DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm curious what choices do people normally make when it comes to curing Serana? Not even sure if I still can, but I kind of chose not to when I had the choice since she mentioned that she actually liked her vampirism even if she didn't care for how it came about.

I generally do Dawnguard last and the cure can only be done after it's complete so honestly by the time it comes up I'm generally done with Skyrim for a while so I don't think I've actually made the choice either way most times.

I think last time I left her vampire because I wanted to fuck around with the Vampire Lord form myself and the quickest way to contract vampirism is to let her turn you.

17 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm curious what choices do people normally make when it comes to curing Serana? Not even sure if I still can, but I kind of chose not to when I had the choice since she mentioned that she actually liked her vampirism even if she didn't care for how it came about.

I didn't even know you could cure it, considering that line of dialog. I'll have to look it up.

Since I am about to finish the Thieves Guild and started Dark Brotherhood - I made the switch from Heavy Armor to Light Armor

Then forgot I had almost no point in Light Armor so spend the next 30 minutes being all "HOLY FUCK I AM SQUISHY!"

Also now more irritated that I let Grelka die in that Vampire attack since she was one of the Light Armor trainers in the game

Just did the quest for Rieklings in Dragonborn. I kind of fel guilty choosing them over the Nords they stole the home of, but at the same time I want an extra follower/pet and I know that even their own patron saint kind of rejects them for their failure to protect the Hall in the first place.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, RIPPA said:

Since I am about to finish the Thieves Guild and started Dark Brotherhood - I made the switch from Heavy Armor to Light Armor

Then forgot I had almost no point in Light Armor so spend the next 30 minutes being all "HOLY FUCK I AM SQUISHY!"

Also now more irritated that I let Grelka die in that Vampire attack since she was one of the Light Armor trainers in the game

I usually play Khajiit AGI fighters in these games so the whole point of Light Armor is not getting hit in the first place. 

That can be problematic since you have to absorb blows in order to gain proficiency or pay a trainer a ton of gold so when I am out in the field, I will usually bow snipe everyone I can in some random enemy stronghold and spare one lowbie to get in a few shots while I chug health potions and then thwack him with my sword. 

Once you have Glass Armor or Nightingale Armor, things get easier.

All of these posts about vampires killing entire towns and causing headaches with quest completion have convinced me that I probably shouldn't play this game.

I have dragonscale armor so I am fine now

The Dawnguard stuff is more a problem for us Special Edition folks since it is present right at the start of the game. Thus - you deal with it from the start so more opportunities for things to go South.

That being said - it only really gets bad after you have leveled up. Since the Vampire attackers scale up to your level. So poor unsuspecting townfolks can get wrecked unless you want to go through the trouble of reverse pickpocketing everyone to upgrade them

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Dawnguard stuff is more a problem for us Special Edition folks since it is present right at the start of the game. Thus - you deal with it from the start so more opportunities for things to go South.

That being said - it only really gets bad after you have leveled up. Since the Vampire attackers scale up to your level. So poor unsuspecting townfolks can get wrecked unless you want to go through the trouble of reverse pickpocketing everyone to upgrade them

That sounds like one of the most unappealing things that I would probably do for the sake of completion and I would hate life forever.

I'll have to play Fallout 4 if I want an immediate Bethesda XB1 fix and wait for the next true ES XB1 installment.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, the first time I played Dawnguard I was already pretty high level wise so it wasn't bad. Playing it through it now from the beginning was a bit more annoying as I keep getting random vampire attacks. Its not even the town attacks that are so bad since they end once you finish Danwguard. Its the wilderness attacks where I keep getting high level vampires who have some sort of super drain and always come from out of nowhere..

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

That sounds like one of the most unappealing things that I would probably do for the sake of completion and I would hate life forever.

I'll have to play Fallout 4 if I want an immediate Bethesda XB1 fix and wait for the next true ES XB1 installment.

Its annoying but fun. That said, it is way too close to ME4 for you to start now anyways. Honestly, I would say the same for Fallout 4.

I'm a fool for not using more of my powers early in the game.

Beast Form & Battle Cry are so useful for the tough enemies that used to take me 30 deaths to figure out how to kill.

I officially hit "oh God it's a month til ME4 and I have so much left to do in this game" mode today.  

Aside from the Imperials wanting to execute me for being the wrong place at the wrong time in the  beginning of the game, playing through everything else pretty much has me at wanting a 3rd "Kill everyone and become the High King myself" option to the Civil War, because I dislike both sides.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Aside from the Imperials wanting to execute me for being the wrong place at the wrong time in the  beginning of the game, playing through everything else pretty much has me at wanting a 3rd "Kill everyone and become the High King myself" option to the Civil War, because I dislike both sides.

There's a game you may like called Fallout: New Vegas.

This Walking Dead season one is clunky as hell. Are all Telltale games like this? It seems like it's a videogame designed to appeal to people who don't play videogames. Also, I was just playing Last of Us right before and Walking Dead really suffers by comparison.

Well ... the rewards for finishing the companion questline sure is bit of a letdown.  Other than the sweet glass sword in the chest by the end of the burial ground, it was a bunch of weapons and armor that I'm just going to sell off, a cure for lycanthropy that I don't want to be cured of and all the companions being like "We can still give you jobs even though you're our leader now!"

At least I can roll with Aela kicking ass with me.  So much more useful than any of the other followers I've had with me so far.  

1 hour ago, CSC said:

Well ... the rewards for finishing the companion questline sure is bit of a letdown.  Other than the sweet glass sword in the chest by the end of the burial ground, it was a bunch of weapons and armor that I'm just going to sell off, a cure for lycanthropy that I don't want to be cured of and all the companions being like "We can still give you jobs even though you're our leader now!"

I played as a Khajiit so I definitely needed the werewolf cure.  The idea of a magical disease that made me change my species was too much to wrap my head around.

Yea - you've played plenty of games with me.  A disease where I can run up to overpowered baddies and claw them in the face without having to worry about them attacking back is something I need in every game.