DVDVR Message Board

THE OTHER RANDOM FOOTBALL LEAGUES THREAD

RIPPA

On the one hand, its cute that they think there will be a 2023 draft and season. On the other, "oh boy I get to shift through the shit pile that literally no other league wants, and pick 1st!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, Pete said:

Ooh. Now THAT'S how you get rid of tanking the season.

Michigan won, so they get the #1 overall pick in the draft.   (Assuming there is one.)

Also, I may be an old fuddy duddy about this, but I absolutely despise the team with the worst record not getting the #1 pick (or in the case of a lottery system, the most chances at the top pick). 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 8:43 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Michigan won, so they get the #1 overall pick in the draft.   (Assuming there is one.)

Also, I may be an old fuddy duddy about this, but I absolutely despise the team with the worst record not getting the #1 pick (or in the case of a lottery system, the most chances at the top pick). 

*The Entire City of Buffalo likes this*

Fox Sports has confirmed that the USFL will get a 2nd season

League will remain at 8 teams (apparently they will expand with the 2024 season)

They will play in 2 or 4 locations next year

The USFL Championship game was insane.  KELVIN BRYANT!  JOE CRIBBS!  KJ Costello was the most USFL quarterback to ever be in the league- first pass=pick six, fourth pass=touchdown, seventh pass=interception.  So great.  

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am also guessing Canton is gonna be one of the Hub cities next year

I was wondering how big the parade in Philadelphia was going to be if Costello pulled out the win.

• 3 weeks later...

the TBD on the home field of their Las Vegas team is about finding a way to play at Allegiant Stadium instead of Sam Boyd Stadium, right?

Also, the former Ballpark in Arlington is now Choctaw Stadium. The second MLB ballpark built in the 90s to become a football stadium (after Turner Field/Center Parc Stadium).

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, NXT LVL, the best sports channel on Verizon, is not just showing OVW and Japanese Baseball, but they are now showing EUROPEAN LEAGUE OF FOOTBALL!

• Like 3

This is the greatest finish to a European American Football game EVER.  Rene Hanson is a cornerback who got drafted to kick extra points because their punter was horrible at it after their placekicker went down.  Here, down by one, and 3 seconds left on the clock, he is called on to kick a 43 yard field goal to end the game.  Which appears to be impossible considering how comical his extra point attempts were.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...