DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

Picked up Skyrim last Friday for the PS3. Really enjoying it so far. There are a ton a side quests and most are decent fun. Not sure about the companion system yet, but it is nice to have someone I can use as a walking storage. I am curious how one increases weight capacity. I'v enoticed mine go up ever so slightly, but am uncertain as to how or why. Also is the DLC worth purchasing?

There are also perks in other skill trees to increase carrying capacity. Pickpocket I believe has one you can use to add 50 pounds. And once you learn the "carry weight" enchantment you can enchant a ring, necklace, gloves and shoes to all have "carry weight" additions to them. I think when I stopped playing I was able to carry over 700 pounds.

As for the DLC, I think it's all worth it. Hearthfire lets you build your own home where you can add your own enchanting station, make your own potions and also have your own forge (where you can even make your own arrows). Dawnguard gives you (in my opinion at least) the best follower in the entire game (Serana) and Dragonborn adds a huge new area for you to explore and has a ton of loot in it.

When you talk of making your ow n stuff do mean putting an actual personal touch on it or is it the same as using anyone else's forge?

Anyways, for reasons unbeknownst to me a blood dragon attacked Riverwood. Kind of pissed me off as it kept flying around and to make things worse, poor Alvor died in the attack which also saw a damn courier interrupt during said battle to give me an inheritance.

Thanks, that is good to know. I wasn't necessarily wanting to join either side.

The Stormcloaks are a bunch of racist prigs and the Imperials are also douchebags.   Nord players may be tempted to join the Stormcloaks out of a sense of nationalism, but I was a Khajiit so I didn't side with anybody.  I was all about saving the country while lining my own pockets as a true son of Elsweyr would.

• Like 2

Thanks, that is good to know. I wasn't necessarily wanting to join either side.

The Stormcloaks are a bunch of racist prigs and the Imperials are also douchebags.  

The game does a really good job of making my various Dunmer Dragonborn think that all these fuckers need Boethiah. ;-)

Picked up Skyrim last Friday for the PS3. Really enjoying it so far. There are a ton a side quests and most are decent fun. Not sure about the companion system yet, but it is nice to have someone I can use as a walking storage. I am curious how one increases weight capacity. I'v enoticed mine go up ever so slightly, but am uncertain as to how or why. Also is the DLC worth purchasing?

I borrowed it from a friend a couple of weeks ago and got hooked on it. I'm a loyal guy so I've stuck with Lydia as my first companion and married her as well.

It doesn't matter whether you pick Imperials or Stormcloaks - one of these days, you will start another whole new game to play from different angles, and you can play it from the other side the second go-around.

Agree with the DLCs, screw it, get them all. Dragonborn blows away Dawnguard in terms of playability (more to do), but they're both worth having. Hearthfire is cute more than essential, but it's so cheap, screw it. If it were $10, I'd be like "well, I dunno."

Aela was my wife, but she never went on missions with me. She stayed at home and ran the general store and trained me in archery so I could pay her for training, then get my money back. Never could get the hang of shooting bows. Was more of a warhammer guy. HULK SMASH!

Does anyone at all here still play the pay-per-month version? I worry that wil be the big barrier to them ever coming out with another standalone Elder Scrolls game. I don't wanna pay $10 a month to play a video game. I'd actually consider some kind of "season pass" for $60 a year if I liked the game well enough, but $120 a year sounds steep.

But if they came out with a new standalone Elder Scrolls with no monthly fees, I'd be in line somewhere buying a current-generation console and the game the day it came out.

Question, if you finish the main quest, can you still keep playing and do all the side stuff you didn't do?

Yep!  I think the only thing that might be closed off is the civil war stuff, but I'm not 100% on that.

Question, if you finish the main quest, can you still keep playing and do all the side stuff you didn't do?

Yep!  I think the only thing that might be closed off is the civil war stuff, but I'm not 100% on that.

Ok cool. I'm about to finish off the Winterhold quests and want to jump back into the main quests.

Werewolf, you say?

I'm pretty sure Bethesda made the Skyrim children as obnoxious as possible so that the mod community would make a "children aren't invincible anymore" mod almost immediately.

And sure enough they did.

• Like 2