DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame 2019

Brian Fowler

23 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Curious who inducts them. Figure it probably has to be the Usos or New Day?

There aren't too many rivals that make sense. Animal. Sting. Regal. Robert Parker. Sid seems in bad taste. Who wants to put the Nasty Boys in front of a live mic? Likewise the Steiners. Hall and Nash? 

Who on the roster did Booker train?

Was Ember Moon/Athena part of ROW?

Now Harlem Heat never had a single match in the WWE - now obviously Booker T did but the tag team itself never did

So I am trying to remember - are Abby and Sting the only other people who got inducted without working for the company (And Abby is a weird gray area and Sting at least did a couple of matches after)

This obviously isn't counting the legacy folks they started putting in

40 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There aren't too many rivals that make sense. Animal. Sting. Regal. Robert Parker. Sid seems in bad taste. Who wants to put the Nasty Boys in front of a live mic? Likewise the Steiners. Hall and Nash? 

Ember Moon

On 3/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Wasn't the Hart Foundation rumored to go in too?

Yeah but just a rumor. Bam Bam Bigelow was rumored last year. Brad Shepard blocked me when I tweeted that he didn't right after he said he'd be the last man inducted last year. He also threw a fit when another outlet "exclusively" announced the Kid Rock news. 

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Did Meltzer actually say Stevie Ray doesn't deserve to go in, or is Stevie getting twisted information somewhere?

He laughed and question how serious they want people to take it with Stevie and Torrie Wilson.

1 minute ago, bazzil said:

He laughed and question how serious they want people to take it with Stevie and Torrie Wilson.

Correct

They (Dave and Alvarez) also pointed out that even on RAW the announcers were treating it like a joke ("Booker T should go in 5 times. Put him in as GI Bro!")

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

He did a recall vote - it didn't pass

Should be pointed out that Dave voted to remove him, which disproves the nonsensical comments about how Dave and Dave alone decides who gets in.

If you asked me what WCW tag teams deserved to go into the WWE HoF, it might be a while before I got to Harlem Heat. Midnight Express, Steiner Brothers, Koloffs, Sting and Luger (since double inductions are apparently not that rare now), Arn and Tully, Hollywood Blondes, Arn and Bobby Eaton, Nasty Boys... Actually the Dangerous Alliance as a group gets Austin, Arn and Madusa in the double club, plus inducts Rude, Eaton and Zybysco along with Paul E.

Scott was barred from attending the HoF ceremony a couple of years ago, because Hogan's wife called the cops on him or something. I think he shit talked H in a couple of interviews as well, but so did the Outlaws and they got jobs after.

See with the Harlem Heat induction, is that just Booker and Stevie, or is Sherri included as well? Because if she is, I'm thinking we should campaign for a Doom HoF place, so Woman can get in. Assuming the circumstances of her death are going to preclude her getting a spot in her own right.

14 minutes ago, AxB said:

Scott was barred from attending the HoF ceremony a couple of years ago, because Hogan's wife called the cops on him or something. I think he shit talked H in a couple of interviews as well, but so did the Outlaws and they got jobs after.

The difference in those two scenarios is very standard pro wrestling stuff: Scott talked shit and wasn't a friend, so fuck him. The Outlaws talked shit because they were upset they got let go...but were/are friends, so all was forgiven. Happens all the time.

• Like 1

True or not, this will never fail to make me smile:

Steiner also bristles at suggestions that he was using steroids during his WWE heyday.

"I told (WWE) to have Triple H pick me up in a limo, then we could go test together," he says with a laugh. "They never asked again. I've never failed a drug test in my life."

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Matt D said:

There's a large part of me that wants this just so we can segue into a dueling shit talking between the Usos and Harlem Heat(with Heat talking into the camera, of course)