DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

The reason I am still a werewolf is because I never have to worry about disease

Fucking frostbite spiders

Only once did I ever use my wolf powers to get me out of a jam and that was escaping from the mine. And even then it took me like 5 deaths before I suddenly remembered "Wait a second! I can maul them!"

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I married Aela

I did the first time and so far I'm seeing no reason to not do so again.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The reason I am still a werewolf is because I never have to worry about disease

Fucking frostbite spiders

Only once did I ever use my wolf powers to get me out of a jam and that was escaping from the mine. And even then it took me like 5 deaths before I suddenly remembered "Wait a second! I can maul them!"

I stayed a werewolf for the exact same reason. I've used the power twice.

6 hours ago, tbarrie said:

...is that a subtle joke about Raziel and me talking about New Vegas here? I guess we should take it to the Fallout thread if there's more to be said.

This isn't the Catch-All Thread? I'm sure I was in there when I typed that.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I also forgot you are all I CAN ONLY CARRY ONE WEAPON AT ANYTIME!!!! thing so you have plenty of spare carry capacity

I carry my bow, a decent supply of arrows, and usually a sword and dagger or maybe a shield if I am really trying to work on Block.

Why people carry a golf bag full of really heavy weapons evades me.  Do you need the fucking warhammer AND the fucking two handed axe?

• Like 1

Well first of all - arrows weigh nothing so that doesn't matter

When I am just out and about working on skill points I carry a variety of things. So usually a one handed and a two handed (along with a bow). And I always have a shield.

Of course - when I am going through a Dwarven ruin or something - I go in as empty as possible to haul as much shit back as two people can carry

As I was finishing the Companions questline, I picked up an awesome dwarven shield and went to equip it just to see how cool I looked with it before realizing, level 19 character, that I have no clue what the button block is.  

The 30 potions I can carry with me rather than a two-handed weapon or shield will do WAY more damage than either of those ever would.   Sword in my right, fire in my left - if I can take down a dragon with that I figure I don't need to leave the house with anything more.  

Yea I figured it out eventually by button mashing, then the shield went into my chest of stuff too cool to sell, but I have no where to display and will never use it.  Thank God for that never-ending chest.

I always just stick with dual wielding axes.  Because if a game allows me to dual wield axes, I'm gonna duel wield axes.  I don't care if it's stupid, or impractical, or any of that shit.  I'm gonna do it anyway.  I also keep a bow, and a dagger in case I need to slit a mage throat or two, but that's about it.

I'm afraid to ask what nasty ass part of Skyrim JT is wandering around that he needs 20 cure disease potions at all times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robert C said:

I always just stick with dual wielding axes.  Because if a game allows me to dual wield axes, I'm gonna duel wield axes.  I don't care if it's stupid, or impractical, or any of that shit.  I'm gonna do it anyway.  I also keep a bow, and a dagger in case I need to slit a mage throat or two, but that's about it.

I'm afraid to ask what nasty ass part of Skyrim JT is wandering around that he needs 20 cure disease potions at all times.

Riften or Markarth... Dirty, dirty towns.

I've always thought of my weapons as clubs in a golf bag. Dragons? Dragonbane. The undead? Dawnbreaker or the Dawnguard Rune Axe. Elves? Wuuthrad.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I also forgot you are all I CAN ONLY CARRY ONE WEAPON AT ANYTIME!!!! thing so you have plenty of spare carry capacity

e0661eb2817b132f7eaae0017e0e10e5.jpg

Khajiit don't need a weapon.  Khajiit's hands are its weapons.

• Like 1

#1 reason to play Khajiit is bare hand fighting being a viable option thus getting to see the unarmed kill cam moves.

Cannot recommend enough the sublime joy of German Suplexing a Forsworn Briarheart

On 2/23/2017 at 5:20 PM, Robert C said:

.I'm afraid to ask what nasty ass part of Skyrim JT is wandering around that he needs 20 cure disease potions at all times.

Chatting with the alchemist at Whiterun made me paranoid about catching diseases, so I pretty much have a potion for every occasion when I am out and about.

On 2/25/2017 at 3:12 AM, Eivion said:

It could my being a werewolf, but i haven't really noticed anyone disease using enemies so far aside from the Afflicted.

Most wild animals can give you Bone Break fever, reducing your stamina by 25 points, which can be a killer early on.

I am seriously at the point of rage quitting this game and just moving on for 3 weeks

I am going to get the horn for the Grey Beards and I am at the point where you have to wind sprint through the gates

I can get through and they are then SUPPOSED to stay open so your follower can come through.

Well nope - they keep slamming shut behind me so I am all the way through and there is no pull chain at the very end go back through and try again and I dont want to risk losing Raaya forever so I have to keep reloading

This fucking game...