DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

WWE isn't going to fire one of their most high-profile black wrestlers for protesting their glorification of a racist. They're on shaky ground promoting Hogan as it is. It has nothing to do with AEW.

• Like 3

We had a throwing up toddler there but I finally made it through HTM. It was so surreal hearing a big pop for him asking if people wanted him to sing and then there was so much delight from pretty much all the wrestlers (not just the New Day) when he did. Jimmy Hart giving a ton of attention to the New Day's kids was great. I loved seeing Harry Smith's huge grin for instance. That felt a thousand times better than the Jarrett one from last year.

• Like 2

Are people perhaps reading too much into the head movements of Xavier Woods? To me, he's just rolling his head around because his neck is stiff. I've done the same movement myself many times. If he had done the same movement during, say, Bret Hart's speech, would anybody even think it was suggesting disdain?

Edited by Swiftian

Skimming through the Hall of Fame.

I wouldn't have thought to put Torrie Wilson in the HoF, but after that speech I'm super happy she's in. One of the best HoF speeches ever.

Hart Foundation was my favorite team ever. Me and my cousin probably mimic'd everything they did when we got together. Matt Hardy has a killer Anvil laugh. Nattie's passion for her dad and passion for wrestling is infectious. It's a shame we couldn't see them all up there together. The Bret/Bundy/Anvil in New York adventure was a great story I hadn't heard before. Thought it was classy of Bret to include it in the speech with Bundy's passing.

Watching Hall of Fame's make me cry a lot. Just hearing Bret list the names of guys they worked with and thinking about how many are gone is tough. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

We had a throwing up toddler there but I finally made it through HTM. It was so surreal hearing a big pop for him asking if people wanted him to sing and then there was so much delight from pretty much all the wrestlers (not just the New Day) when he did. Jimmy Hart giving a ton of attention to the New Day's kids was great. I loved seeing Harry Smith's huge grin for instance. That felt a thousand times better than the Jarrett one from last year.

Well, Honky is a thousand times better than Jarrett.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Honestly, this ties into a question I'd have for this:

People seem to be aware that the endgame tonight for this is: Hawkins and Ryder win the titles, with Curt Hawkins getting the pinfall to end the losing streak."

Question for that: If they decided "well, we weren't sure before- but now, Dash, you're taking the pin to be the 1 in 1-268"...even if it's a big loss, would the Wrestlemania Moment factor make that still a reward for Wilder?

7 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, this ties into a question I'd have for this:

People seem to be aware that the endgame tonight for this is: Hawkins and Ryder win the titles, with Curt Hawkins getting the pinfall to end the losing streak."

Question for that: If they decided "well, we weren't sure before- but now, Dash, you're taking the pin to be the 1 in 1-268"...even if it's a big loss, would the Wrestlemania Moment factor make that still a reward for Wilder?

If pinning Dash tonight gets some of that Daniel Bryan WM28 type heat on the Revival, it'll be a fantastic reward. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Methinks there's no getting proper main roster momentum behind the Revival at this point. 

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If pinning Dash tonight gets some of that Daniel Bryan WM28 type heat on the Revival, it'll be a fantastic reward. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Methinks there's no getting proper main roster momentum behind the Revival at this point. 

Well, I'm not talking about WM28 heat on the Revival here.

The question isn't "could the Revival get Bryan WM28 heat", but rather would be: Would Dash Wilder being victim at Wrestlemania to one of the most embarrassing losses possible (the loss to Curt Hawkins), somehow paradoxically be a REWARD instead of a punishment?

It's weird, since even beyond the reasoning here, the only example we have in the past of someone getting a particularly embarrassing moment at Wrestlemania, and that somehow paradoxically being "their Wrestlemania Moment" would be when Molly Holly had her head shaved at Mania 20. 

10 hours ago, Casey said:

The guy clearly has mental issues if you look at his Twitter Page. At any given time he thinks he’s Batman or The Joker.

Per PWI - he also was arrested for stalking earlier this year (it was unclear WHO he was stalking, so don't assume it is someone from the WWE)

3 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

The question isn't "could the Revival get Bryan WM28 heat", but rather would be: Would Dash Wilder being victim at Wrestlemania to one of the most embarrassing losses possible (the loss to Curt Hawkins), somehow paradoxically be a REWARD instead of a punishment?

Vince's brain is basically a house of mirrors filled with ostriches. So maybe!

• Haha 4

ABC-7 New York News @ Noon just showed a clip of Bret being attacked during the HoF. They said the attacker, who is from Nebraska was charged with two counts of assault and trespassing. Then, their hack newscasters made a lame "wrestling is a soap opera" crack and worked in As the World Turns. Fucking hacks.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, MORELOCK said:

WWE isn't going to fire one of their most high-profile black wrestlers for protesting their glorification of a racist. They're on shaky ground promoting Hogan as it is. It has nothing to do with AEW.

You make it sound like WWE is above such things. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

You make it sound like WWE is above such things. 

No, I'm just looking at the hypothetical situation you presented realistically. I should have known it was just more "Vince and WWE are the devil" nonsense I should have scrolled past.

• Haha 1