DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

On 2/1/2022 at 6:01 AM, RIPPA said:

Ugh.... I really really don't want to do the Thieves Guild quest all over again

If you use mods, there's one called (I think) less tedious Thieves Guild that makes it much more bearable

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yeah, there isn't really any bikini content in the Creation Club as far as I'm aware. That stuff is more DLC than mods as most of it is made or finished by Bethesda.

I suggest a backpack. Its nice to have all that extra carry weight.

I've been looking at backpacks, but I am a huge bow sniper.  I am terrified that there will be a skins clash when I wear a quiver and a backpack at the same time.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:02 AM, J.T. said:

The leather scout armor from the Skyrim upgrade pack is nice (as are the various "brawler" gauntlets for different types of armor) and it is cool to look different from every other leather armor clad NPC in the game, but I'd also appreciate it if there were a mod that allowed you to get the bonus for wearing a full / matched set of armor without having to visibly show your head protection.   As a Khajiit, I am always stuffing my ears under some damn brain bucket, but it is better than old school Morrowind where beast races did not have the protection ratings of other races because they couldn't wear helmets or leg armor..

I swear there was (last time I played which was, admittedly, a couple years ago at this point) a small mod that hid the helmets. Or added a toggle somewhere. I'll have to dig through my installs to see if it even still exists in usable form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I've been looking at backpacks, but I am a huge bow sniper.  I am terrified that there will be a skins clash when I wear a quiver and a backpack at the same time.

Unfortunately you would be right. 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:04 AM, J.T. said:

Good times.  I'm 5th level Khajit douchebag again earning a living at Gerta's saw mill while annoying Sven by siding with Faendal for the fair hand of Camilla Valerius.  He won't be the only Nord Bard I sell out.

Unlike pass playthroughs, RNG favored me with a couple of undead bane scrolls so getting past the two meanest Draugyr in Bleak Falls Barrow wasn't that hard.  I recovered the Dragon's Claw, learned my first Power Word, and am ready for more misadventures.  I don't think there is enough Leather in the town vendors for me to smith a proper set of Leather Armor for the road.  I may have to go hunting for wolves and elk.

I've decided to say Fuck Block and go dual wielding this time. We'll see how this works out.  I am AEW Dante Martin relying on quickness and speed to beat heavily armored enemies.  I seem to do a lot of damage, but my Stamina tanks out if I lean on Power Attack too much.  So much for leveling up Magicka evenly with Health and Stamina.

Take some vegetable soup before combat and you can keep doing power attacks without bottoming out your stamina. It will last for 12 minutes real time so it's usually good for a dungeon.

• Like 1

I don't usually use mods in games but 100% used the "wear this ring so you can carry however much weight you want" gimmick as fuck being waist deep in a dungeon and your inventory gets full. I know I'm a packrat but I shouldn't have to chose what to drop and what to keep when its way too far to justify running back to my storage. Just a quality of life/speed issue I figured.

21 hours ago, Eivion said:

Unfortunately you would be right. 

Hey, I found a Thief's Backpack w/ Bedroll while murdering the douchebag bandits that took Amren's family sword.  The backpack does skin clash with my quiver, but I cannot turn my nose up at the bonus carrying capacity and the lockpicking buff.  I will do my best to ignore the meta.

I am off to do In My Time Of Need for the millionth time.  I'll probably go against my usual script and help Kematu even though it feels grungy having to rat out Saadia and lie to her in order to get her outside the city walls.  Kematu's explanation for being in Skyrim sounds like less of a lie than Saadia's.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I mean there is little believable about Saadia's story when you consider how the Thalmor act. 

Yeah, but Kematu's behavior is rather un-assassin like even after he captures Saadia.  Either he's sincere to a fault or the best liar that ever lived.

Why are the hired thugs that some bandit chief sent to kill me for picking his pocket tougher than the bandits I killed in their lair.  How was he able to hire thugs after I cut his throat?

I've saved up close to 7K septims.  A few more and I can buy the Tundra Homestead and adopt Lucia.  I'll find more merc jobs after I clean up around my real house for a bit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, but Kematu's behavior is rather un-assassin like even after he captures Saadia.  Either he's sincere to a fault or the best liar that ever lived.

Well that is their point. Kematu and co. aren't assassins. They are there to recover Saadia for her crimes. There is a Creation Club quest that adds some neat Redguard armor. That stuff is far more assassins/spy looking.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Well that is their point. Kematu and co. aren't assassins. They are there to recover Saadia for her crimes. There is a Creation Club quest that adds some neat Redguard armor. That stuff is far more assassins/spy looking.

Saadia refers to them as assassins when she hires you IIRC, but assassins don't bother to take people in alive.   If we're taking meta into consideration, then I know that Kematu is lying to me because Saadia's burial urn appears in the Hall of the Dead in Whiterun if Saadia is killed or is taken by the Alik'r. 

If we interpret that literally, the Alik'r dispose of Saadia in Skyrim and she isn't taken back to Hammerfall to answer for treason, but we all know that the Hall of the Dead was Bethesda's way of keeping track of dead NPCs in Whiterun.

• Like 1

Well, fuck.  Lydia cannot be the steward of Tundra Homestead so I will have to buy Breezehome and convert the Alchemy Lab into a kid's room for Lucia.  

No biggie since Arcadia and the Jarl's court magician have labs I can use.

I didn't want to buy a huge house with no adult supervision for my kid.  That would make me a horrible parent.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor stupid Lydia

Always getting herself killed and me not realizing it till it was too late

Always loved her passive aggressive "I'm sworn to carry your burdens" and her piss poor a.i.

Edited by AaronMLuke
Typo
  • Haha 1

That's why Lydia stays at the house to keep an eye on my adopted daughter while I am out saving the continent.

Finished Into the Shadows.  Nearly got kacked by the assassin I was trying to kill that was making an attempt on Jarl Balgruuf's life.  This uber damage invisibility bow is going to come in handy in my chosen profession.  The fact that it looks like a steel bow from the Morrowind game is just bonus.

I made the mistake of hiding the Axe of Whiterun in a barrel in front of Alvor's house along with my collection of dragon bones and scales.  That shit was getting too heavy, so I needed a stash to store that stuff until I had a house where I could keep my valuables.

I am at the stage of the game where a dragon attacks RIverwood and Alvor kept grabbing my fucking magical axe to defend the village.  It took five tries grab my axe, substitute it with an Iron Warhammer for Alvor to use, and then kill the dragon without anyone in town getting burned alive.

I thought it only took four tries, but then a courier came to deliver my allotment from Faendal's estate.  ?

Now the Axe of Whiterun is back in Breezehome on the weapon rack where it belongs and Riverwood is casualty free.

I sure am glad I remembered to talk to the innkeeper at the Bannered Mare before finishing Into the Shadows.  She had the bounty for killing the bandit chief at the Silent Moon camp and you have to go there anyway once you discover that the Silent Moon assassin murdered the stable hand at the Whiterun Stables and used his identity as cover in order to sneak into the city.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

good ol' Auntie Lydia, making sure the Dovahkids don't cut themselves on the matching dragonbone daggers I made for them in the 10 minutes between adopting them and fucking off to Solstheim to play through all the Dragonborn DLC

I made the mistake of gifting Lucia a Steel Dagger.  It will take weeks to repair the walls in her room.  I just hope she doesn't end up stabbing Braith in self-defense when they are playing outside.

Edited by J.T.

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

That's why Lydia stays at the house to keep an eye on my adopted daughter while I am out saving the continent.

Finished Into the Shadows.  Nearly got kacked by the assassin I was trying to kill that was making an attempt on Jarl Balgruuf's life.  This uber damage invisibility bow is going to come in handy in my chosen profession.  The fact that it looks like a steel bow from the Morrowind game is just bonus.

I made the mistake of hiding the Axe of Whiterun in a barrel in front of Alvor's house along with my collection of dragon bones and scales.  That shit was getting too heavy, so I needed a stash to store that stuff until I had a house where I could keep my valuables.

I am at the stage of the game where a dragon attacks RIverwood and Alvor kept grabbing my fucking magical axe to defend the village.  It took five tries grab my axe, substitute it with an Iron Warhammer for Alvor to use, and then kill the dragon without anyone in town getting burned alive.

I thought it only took four tries, but then a courier came to deliver my allotment from Faendal's estate.  ?

Now the Axe of Whiterun is back in Breezehome on the weapon rack where it belongs and Riverwood is casualty free.

I sure am glad I remembered to talk to the innkeeper at the Bannered Mare before finishing Into the Shadows.  She had the bounty for killing the bandit chief at the Silent Moon camp and you have to go there anyway once you discover that the Silent Moon assassin murdered the stable hand at the Whiterun Stables and used his identity as cover in order to sneak into the city.

Into the Shadows was neat idea for a quest. Pity they don't do voice acting for Creation Club content. 

Yeah, it sucks when dragons attack Riverwood. Poor Alvor did not survive the attack in my original game.

• Like 1

Well fuck.  Found a note from a Khajiit fugitive in the kitchen of the Bannered Mare in Whiterun.  Beginning of a Creator's Club quest called When The Cat's Away which is a part of the Alternative Armors mod. 

Followed the quest down the rabbit hole to a Skeever infested shack just north or Rorikstead. 

Reward was a full set of Silver Armor which naturally was Heavy class which does me no good other than barter fodder.  If you're going to make a quest involving Khajiit, make the fucking rewards Thief class items.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:09 PM, Eivion said:

Into the Shadows was neat idea for a quest. Pity they don't do voice acting for Creation Club content. 

Yeah, it sucks when dragons attack Riverwood. Poor Alvor did not survive the attack in my original game.

Between dragons and vampires it's interesting to see who isn't an essential character. RIP to Adrianne Avenicci in Whiterun and Balimund in Riften in my last playthrough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

Reward was a full set of Silver Armor which naturally was Heavy class which does me no good other than barter fodder.  If you're going to make a quest involving Khajiit, make the fucking rewards Thief class items.

Yeah it does kind of suck at how much of the alternate armors are heavy based. The Silver Hand Armor has an awesome wolf helmet that is off course to heavy for my character to wear.

• Like 2

Well, the whole poisoned apple thing was a good mnemonic for me to remember to practice pickpocketing.  Now that I can backstab, I'm now in the practice of sneaking up behind enemies and stealing their shit before cutting their throats.

I got Lucia a new dress and a doll as a reward for doing her chores like I asked her to.  I am never going to finish this game.   Soooo sidetracked.  It is happening all over again.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1