• Houston Roughnecks
  • San Antonio Brahmas
  • Seattle Sea Dragons
  • St. Louis BattleHawks
  • Vegas Vipers

Basically all teams in their original cities kept their name

• 2 weeks later...

The XFL did it's QB draft

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/xfl-draft-2023-a-j-mccarron-ben-dinucci-headline-15-qbs-taken-as-league-prepares-for-relaunch/

The "biggest" names are Ben DiNucci (Seattle) and AJ McCarron (St Louis)

DC has only one QB because their other one was just signed by the Carolina Panthers

I was mad and O'Shea was too cute by half bringing the back up in for that series, but I'm good with it now. I honestly never expected to see the Bombers go on a run like they have in the last 3 seasons. They've been a pretty incompetently run team for most of my adult life.

My earliest football memory is the 90 Grey Cup. I was alive in the 80s, but too young to remember the 80s team. Since that Cup, its been a pattern of putting together a decent team for a couple years, lose a Cup, then go back to being shitty. One Cup was amazing, two was unbelievable. Winning 3 Cups is hard, things have to go perfect and they didn't today.

As far as teams to lose to, I'd rather it be the Argos than any of the other western teams or the fucking Ti-cats.

Assuming Andrew Harris retires, that's not a bad way to go out. 3 Cups in a row, greatest Canadian running back ever.

Not bad for a kid from my high school.

Now hopefully the other Canadian rb from my high school, Brady Oliveira, can have a career with a few more Cups as well.

Oak Park Raiders represent

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First game is Feb 18

The XFL has split its eight teams into two divisions. D.C., Seattle, St. Louis and Vegas will comprise the XFL North, with the remaining teams in the XFL South. They will play 10 games on consecutive weekends through April 23, and the top two teams in each division will play semifinal playoff games during the weekend of April 29-30.

The XFL's 2023 championship game is scheduled for May 13.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Raziel said:

Wait, is the first AFL back, or AF2?  Or are we just gonna call this one AF3?

Technically both since the most recent reboot (the one that had Bon Jovi and KISS as owners) was a combo of AFL and AFL2 already

But boy - coming back with 16 teams is a bold fucking strategy

• 2 weeks later...

Dipped into the highlights of the XFL on YouTube and it offends my eyes from an aesthetic standpoint.  If the score and ticker bar is going to take up 1/3rd of the screen it shouldn't look so ugly.  The last before-times iteration of the XFL at least had a logo that didn't look like it was designed on a graphing calculator.  I did like the 1-2-3 point conversions though.