DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

30 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Surely they need to get Stacy Keibler, her opponent in the first-ever lingerie match at No Mercy 2001 

Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they at least asked her. She is, afaik, still very close with Torrie.

On the other hand, I think if Stacey was willing to come in for the HoF show, she's the one they'd be inducting.

8 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

They inducted Lawler and that girl was 3 years younger.

I'm definitely definitely definitely not defending Lawler, but he was acquitted. LT took a plea bargain and is a registered sex offender.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I'm definitely definitely definitely not defending Lawler, but he was acquitted. LT took a plea bargain and is a registered sex offender.

Well there ya go.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:25 PM, Craig H said:

Sadly, we've said this the last couple years and they don't seem to want to acknowledge her existence.

I thought that last time Wrestlemania was in NY/NJ, WWE tried to get Lauper to go in the HOF, and were close to doing it- but she wasn't able to make it (she was doing a tour of "Kinky Boots" in Australia at the time.) 

It seems like it's more possible than people think. 

15 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I thought that last time Wrestlemania was in NY/NJ, WWE tried to get Lauper to go in the HOF, and were close to doing it- but she wasn't able to make it (she was doing a tour of "Kinky Boots" in Australia at the time.) 

It seems like it's more possible than people think. 

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1

Lauper should have gone in well before so many other celebrities.

FUCKING DREW CAREY IS IN THE MOTHERFUCKING HALL OF FAME. HOW FUCKING DUMB IS THAT?

And I like Drew! I like him a lot. I fucking love the Price is Right. But him going in before Lauper? Christ.

And then I wonder why I get worked up over this dumb fucking hall of fame that's just a fucking sham.

• Like 3

This is my fuzzy fuzzy memory but I thought the story about Lauper was she was on the final list but when they were suddenly able to get Arnold Schwarzenegger(????) she got bumped because "Arnold was the much bigger" name

The reason I think it was Arnold's year was because he had the loosest of loosest ties to the WWE and everyone was all "Umm.... sure"

It was either that year or the Trump year since the Trump year was the last time they were in New York

I might go digging through WONs after I walk the dog

Okay here we go

The story with Lauper was the last time in NY, she was the backup choice if they couldn't get Trump

Per the WON

At least at one point, Donald Trump was going to be announced for the WWE Hall of Fame on the 2/18 Raw show. Not sure what happened, if there was a last minute issue, or they had a time constraint and it will be announced sometime in the next week. Dealing with Trump can be complicated, particularly since there is a DVD release involved. When Trump did WrestleMania and was really the outsider who drew the record number of buys by putting up his hair, there was a complication and even though he was on the DVD, they couldn’t put a picture of him on the box or promote him as being on the DVD.

Cyndi Lauper is also under consideration for the Hall of Fame but obviously that would not happen this year if Trump goes in

And for those wondering - Arnold seems to have been a quid pro quo because he inducted HHH into that bodybuilding HOF

Arnold Schwarzenegger was announced as the newest inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame in the celebrity wing. He made a couple of TV appearances and also inducted Bruno Sammartino into the Hall of Fame in 2013. It seems like a reciprocal thing since Paul Levesque is being inducted into Schwarzenegger’s International Sports Hall of Fame three weeks earlier in Columbus, OH. Besides doing the 2013 Hall of Fame, Schwarzenegger appeared on one episode of Raw last year and one episode of Smackdown in the early days of the show.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I really don’t want to dig out my WM23 DVD from wherever it is, but I’m pretty sure Trump is on the cover. 

IIRC, he was upon release, then some legal blah blah happened and they sent out the second wave of DVDs with a sticker over his face.

Recent women wrestlers in the WWE HOF include Trish Stratus, Lita, Alundra Blayze and Beth Phoenix. Molly Holly needs to be in the HOF at some point. I'm saying that as a fan of Molly. Nobody has a bad word to say about her. I'd also like Victoria there.

• Like 1