DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

Thought this was an awesome overall show, one of my favorite HOF shows. Everyone got time to talk but nobody felt too long and nobody got rushed off. Lots of legit great/funny moments. Honky was good, love the sing along. Loved Torrie's speech, turned out to be one of my favorites and cool to see Stacy show up to induct her. Some great shoutouts throughout. The Miz/Shane back and forth was hysterical, loved that.. great stuff from both.

the Bret thing was unfortunate and crazy, good on everyone who got him quick. Bret then turning around it and working it into his speech was f'n awesome though. "Being a heel in 1985 WWF.. was kinda like what just happened here". Great stuff. Bret's a fantastic storyteller.  Loved Beefcake's line about how he was almost "Baron Beefcake, but he didn't care for the name Baron - no offense Corbin!" and Corbin's reaction, classic and the joke about cutting HBK's hair. Harlem Heat was great, thought Stevie did really well in the speech.

As a huge DX fan, absolutely loved their induction - very classic DX. Laughed out loud at teasing Billy about All Elite, and HHH shutting down the too sweet chants with "that's just stupid". Often imitated, never duplicated. HHH chasing Corbin with the water gun at the end was hilarious.  Super fun show.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

I haven't paid close attention to these speeches over the years but is that thing about not thanking Vince a thing? Or was that a rib? Do people not mention him in HOF speeches?

It's definitely a rule. Shawn breaks it every year he's up there.

I think it was in the late '00s you suddenly stopped hearing his name in the speeches.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

I haven't paid close attention to these speeches over the years but is that thing about not thanking Vince a thing? Or was that a rib? Do people not mention him in HOF speeches?

I remember Shawn Michaels saying something similar when he gave his retirement speech on the post WrestleMania XXVI RAW. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Okay, now he's just lucky the nephew of said stroke victim, who happens to be huge and an MMA fighter, didn't murder him.

Knowing the outcome I still was like holy shit Davey is about kill this guy if they don’t get him away. 

• Like 2

I didn't see the original broadcast but it looks like they edited it out of the repeat I'm watching. The tone of the crowd suddenly changed and Bret's hair is all mussed up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

I didn't see the original broadcast but it looks like they edited it out of the repeat I'm watching. The tone of the crowd suddenly changed and Bret's hair is all mussed up.

I'm not surprised. He literally was stopped mid sentence live.

New way to distinguish the Revival:

Dawson: Has a good look, no hair, and a generic name

Wilder: Has a generic look, hair, a good ring name, and will punch dumbfucks right in the face

If Bret had to pick wrestlers (or wrestling-linked personalities) to be his personal security, having an actual MMA guy (Browne) and a close relative who threw coffee in Jake Roberts face to defend his father's honor (Davey Jr) would be good choices. At the risk of opening the floor up to people suggesting Haku would have killed the dumbfuck and eaten his stupid hat too.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, J.H. said:

Well that just reminds me next year the whole show should be dedicated to Haku and have it be 4 hours of wrestlers telling stories about what a badass is he is

James

Haku and the Barbarian seem like people who aren't in, but could be inducted without it really seeming too odd compared to the people that are already in.

• Like 1

From the WON website

"Markazi said he was told the attacker was charged with two counts of assault in the third degree and disorderly conduct. As of this writing, his name has yet to be released but the Associated Press reported he's 26 years old."

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

New way to distinguish the Revival:

Dawson: Has a good look, no hair, and a generic name

Wilder: Has a generic look, hair, a good ring name, and will punch dumbfucks right in the face

If Bret had to pick wrestlers (or wrestling-linked personalities) to be his personal security, having an actual MMA guy (Browne) and a close relative who threw coffee in Jake Roberts face to defend his father's honor (Davey Jr) would be good choices. At the risk of opening the floor up to people suggesting Haku would have killed the dumbfuck and eaten his stupid hat too.

Should Davey Boy Smith Jr. really be respected for going up to a man in his 60s and throwing hot coffee in his face then running away?

• Like 1