DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

And from looking at the suggested videos on youtube when you click on that, people really modded Skyrim to make the chicks wear thongs and stuff?

And those are some of the tamer ones.  Do not go on Skyrim Nexus if you value your sanity.

• Like 1

Oh Lydia - I accidentally killed her off like 5 hours in my play through and I was too lazy to go back and restart

She got killed while I was fighting some Silver Hands last night. Luckily I had a save pretty close to that point so I could just revert back. And fuck those Silver Hands. Those guys are tough.

And from looking at the suggested videos on youtube when you click on that, people really modded Skyrim to make the chicks wear thongs and stuff?

I said "make the children killable" came almost immediately.

I figure it went beyond saying that the pervy Nude mods of course were priority one and were ready by release date Because Internet.

I said "make the children killable" came almost immediately.

I figure it went beyond saying that the pervy Nude mods of course were priority one and were ready by release date Because Internet.

As long as there are nudes of Borgahk the Steel Heart then I'm good with it.

• Like 2

Who had June of 2015 in the "when will Elder Scrolls online go free?"

Might have to see if it's worth getting then. I wasn't impressed with the beta or the first few patch notes I read.

yeah, that's kinda interesting now...but I mean...my computer is old and slow and I'd have to hook it up or build a new one...Who has time for that.  When is this shit coming out for xbox1

Who had June of 2015 in the "when will Elder Scrolls online go free?"

Might have to see if it's worth getting then. I wasn't impressed with the beta or the first few patch notes I read.

yeah, that's kinda interesting now...but I mean...my computer is old and slow and I'd have to hook it up or build a new one...Who has time for that.  When is this shit coming out for xbox1

June of 2015. ;-)

Still an 80 GB download just to play?

Yeah, I don't live in Korea, Japan, or one of the 10 biggest cities in the USA, so still not interested. I'll come back to it when Canada's internet catches up to 5 years ago, in 2027.

Hopefully the PC purchase would include a disc, but I don't know. The PS4 and XB1 players get it all that way, tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I did too many sidequests before getting back to the main storyline, and went into the final battle way overpowered (I got Enchanting to 100% really early, and enchanted four items of armour with 25% off Destruction spells - so infinite fireballs all day). Plus I had 100% in heavy Armour and close to 100% in Block (having already made One-handed legendary, and getting that back to about 70 as well). But when I got back from the place, I was immediately attacked by a random dragon and missed the dialogue scene that probably explains about the storyline resolution. Should I go back and do it again, using the go to old save thing?

I did too many sidequests before getting back to the main storyline, and went into the final battle way overpowered (I got Enchanting to 100% really early, and enchanted four items of armour with 25% off Destruction spells - so infinite fireballs all day). Plus I had 100% in heavy Armour and close to 100% in Block (having already made One-handed legendary, and getting that back to about 70 as well). But when I got back from the place, I was immediately attacked by a random dragon and missed the dialogue scene that probably explains about the storyline resolution. Should I go back and do it again, using the go to old save thing?

I'm probably about halfway through the main quest and I'm ridiculously overpowered. I have all kinds of exquisite ebony armor and so does Lydia. 

How long is the main questline, and what level would be considered overpowered? I kind of stopped after meeting the greybeards. i kind of stopped focusing on it as i read it increases dragon attacks as you get further in. Now you have me wondering if I should just play it through.

I accidentally killed that one Khajit guy who could be your follower. I got a bounty to kill some guys and when I fast traveled there, a Khajit chick in his caravan got in the way of one of my arrows which turned them all hostile to me. 

How long is the main questline, and what level would be considered overpowered? I kind of stopped after meeting the greybeards. i kind of stopped focusing on it as i read it increases dragon attacks as you get further in. Now you have me wondering if I should just play it through.

All told, the main questline from start to finish is maybe 20 hours? Depends on how lost you get in one Dwemer ruin. Anything about level 35 or so tends to get rediculously ROFLstompy, even if you pump up the diffuculty.

Yeah, by the time you get to the end of the main quest, you should be of sufficient level to beat any battle in the quest. Plus stuff happens in the main quest that aids you throughout all the side quests, so hop on it. It's a good story, too.

Sometimes after about Level 35 or so, some enemies will get the jump on you, but then it's just a matter of figuring out their deal. Anytime I ran into someone I considered to be a boss, I would rush the living hell out of them, because they can usually spawn other enemies to protect them. If you kill the boss' goons, he just generates more, so I found it best to rush the boss.

Yeah, by the time you get to the end of the main quest, you should be of sufficient level to beat any battle in the quest. Plus stuff happens in the main quest that aids you throughout all the side quests, so hop on it. It's a good story, too.

Sometimes after about Level 35 or so, some enemies will get the jump on you, but then it's just a matter of figuring out their deal. Anytime I ran into someone I considered to be a boss, I would rush the living hell out of them, because they can usually spawn other enemies to protect them. If you kill the boss' goons, he just generates more, so I found it best to rush the boss.

That's what I do with bosses too. I have Lydia and the Sanguine Rose staff so I usually just spawn one of those Daedric dudes and all three of us just bum rush the poor sucker and beat them into submission. I also like to resurrect people to help me out too.

All told, the main questline from start to finish is maybe 20 hours? Depends on how lost you get in one Dwemer ruin. Anything about level 35 or so tends to get rediculously ROFLstompy, even if you pump up the diffuculty.

I got lost in there. I ended up just going back out and doing something else b/c I was in that damn ruin for like two hours. I'm going to give it another crack tonight though. I've already cleaned out pretty much every enemy. Just didn't know where to go.

I got lost in there. I ended up just going back out and doing something else b/c I was in that damn ruin for like two hours. I'm going to give it another crack tonight though. I've already cleaned out pretty much every enemy. Just didn't know where to go.

Easily the worst part of the whole game. None of the other ruins are nearly such a pain. Best thing to do is turn the quest tracker on the main quest and keep heading in that direction. You'll eventually see the tower you're looking for.