DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I would say this is the new "biggest" name

(This comes right after Harvin said he wanted to see if he could pursue another opportunity in the NFL)

We need a Hard Knocks type show on The Network that shows him beating up his coach and/or quarterback...it's going to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Lance Dunbar (former Cowboys/Rams RB) tweeted that he has become eligible for the XFL draft pool (and seems very excited about it)

So you could probably go around over the next few days and totally piece together the pool but it looks like exactly what you would except

The quasi-young guys (24-30) who were in the NFL a few seasons

• 2 weeks later...

XFL teams will select 71 players apiece next week in the league's inaugural draft, according to a structure the league announced Monday.

The two-day event will take place Oct. 15-16. It will open with the league assigning one quarterback to each of its eight teams, followed by a snake-style draft that commissioner Oliver Luck said will "maximize parity and equity between the teams." Each selection will be publicized through XFL.com, as well as the league's Twitter (@XFL2020) and Instagram (@XFL) accounts.

"We spent a lot of time on this and I think we have a pretty good set-up," Luck told ESPN.

Approximately 1,000 players opted into the XFL draft pool by accepting the commissioner's invitations and passing a background check. After the initial quarterback assignments, the remaining players will be subject to a five-phase draft divided roughly by position groups: skill positions, offensive line, defensive front seven and defensive backs. The final phase will include players at all positions.

The XFL administered a blind lottery to determine draft order. The Los Angeles Wildcats won and chose the first pick of the offensive line phase.

The D.C. Defenders will have the first pick of the skill-position phase.

Most draft-eligible players either played in the now-defunct Alliance of American Football and/or were released this summer from NFL training camps.

According to Luck, there will be a supplemental draft at the end of November for players who were ineligible to be drafted in October, either because they were on NFL rosters at the time or because they were a part of college programs. The XFL is not subject to the NFL's college eligibility rules and is open to signing players who are less than three years removed from high school.

Drafted players will be allowed to accept an NFL offer up until the start of XFL minicamps in December. Training camps will begin in January and the first games will be Feb. 8, 2020.

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

A few of these colleges I have never heard of before.  Where is Globe Tech, Gannon, and Newberry located?  

Newberry is D-2 in South Carolina.

Reports Friday stated that the XFL is telling player agents that the new league’s average salary will be $55,000 (U.S.). That’s substantially lower than the CFL’s average salary of about $87,000 (Canadian), which translates into about $66,000 (U.S.).

https://www.tsn.ca/naylor-s-kickoff-argonauts-turn-back-to-pinball-1.1379944

21 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

But the CFL actually has revenue coming in from things like TV, and these guys already know they are going to lose a ton of money the first few seasons. Having worked for a minor league sports team I can tell you $55k isn't bad in comparison. It's certainly better than what the NCAA pays, which is zero.

And here we go

EDIT - FOr those that cant read the graphic

Landry Jones - Dallas Renegades

Cardale Jones - DC Defenders

Aaron Murray - Tampa Bay Vipers

Jordan Ta'amu - St Louis Battlehawks

Luis Perez - LA Wildcats

Matt McGloin - NY Guardians

Phillip Walker - Houston Roughnecks

Brandon Silvers - Seattle Dragons

Maybe it is just me but the idea of the XFL Washington team drafting Cardale Jones as their QB while the Redskins have Dwayne Haskins is funny to me.  

Aaron Murray is trying to play in every football league possible except the NFL.  Next stop Canada I guess

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Maybe it is just me but the idea of the XFL Washington team drafting Cardale Jones as their QB while the Redskins have Dwayne Haskins is funny to me.  

Oh I am dying

Rashad Ross tweeted that the only team that didn't interview before the draft was the Wildcats so of course that is who drafted him. I don't know why that amuses me so but here we are.