DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

15 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Who are the people who are most deserving, but least likely to get into the hall of fame?  In the Gif thread, someone brought up Sabu, and I'm thinking he is the best answer. 

Ted Turner

But we don't know who is on the 'At some point but not right now' list, and who is on the 'Not now, not ever*' list. Presumably Paul E goes in at some point. Presumably one year will be Nash's year. Jim Cornette should go in sooner or later. And while Jericho's bridge is closed to traffic right now, I don't think it's burned. Benoit is obviously never going in, although purely on the basis of his in-ring career he'd be deserving.

* Assuming there is one. It's odd that Randy Savage got a posthumous induction considering he was blacklisted while he was alive. I mean, Nailz is never going in, but he doesn't deserve to anyway.

Edited by AxB

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Presumably Paul E goes in at some point. Presumably one year will be Nash's year. Jim Cornette should go in sooner or later. And while Jericho's bridge is closed to traffic

2015 was Nash's year

8 hours ago, supremebve said:

Who are the people who are most deserving, but least likely to get into the hall of fame?  In the Gif thread, someone brought up Sabu, and I'm thinking he is the best answer. 

Raven. 

Recognized by WWE as the most decorated wrestler in Monday Night Wars history with 36 title reigns between WWE, WCW, and ECW- including a ECW World Title reign. Had the most reigns of any one title in WWE history.

And Vince McMahon hates the guy's guts and the feeling is more than mutual. 

I'd say he wins the choice.

Any Word on Inductors besides Mouth of the south? I was especially curious to see who'd induct DX and Neidhart (I don't think Jimmy Hart will do double duty)...

Other than Hart, are they even going to have Inductors this time? Surprisingly hard to come by Information.... 

6 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

Any Word on Inductors besides Mouth of the south? I was especially curious to see who'd induct DX and Neidhart (I don't think Jimmy Hart will do double duty)...

Other than Hart, are they even going to have Inductors this time? Surprisingly hard to come by Information.... 

Only other one I've heard is Hogan for Brutus.

• Thanks 1

On the point of SAvage being blacklisted... Savage was on his way back before his death. Tghe toy deal with Mattel was step one to get him back with WWE to set-up the HOF induction. Then the heart attacl happened and that as that. That was my understanding of everything

James

7 hours ago, J.H. said:

On the point of SAvage being blacklisted... Savage was on his way back before his death. Tghe toy deal with Mattel was step one to get him back with WWE to set-up the HOF induction. Then the heart attacl happened and that as that. That was my understanding of everything

James

My memory is, the only reason Vince allowed the toy deal was to prevent Savage from signing a deal with whoever it was making those "legends of wrestling" toys because he knew the first Savage toy in a decade was gonna sell like hotcakes.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know RIPPA might not be keen on posting during the event, but I'll take any video y'all can find of the Bret incident. 

You have to be some kind of stupid to put yourself in that position on this of all evenings. 

No shit. I mean, with all the ringside seats are filled with wrestlers and their families, you're asking to get your ass kicked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Twitter is fun of people putting over Dash Wilder for punching the guy.

Honestly, I'm not generally a fan of violence to solve problems, but some guy just tried to tackle a 61 year old stroke victim while he was paying tribute to a deceased family member. Moron is lucky it was Dash and not, like, Matt Riddle.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, SorceressKnight said:

Surprising that Jim Barnett didn't get one of the legacy inductions like the early rumors had swirled about. 

And it turns out he was part of it. 

• Like 1

The other news coming out so far is when Hogan came out - New Day who was sitting front row directly behind the podium, didn't stand and didn't clap for Hogan

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The other news coming out so far is when Hogan came out - New Day who was sitting front row directly behind the podium, didn't stand and didn't clap for Hogan

So much worse than that. Xavier had an exaggerated head roll going on at one point that made the message pretty clear for anyone who wasn’t getting it.

Good. 

• Like 9

Can't sleep so bobbed on here. Felt sick reading and then seeing what happened to Bret Hart and Natalya. Attacker who did that is a cunt, deserved to be hit.

Good on the New Day showing what they think about Fuck Hulk Hogan.

• Like 7

I could've lived without the "old women are gross" jokes, but otherwise this was a pretty good show. Kinda weird how some people had someone induct them and some didn't, but it didn't feel rushed while still being fairly short by the standards of the show.