DVDVR Message Board

Kiss From Mandy Rose On A Graves - SDL - 2/5/2019

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Hand-Drawn Sprite Man said:

I know trying to figure out WWE logic is a fool's pursuit, but, even for WWE Creative, the women's triple threat made no sense.  One of the team's (the IIconics) was already in the Elim Chamber match, so they were in the match because..... ?  Also, the IIconics were put in the Elim Chamber without having to qualify, for whatever reason.

Yeah, but none of the Smackdown teams had to qualify.

1 minute ago, CookieMueller said:

Yeah, but none of the Smackdown teams had to qualify.

In fact, all three of them were already in when the match started.

This show was weird to me. It felt like the go home show, but they still have another week.

6 hours ago, Hand-Drawn Sprite Man said:

Jeff Hardy being the first TV challenger for a belt made of hemp has to be a rib.

So who are the least trust worthy people in WWE to have hold that belt right now? I mean Riddle seems like a given.

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

I know Sherri was tough, but a number of guys pulled off her outfit, including Tommy Rich in AWA.

Wait,  are you insinuating that Graves is anywhere equal to Rich?  Because I will not let that stand!

• Like 1

I looked at the ratings, and what's noticeable is the steep decline of women watching the show. Someone broke it into layman terms: girls aged 12-17 are leaving in droves. Last week, apparently 55% of this demo stopped watching from Hour 1 to Hour 3. And they, along with all women, have been steadily losing interest since last Fall. 

Male viewership is actually up a bit. But the characters and stories currently being shown aren't keeping women in WWE's orbit. 

Against the SOTU I'm not surprised the number is down. No idea why they're losing the teen girl demo. Is that just Smackdown or Raw as well?

In other news: I'm stoked for this Elimination Chamber match. Some of my favorite guys in one of the silliest gimmick matches and the lead up has been pretty great. I'm a sucker for all the storylines being told: Jeff taking one last swing, Ali trying to break out, and Joe and Orton just being jerks. And Bryan's been on such a roll since his heel turn I never want him to lose the Big Hemp Belt. Add the Rey/Andrade and Becky/Charlotte stuff and SDL is all gold, baby. (Just not for teens, I guess.)

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I looked at the ratings, and what's noticeable is the steep decline of women watching the show. Someone broke it into layman terms: girls aged 12-17 are leaving in droves. Last week, apparently 55% of this demo stopped watching from Hour 1 to Hour 3. And they, along with all women, have been steadily losing interest since last Fall. 

Male viewership is actually up a bit. But the characters and stories currently being shown aren't keeping women in WWE's orbit. 

Push Bayley Before It's Too Late