DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

There is two much randomness with the XFL and AAW and Arena and pretty much everything that isn't NFL or CFL so I am just starting a catch all - especially with the XFL and AAW constantly being pitting against each other

So here we go

- Bob Stoops is going to be named President and HC of the XFL's Dallas franchise. The official announcement will be tomorrow.

- The Columbus Destroyers are going to return to the Arena League thus giving them 6 teams

- Reminder: the AAW's first official games are Saturday

As cool as it is to have Salt Lake have a franchise in this thing, what mad man thought playing home games in February in UTAH was a good idea? In this part of the country it can be nice in march,  but it also be really nasty. . . 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wait, there's games on the NFL Network?

Yup - they have embraced basically being a NFL feeder system while Vince is - shocker - being openly hostile towards the NFL

The NFL Network announce crew for the Salt Lake/Arizona game is Dan Hellie/Maurice Jones-Drew/Marvin Lewis

I am all in on this if we keep getting these WAR 6 mans

• Haha 2

The new league, which starts play this weekend, will consist of one round of first-and-goal opportunities from the 10. Each team gets a crack at scoring a touchdown, no field goals are permitted, and (as it will be for all AAF touchdowns) teams scoring touchdown may try two-point conversions only.

It’s a dramatic change, and it will result typically in much shorter extra sessions. But it also could result in plenty of ties.

If both teams fail to score a touchdown, tie. If both teams score a touchdown and convert the two-point conversion, tie. If both teams score a touchdown and fail to convert the two-point conversion, tie.

I should note that the AAF won't use that format in the playoffs - in the playoffs they will use the NFL version

I am assuming it is to ensure games fit into a certain time frame and so having an OT that is done in (presumably) 10 minutes would help that.

They got off to a flying start.

I saw the first half of the San Diego/San Antonio game. I think the quality of football is well ahead of what we saw from the XFL, though that might be damning with faint praise. I enjoyed it, though.

We got Orlando beating the hell out of Atlanta. Classic old Ball Coach running up the score 40-6. 

It was good I will watch it I know once March Madness hits I'll have to make an effort to remember it's on or those 3 weeks I'll forget it exists. The no kickoffs is very hard to get use to.