DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

26 minutes ago, CSC said:

Going back and reading this thread is really bad while in the middle of playing the game.  I'm now super paranoid that I sold the Skyforge Steel Sword after getting it from the Companions quest because I was in super "I need sell everything to furnish my house because I can't stand my books having to be stored in a trunk and not out looking all beautiful on a shelf" mode.  And now I'm at work so I'm going to worry about it all night until I'm able to get home and check on it. 

Any steel weapons you make at the skysforge will become skyforge steel.

Plus you can always buy it back from whoever you sold it to as vendors are SUPPOSE (again this is Skyrim so nothing is 100%) to never sell stuff you sell them. This you can always buy something back that you "accidentally" sold

Hey! I am making progress.

I am proud of myself because I have gotten my Misc Quest screen down to one page - and about a 1/3 of them won't go away due to bugs - either because I completed them and they won't vanish or it won't let me complete them.

JUST LET ME TELL GROSTA THAT LEIFNARR IS DEAD! LET HER HAVE CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KidNatural said:

Honestly Lakeview Manor is the only one worth a shit. Fantastic views and reasonable distance to Falkreath. The catch iirc is you're more likely to have a random encounter outside. In games before I've lost 3 stewards and that poor bard...

Even Lakeview Manor has constant attacks - three times I have had giants outside my doors, once a bandit gang and constant wolves. That isn't counting the conjurer who constantly popping up at the stones just down the hill.

I am glad I took the advice I read and I hired Uthgerd the Unbroken (the lady in The Bannered Mare) and put her in charge of Lakeview Manor. So between her and Rayya - I have two lines of defense on my build up crib. I will hire some other random folks for the other two places.

I also plan on marrying Aela the Huntress and moving her to Lakeview Manor. Three folks to protect the eventual kid I adopt.

Uthgerd the Unbroken.

If she is the one you have to beat in a fist fight before you can hire her, you chose wisely.  She's pretty tough.

The Dunmer Shadowblade in the Drunken Huntsman is also a good hireling.

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If she is the one you have to beat in a fist fight before you can hire her, you chose wisely.  She's pretty tough.

The Dunmer Shadowblade in the Drunken Huntsman is also a good hireling.

Jenassa is going to be in charge of one of my other properties soon

And yes - Uthgerd is the one you brawl earlier on. She still insults me every time I show up at my house but shit dies when it shows up with her around

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And yes - Uthgerd is the one you brawl earlier on. She still insults me every time I show up at my house but shit dies when it shows up with her around

She is fucking awesome!  "I got no quarrel with you, but I won't turn down one neither.."

I love being a Khajiit in Skyrim and getting into fist fights with Nords.  This cat has claws, yo.

God I really need to get a hold of myself.

I go and adopt Sophie (the girl selling flowers in Windhelm) and she gets all emotional and calls me Dad and I start crying.

I need help

Stupid game

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I go and adopt Sophie (the girl selling flowers in Windhelm) and she gets all emotional and calls me Dad and I start crying.

I need help

Stupid game

I feel like we should all chip in and get a Warhammer 40K game for Phil.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I need help

Stupid game

You are going to be a blubbering mess if someone kills your pet pyjack.

So any suggestions on when to do Dragoborn? And is it something I get stuck with once I start, like I can't leave the island or something? I ask because those bastard have one of my crossbow schematics in a mine in Solsteim. I really want my dwarven crossbow.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

So any suggestions on when to do Dragoborn? And is it something I get stuck with once I start, like I can't leave the island or something? I ask because those bastard have one of my crossbow schematics in a mine in Solsteim. I really want my dwarven crossbow.

Level 30 at least and you can leave the island at any point. But learn the candlelight spell before you go and save... A lot.

• Like 1

I was asking more from a story stand point, like before or after the main plot. Still answers the most important thing which is that I can leave. I didn't want get stuck there. Glad to know there will be a place where the candlelight spell will truly come in handy.

You can do it during the main plot.  Actually, it's not a bad idea, because if  you make it through, you get a fucking TON of Dragon Souls from it, as well as the Dragon Taming shouts.

Maybe I will do it after Dawnguard. I've been doing bits and pieces of the main plot while doing side quests and the Dawnguard story. After getting the next crossbow schematics, I'm thinking of doing Meridia's Beacon. I want Dawnbreaker.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny is that I have a ton of the "special" weapons and they all go straight into a chest in my crib.

Depending on how you're playing, you don't need/can't really use most of them. This time around I've ignored Miridia and went straight for the insta-death dagger for my Dunmer thief lady. The rest make pretty decorations in my houses.

I was getting really irritated since people who wikis CLAIM I can make steward of my houses were refusing to do so.

Finally got Faendal to agree to be one so two of three Hearthfire homes are spoken for.

I said I wouldn't build up all three but I am trying to get my Smithing to 100 and I need to grind anywhere I can

Still irritated that Erik the Slayer ran off with all the Elven armor I gave him

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

What's funny is that I have a ton of the "special" weapons and they all go straight into a chest in my crib.

I just keep chugging along with Skyforgred Steel

Most of mine will end up the same way. I just recall quite liking Dawnbreaker.

I am far too lazy to keep going back to recharging the weapons. That is part of the reason I don't use them.

I mean I am already losing time shuttling books around.

My new weird thing is collection multiple copies of the same book so I can display them all together