DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't recall any problem there. Also why do you assume you will lose your followers? Just fast travel.

It was inside the cave/ruin. I am sure she would have eventually wandered home but I didn't want to deal with that.

I finally cleared it but reversing my process.

I was doing it where I would regular sprint and then Whirlwind Sprint to clear the gates. Looks like the Whirlwind Sprint was too fast for the game and it was acting like I hadn't passed through

When I did Whirlwind Sprint THEN regular sprint - the gates stayed opened - well except the first one. Eventually I was able to coax Raaya through and be on my way

So yeah - the Blades are actually a real thing in my game now and not just a myth like all my other playthroughs

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Do you even hear about the Blades before the Horn quest?

I wasn't meaning due to the game bringing them up - I was talking me knowing about them due to reasons but I had never gotten to that actual point in the game since I never advanced the main story this far

On 2/26/2017 at 10:00 AM, Eivion said:

Do you even hear about the Blades before the Horn quest?

You definitely don't - I just got to getting the horn from Delphine in the main quest and all of a sudden the new quest is called Blades something.

That being said - the amount of side quests that I've seemed to unlock in the last couple hours of playing is insane.  Then I made the mistake of stumbling into the Dragonborn content and now I have all THAT on my questlist too.  I'm officially overwhelmed at this point and yet I still spend most of my time creating potions and fucking around in the different blacksmithing areas.  

I actually had gotten my list done to almost nothing

It was like the main story line, the two factions of the Civil War, the dragonborn DLC and No Stone Unturned.

Now I have 3 Dark Brotherhood quests and some other random shit and I am not even sure I am going do the Dark Brotherhood stuff since I got the stone I needed from them

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I actually had gotten my list done to almost nothing

It was like the main story line, the two factions of the Civil War, the dragonborn DLC and No Stone Unturned.

Now I have 3 Dark Brotherhood quests and some other random shit and I am not even sure I am going do the Dark Brotherhood stuff since I got the stone I needed from them

You have like three or so weeks to get that shit, bro.

Otherwise, I hope you parked your toon in a safe spot and can remember what you were up to at the time when it is six months from now.

• Like 1

Trust me - when I was raging this weekend, I was super close to just going FUCK IT!

My enemy right now is actual play time as I am getting maybe two days a week right now with all this other fucking wrestling shit to do

I really should try and finish up Dragonborn and the main story, but I'm getting to that point where I start to break away a bit from games when I have been playing them so long. This tends to happen when I get close to the end. This past week I've been opting to catch Fargo's 1st season and re-watch Young Justice.

So I'm doing the main Morthal quest since I'm in the area, kill the vampires, yadda yadda. I leave the cave, it's 3am game time and I decide to walk back to Morthal because it's just so damn pretty. Hey, is that Falion? Walking out here? Where's he going?

He's going to some circle of stones with a weird seal in the middle. He gets a little ticked that I'm there. I tell him I'll keep quiet. I head straight to Jarl Igrod to turn in the vamp quest and see an option to tell her about Falion. So she says something like, "He's looking for things he doesn't need" and start to walk out the door. I follow her.

I spend the next 20+ minutes going back and forth between waiting and prior saves, because the game seems to have a problem getting the two of them in the right place. I figure there's got to be a confrontation, right? Eventually Falion leaves for his house. Igrod and I follow. She stands in his house, and nothing happens. I get told to leave twice. She eventually just vanishes into thin air.

Apparently, Bethesda didn't finish the quest that should have been here, but forgot to remove it all. Thank goodness for old saves. :-p

I was reading about that last month. Its pity they didn't finish it as it sounds like it could have been an interesting. It was likely important too as Falion is essential and one of the ways you can cure vampirism.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record - I gave up trying to finish the game... again

I had like a week or so where I was so slammed that I wasn't really playing and now I am like "Eh... why bother?"

I might try and force myself to play like once a week and just do the main story.

We shall see

• 2 months later...

Elder Scrolls: Legends is out on Steam now. I'm leery of most CCG's but the reviews of it are very positive that it's really pretty gentle on the free 2 play scale, and it's not going to require much real investment to see what it's all about. So I'm going to try it out. It's also under a GB to download so it's pretty low risk on the whole if it turns out not to be for me.

I haven't really played an online CCG since a game called Star Chamber: The Harbinger Saga. Don't worry you haven't heard of it, died a few years ago despite being an outstanding game. But the Elder Scrolls branding is just enough to get me to take a look at inflicting more suffering on myself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I HAVE RETURNED TO SKYRIM... and am wondering what the fuck I am doing?

I just spoke to Malborn

God that was a really weird spot to stop playing in

• Like 1

Since my break was only about 3 1/2 months this time (stop because of Mass Effect Andromeda) I was able to quickly remember the controls (outside of accidentally flipping between 1st and 3rd person for reasons beyond me)

I realized the reason I stopped where I did was I needed to figure out what stuff I wanted smuggled into the Thalmor Embassy

I also must have had to reload a half a dozen times at the end of this quest because every was so squishy and kept running in front of my sword as they were fleeing things.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My wife is officially tired of Lydia

After one too many "I am sworn to carry your burden" she snapped "MAYBE YOU SHOULD UNSWEAR!"

I'm using a mod that adds more dialogue for NPCs so she doesn't say that every time I give her stuff. I'm also using a mod that ups your carry weight to 10,000lbs or something like that so I don't ever really give my followers anything unless I want them to wear or use it.

The new expansion for Elder Scrolls Legends came out a few weeks ago... and Bethesda is already talking about nerfing three cards from the new set.  I guess when you bill your game as being a more skill intensive, less RNG-influenced online CCG, maybe you shouldn't print cards with random effects that dominate play like Echo of Akatosh and Bringer of Nightmares.

I finished Meridia's quest and somehow got two Dawnbreakers out of the deal. I've read online that there's a bug where if you miss that wizard guy with a shout, magic or an arrow and accidentally hit the stand where Dawnbreaker is, sometimes it'll fall onto the ground. You can pick up the one on the ground and another will respawn in its original position and you can get that one too. I didn't use any shouts during that fight but I did shoot some flames at the wizard and fired a bunch of arrows at him so that must be what happened.

On 17/07/2017 at 6:22 PM, FireThunder said:

The new expansion for Elder Scrolls Legends came out a few weeks ago... and Bethesda is already talking about nerfing three cards from the new set.  I guess when you bill your game as being a more skill intensive, less RNG-influenced online CCG, maybe you shouldn't print cards with random effects that dominate play like Echo of Akatosh and Bringer of Nightmares.

I enjoyed the game for a few weeks but I quickly got bored simply because it seemed so easy to get nearly all the top cards that there's not enough definition between the ranked Tiers. 9 and up is... really very marginal difference in terms of actual cards rank to rank. Game itself was fine but I didn't feel like dumping any more cash into it than I did. Was worth it for the time I put in, but no more.

• Like 1

FINALLY finished the Thieves Guild.

Boy did it get tedious near the end trying to do all the little jobs to get it fully up and running

As sad that the Guild Master armor is nowhere near as good as the Nightingale Armor

• Like 1