   St. Louis and Seattle seem to have really great crowds too.  

There's something charming about a league where I don't have to have Redzone ADD to catch everything.  One game at a time to really just sit there and sink my attention into and it's gotten me totally invested.

And aside from the contrived touchback rules, everything they changed about the NFL game has been a hit with me. 

• Like 2

I still really don't mind it at all as a thing that exists in "the space between the end of the NFL and the start of the CFL". I admit I'm not catching a ton of it because it tends to conflict with the NHL on the weekends but still, this is definitely not the joke it was years ago the first time.

Quinton Flowers has left the Vipers

Marc Trestman says it was for "personal reasons" and his status is day to day

Flowers had expressed frustration with the way he was being used

(Depending on who is reporting - Flowers might have also asked for his release)