DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

I kind of want to increase my sneak now just to try that. Of course its one of my major skills so now I can't without screwing myself over. I really wish I had known about and read up on the leveling system beforehand. So much would have been changed.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:28 AM, JLSigman said:

Since I have a shiny new computer, I may have to see how it runs Skyrim: SE and a couple/few/gimme all the good mods. ;-)

So far, so amazing. Just wish someone had ported Immersive Weapons over. 

• Like 1

Since I've turned into a big GOT fan, I've started giving my armor and weapons names from GOT. I forged a set of ebony armor that has archer and one handed enchanting bonuses and named it Dreadfort Armor after the Boltons. Made a Daedric warhammer with absorb health on it and named it Baratheon's Hammer. Forged a Skyforge great sword with frost damage on it and named it Ice after the Starks' sword.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ooof

I spent a hour searching my various homes trying to find where I stored the stupid Staff of Magnus 

Stupid game

"They were apparently under the impression we were keeping it in a closet somewhere."

cue the Dovahkiin, recovering the long lost artifact and then...keeping it in a closet somewhere.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I am also re-reading this thread and trying to decide if it is time again for me to continue my playthrough to eventually beat the main game.

Stopped playing at the same exact point again - where I have to start leaning in one direction to eventually advance things to start negotiating a truce.

Stupid politics.

ESO is probably something I will never get since I wasn't super fond of the play style when I tried it a year or two back, but I do like seeing the trailers.

Really need to get back to Skyrim at some point. I was towards the end of Dragonborn last time i played. Can't recall where I am in the main story though its probably close to where you are. I actually have some of the free Creation Club stuff so it will be fun to check some of that stuff out when I start playing again.

Yeah - I am looking through my achievements to figure out exactly where I am.

I am on The Fallen quest of the main storyline.

Which - per wiki - is when I have to negotiate the truce. But I think I did so little on either side that I have to do... something... to get the truce even as a possibility.

I also learned that I last played this in August of 2017.

I restarted when I got it on the Switch. Now I'm to a point where everything nearly one-shots me. I can't be that far into it too. I'm just past the point where you visit a wizards school or whatever the hell it is high up in the mountains. From that point on, everything wrecks me. I then stopped and went to play the Witcher 3.

I can confirm I did the same exact thing in Skyrim. I was so used to playing Breath of the Wild where you really just don't die jumping off of mountains. Jumped off a high spot in Skyrim and quickly realized this isn't BotW.

• Haha 1

Not dying from ridiculous heights was definitely the case in Morrowind.  You could be super-douchey in that game and enchant a piece of clothing or shoulder pad or some such garbage with the minimum of a skill called Feather, and you would never take damage from falling ever again. I would usually have a couple of things maxed out with Jump as well, so I'd take like 3 bounds for every one of the cantos in Vivec City (when it didn't crash the game, at least).

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, Contentious C said:

Not dying from ridiculous heights was definitely the case in Morrowind.  You could be super-douchey in that game and enchant a piece of clothing or shoulder pad or some such garbage with the minimum of a skill called Feather, and you would never take damage from falling ever again. I would usually have a couple of things maxed out with Jump as well, so I'd take like 3 bounds for every one of the cantos in Vivec City (when it didn't crash the game, at least).

I'd just go to the vendor in that one Telvanni city, buy all of his Windwalker scrolls, go to sleep for a day so that his inventory would regenerate, and then go buy more until I had a maxed out stack. 

I could fly invisibly across the entire island with one or two scrolls.  I got tired of being attacked by wildlife every five feet.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So ESO is doing a free weekend.

I wasted 2 hours downloading a ridiculous trove of bullshit and played it for precisely 2 minutes before deleting.  I suppose I should have figured it would more or less control like Morrowind, but after turning 2 corners with lame-ass WASD and having that first conversation after you wash up wherever, I just had to hit eject.  There's no way I can play a keyboard/mouse first-person game anymore.  It's a frustrating engine when they already had controllers worked out, and I'm too used to the top-down third-person style in Path of Exile anyway, if I'd bother playing anything of the sort.

The character creation was fun, though; first time I made a cool-looking Khajiit lady.  And since my first few names were taken, *of course* I named her Thunder Cracky.

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

So I noticed my Skyrim updating today.

I am figuring because I have Game Pass - I am getting at least part of (if not all) the nonsense that just came out

This fucking game really wants me to finish it...